1.81c aka Tank love

Ailyn

Loyal Freddie
This patch will be nice :).

Will hopefully change the roll of heavytanks in fullscale RvR from being siegebots.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Wtf are you dudes discussing rofl.

Would it be FUNNY if everything was working identical in this fucking game? tanks and casters works fine and have their + and - right now thanks

I dont want some WoW system where u get "little" interuption then keep on casting spells

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
Someone said what I have been waiting for :clap:

Can´t belive it took so long :)

Ah that was fun but time to RvR now.

umm wtf are you talking about. He only stated that Tanks infact get free free resists for more than 70%, in which case that has nothing to do with your argument.

Its a very smart choice that you go back to RvR before making more clueless points.

Edit: Your pure argument was that TANKS in fact do not get 70% FREE resists. I think he just literally "owned" with his argument and you actually thought you had your point proven... PRICELESS...

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Pera said:
umm wtf are you talking about. He only stated that Tanks infact get free free resists for more than 70%, in which case that has nothing to do with your argument.

Its a very smart choice that you go back to RvR before making more clueless points.

Atleast pure tanks are easily kited. would you rather have a 70% resist charge light tank on you? xD

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
Atleast pure tanks are easily kited. would you rather have a 70% resist charge light tank on you? xD

hmm how are you exactly gonna kite a pure tank that can get up to 90% resists, charged up and can sprint more than you do????

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Pera said:
hmm how are you exactly gonna kite a pure tank that can get up to 90% resists, charged up and can sprint more than you do????

I dunno how you play, but play a full caster grp setup on my US alb server and as a light tank on another alb server EU side.

What we do to kite is the extreme use of end pots. you should try it

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
I dunno how you play, but play a full caster grp setup on my US alb server and as a light tank on another alb server EU side.

What we do to kite is the extreme use of end pots. you should try it

Hmm I think you are missing the point. Thats how you do it NOW, the question is how WILL you do it when this patch goes live as it is...

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Pera said:
Hmm I think you are missing the point. Thats how you do it NOW, the question is how WILL you do it when this patch goes live as it is...

I will play midgard >.<

anyway, To check those three classes. Im quite certain this is a good boost for midgard in the way they already have their RR5 if things go bad. now add this :X

Hib uses warden usually for BG. Alb mostly pala and friar. never arseman

Midgard uses their warrior pretty much 98%. some use savage but it aint as solid.

Ive been fighting warden resisted bainshee ablatived baod3 grps so I know what happens to my 320 int spec nukes with 10% pierce :(

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Pera said:

Edit: Your pure argument was that TANKS in fact do not get 70% FREE resists. I think he just literally "owned" with his argument and you actually thought you had your point proven... PRICELESS...

You tried to make getting a second character = free

and that is wrong

You tried to say u cant get more then 30% melee resists.

that is wrong.

Forfid

Fledgling Freddie
Pera said:
Thats not the issue here... the problem is that a caster has A LOT less hps than a tank and in return they SHOULD have A LOT more DPS. However, as I stated after this patch it is going to be very unfair for casters.

as we stand now heavy tanks are useless in RvR. Give them a break, they pay subs too.
I hate to see a lot of dress users (casters) in RvR (its a bit gay).

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
You tried to make getting a second character = free

and that is wrong

You tried to say u cant get more then 30% melee resists.

that is wrong.

The second char can be your friends bot or a druid that actually plays = FREE

You CAN'T get more than 30% melee resists without RAs = Right

Go back to RvR....

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Like someone else said in this thread, this aint the end of the class changes this patch. I have a funny feeling casters will get some kinda love too to equal the extra resists the heavy tanks are getting. I can kinda see what they're trying to do - make fights last longer, more fun rather than nuke nuke dead.

Depending on what else they have in store for us for the rest of the notes im keeping my armsman under lock and key until the toa patch gets here as I really cba farming arti's and scrolls again.

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
Pera said:
Don't get me wrong. I am all for increasing the Heavy Tanks utility and agree 95% of the changes. Great for Heavy Tanks. However, they should not gimp out casters while pimping out the Tanks. Like leave the casters alone but pimp out the tanks. That would be perfectly fine.

I didn't say don't make Tanks more useful. All I said was don't make it in a way that gimping casters while pimping out Tanks.

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Pera said:
The second char can be your friends bot or a druid that actually plays = FREE

Relying on another person to provide buffs hardly makes them free.

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
Sendraks said:
Relying on another person to provide buffs hardly makes them free.

You can still get those buffs for free due to the fact that you don't pay or spend RPs for them.

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie
You've not died with moose and insta heal in 3-4 seconds to 3 man caster assist have you recently with own RR11 support healing freely.

You prepare to sprint
You assist BM1
You enter combat you target caster a

BM1 is dead

caster a hits you for 541 damage
caster b hits you for 541 damage
caster c hits for 625 damage
Your resistance to cold is reduced
caster a hits you for 814 damage
You channel the spirit of the hunt
You perform a shield swipe
The brittle guard intercepts 345 damage you kill the brittle guard
You prepare to perform a slam
XXX heals you for 1145
tank a is bodyguarding caster a
caster b hits you for 585 damage
ZZZ heals you for 722 damage
caster c hits you for 645 damage
caster b hits you for 678 damage
You target caster b
tank a is grappling
You are grappled and cant attack
caster a hits you for 825 damage
You die

Start to finish 9 seconds.(one caster lost los would have died straight after insta)

Fact is hero/armsmen dont get groups because other classes have banelord or wardens/friars (to a lesser extent paladins) can bodyguard and offer more. Warrior, different matter, as BG class in its realm it has no viable counterpart nor by looking at the early notes will it be replaced.

Still early days in 1.81 patch and as Chim says we are talking heavy tanks not banelord light tanks, a world of difference, hence why the changes are atm looked on with interest.

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Pera said:
You can still get those buffs for free due to the fact that you don't pay or spend RPs for them.

Yes, but its a pretty tenuous use of the word free. You cannot rely on those buffs always being there unless you have a BB, which then brings us on to an entirely different definition of "not free."

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
Sendraks said:
Yes, but its a pretty tenuous use of the word free. You cannot rely on those buffs always being there unless you have a BB, which then brings us on to an entirely different definition of "not free."

No it doesn't. It brings us to the argument that they are "Not Reliable" but in fact for free when they are reliable.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Guys, the only thing that you need to do to stop an enemy tank from pulping your caster is getting someone to bodyguard him. Problem solved. I see people do that in RVR all the time already, so this isn't exactly a problem is it?

The buffs to the tank classes are great for the tank players.

Just because you can't nuke down a tank before he gets to you is a non-issue. I can't shoot down a tank when he sprints at me, nor can I melee him down, and I'm not whining about that.

Play to your strengths instead of whining about your weaknesses.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
For free means u dont have to give/make or do anything.

Getting someone else to buff for u is not free

level a buffbot is not free

Getting a grp with a buffer is not free.

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
Guys, the only thing that you need to do to stop an enemy tank from pulping your caster is getting someone to bodyguard him. Problem solved. I see people do that in RVR all the time already, so this isn't exactly a problem is it?

The buffs to the tank classes are great for the tank players.

Just because you can't nuke down a tank before he gets to you is a non-issue. I can't shoot down a tank when he sprints at me, nor can I melee him down, and I'm not whining about that.

Play to your strengths instead of whining about your weaknesses.

That is not a valid solution Tesla. What you are saying is you HAVE to HAVE a BG tank to stop Tanks? Do you realize with up to 70% - 90% Resists you can't CC tanks to help casters kite?

Sure it would be super nice to have a BG bot running with a group but running a hib group that is 2 druids 3 tanks 1 bard light eld and a shee, we do not have the luxury of dedicating a tank to play BG bot. even if we had him help with BG and Assist the train. There is still a 2-3 second delay for BG to kick in when the BG tank comes to your help from out of range which is more than enough time to take a caster down.

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
For free means u dont have to give/make or do anything.

Getting someone else to buff for u is not free

level a buffbot is not free

Getting a grp with a buffer is not free.

OMFG... If I buff a friend of mine just because he asked me, he gets my buffs for free I don't ask in return for money or anything. You don't have to level a bot to get resists. Casters are also give up "space" in the group for buffers but do they get free melee resists? Nope...

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
You don't have to do anything. If your enemies run with a heavy tank, then it might be smart to have one yourself as well..

People look at this with the 'I MUST HAVE THE VERY BEST GROUP POSSIBLE' option clicked on. Take it off and look at the heavy tanks in each realm. They needed the love and they got it. Noone is forcing you to give them a group, and you're not forced to take on in. But it makes heavy tanks very interesting to include in groups and that's only a good thing.

My Guildgroup already run with a warrior by default, who does most of the BGing when not assisting the zerkers. This will make her role a lot more fun.

In my opinion, you do need one of these tanks in your group, but noone is forcing you to. Adapt, don't complain because your current tactic isn't a sure-fire win anymore. :)

Gamah

Banned
It may just be me, but this seems like crap fluff..its gonna be overpowered in the right set up but again mythic have skipped addressing the CORE issues and gone around it by adding extra shite.

Stuff like giving climb walls to tanks for 30 seconds...anycaster is just gonna bitch slap any tank they see climbing up a wall.

Mid groups who pretty much all run with a warrior = more skillgard
Hib groups who have no space for a hero normally = loosing dps (bm/caster) for the CC shit
Albs = just fucked, already dont have enough spaces to fill up a group with the required abilities.

Mythic should address heavy tank situation in a different way. NOt adding extra shit, but for example giving warriors/heros/arms det/charge (not sure which one they get)..etc.

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
You don't have to do anything. If your enemies run with a heavy tank, then it might be smart to have one yourself as well..

People look at this with the 'I MUST HAVE THE VERY BEST GROUP POSSIBLE' option clicked on. Take it off and look at the heavy tanks in each realm. They needed the love and they got it. Noone is forcing you to give them a group, and you're not forced to take on in. But it makes heavy tanks very interesting to include in groups and that's only a good thing.

My Guildgroup already run with a warrior by default, who does most of the BGing when not assisting the zerkers. This will make her role a lot more fun.

In my opinion, you do need one of these tanks in your group, but noone is forcing you to. Adapt, don't complain because your current tactic isn't a sure-fire win anymore. :)

It never was a sure-fire win as it is with mid pd5 bd ml9SM groups :). Also I am not against the changes as I said before the problem I have is with the 15% resists. Nothing more nothing less. You are telling me to adapt to the changes by on the other hand you are also saying you run a warrior on "default" so you really don't need to adjust anything :). Not fair now is it?

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Well, it's neither unfair nor fair. It'd call it 'lucky'. (And we have a headstrong warrior who wanted a groupspot anyway).

Not like we knew warriors were gonna get love on this level. But it's cool for heavy tanks in all realms. They should be something that makes casters having to clean their underwear when it comes thundering down the hill towards them.

Let's see what else Mythic has up it's sleeve, though. 1.81 is far from over and I'm sure that casters will be dealt with as well.

swifteagle

Fledgling Freddie
First off let me say I think Heavy tanks needed a boost BUT how can mythic say these changes fit into the class ?
Basically they have from an Alb PoV changed the Armsman from a full out tank into a hybrid/Pally cross along with a climb wall ability !
Meanwhile archers are now the only stealth class without a climb wall ability which is ok but honestly a heavy tank climbing a wall in plate or chain armour ?
Whats next they get smite and we'll have the old Smite clerics replaced by Heavy Tanks cos this fits in almost as much as the changes they've made or casters get plate armour and can spec in 2H weapons,a bit extreme I know but I really think they've now turned the Heavy tanks into a hybrid basically a pally for alb without needing to spec in chants and use power. :p

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Well, I got a ML10, ToA'ed Armsman. While I'd say I have similar damage to a Merc with my 2H/Pole, I use way more endu, my slam misses a lot cause it has no to hit bonus, Banelord is superior to Battlemaster/Warlord and I miss charge.

If you ask me, it was a bloody time to fix the Armsman class. Now, with DR and those 5.8 poles, anytime snare, some serious group utility and very good defensive boosts and a nice RAs you can spent the points on after Det4 at low RR the only think that needs to be fixed is endu usage for large weapons and to hit bonus for slam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom