1.61 final notes o_0

T

Tigerius

/cry.

Why Mythic why? As if people didn't have enough reasons to pay you for the buffbots? As if the buffed players didn't already tramble every boundary, class balance and skill level for a cheap buck.

Take the blue pill and you will wake up as if nothing has happend, but several months of your life will have disappeared and you will have the feeling something isn't right.

Take the red pill and your credit card will be billed £6 more a month and you see just how high the buffs go. The feeling of something not being right will still be there though.

Smite Cleric with a buffbot, it could be me.

S

Shike

short patch that didnt really take that long in real time to make, cant expect much changes from that really, I think 1.62 will be a bigger one.

The changes to buffs and how they work in 1.61 is utter shit, will mean some classes will be totally crazy :(

Zerks as they are today is a fine class, balanced and do what they are supposed to do, with 380str, 2000+ weaponskill and 2450 hp... well, will be overpowered and screams of nerfing zerks will be even louder=zerks will probably get nerfed sooner or later=me quit playing thanks to that change that only botusers gain from.

Mythic on crack.... as usual, wish they could listen a bit more to the people that actually play it :rolleyes:

F

Flimgoblin

compare zerk damage to warrior damage....

consider warrior damage is actually the highest 2h in the game... (excluding one style/followup in polearms)

compare every other style line to LA and they're sadly lacking.

If midgard was the melee realm (which it is - just that doesn't mean you get 10 times better melee - it means you have more melee-oriented characters) then axe/sword/hammer/spear would also be sickeningly overpowered.

They're not - it's only Left Axe which was boosted in 1.51 by the wrong amount.

They doubled its growth rate to make up for the left axe halving damage - except left axe doesn't halve damage at level 50 - it takes 10% off.

This is the problem with LA.

Now I think all the style lines that don't boost base damage should get a 20% bonus over the other lines (or something like that) - i.e. left axe/dual wield/celtic dual.

D

Danya

Apparently LA style bonuses are calculated before the LA base damage reduction is applied anyway, so it's over more overpowered.

S

Solid

Originally posted by Danyan
Apparently LA style bonuses are calculated before the LA base damage reduction is applied anyway, so it's over more overpowered.

I am as confused as hell. Talking about the haste effect or something entirely different?

BTW Zerker Style damage is based on Mainhand Weaponspeed, considering they all use 4.0 o 4.2 speed weaps with low Qui, is it any surprise you get the big Style bonuses? Just like Celtic Spear or LW style bonuses.

Noone ever mentions how good the LW line is in comparison to its counterparts in other realms do they?

Why are zerkers victimised so bad? They are a damn fine clas good at bwhat they do which is deal damage.

Instead of asking for Zerkers to be nerfed perhaps join the fight to get Mercs and Blademasters improved, people asking for consta nerfs are the cause the game gets fucked up and Mythic eventually bow to the masses and end up doing it.

K

klavrynd

yay LA whines

for you that don't play it, la has been stealth nerfed in the last few patches and there's nobody that notices it

snowblind (admitted that it is the best overall taunt style) and aurora borealis (the uber sucky hard to pull off 50 style) have been given a fat nerf damagewise

whereas snowblind easily reached 250 earlier on it's hard to get 200 now and aurora used to resistant armour for ~350 as it now only hardly gets over the 270 range

but then again whine over qui debuffed trolls that icy you for 1xxx...

D

Danya

Originally posted by Solid
I am as confused as hell. Talking about the haste effect or something entirely different?
The damage reduction for base damage applied to LA and based on your spec (I believe 85% is the full-spec amount of scaling).

As for the whole big style bonuses thing. No it's not like LW, LA is actually out of balance.
See: http://home.nc.rr.com/obsidianguard/wyrd/Styles.htm
Observe the growth rates for LA vs other styles.

For instance:
Snowsquall 1.67
Doublefrost 1.46

Compaired to DW:
Shadow's Edge 0.64
Misty Gloom 0.44

Compaired to LW:
Annihilation 0.88
Domination 0.44

Left axe clearly has hugely inflated style bonuses from this, most of the are around double the best style of a similar type in any other line. Doublefrost alone gives much more style bonus than any style in the entire of Albion/Hibernia, including all the positionals/reactives.

You see big hits with LW because they are big, slow weapons. You see big hits with LA because you get twice as much style bonus as everyone else. If you actually look at thiese 600-700 LW hits most of the time the style bonus is a mere +200 or so. If you look at big LA hits you have style bonus of +500 and above.

The point is, you can get +700 or more style bonus on a level 50 target with left axe, given low enough quickness. There's no way given any combination of stats and spec you can get anything like that with any other weapon in daoc. And that is why it's out of balance.

O

old.Emma

im sure if you qui debuffed a alb or hib tank who had +0 qui on there armour they would hit pretty damn hard also. but then they would only hit once every 5-6 seconds.

D

Danya

Originally posted by klavrynd
exceptions don"t make the rule...
In this case they show a disparity. You don't see any tank without LA get a +500 style bonus on a yellow target, well, ever. Especially not with a one handed axe. Hell I've seen a screenie of a hero hitting for 7xx with anni and only getting like +250 style bonus. The damage was so high because it's a slow weapon, not because of the silly style bonuses.

V

VodkaFairy

LA also has the haste effect which doesn't decrease damage, compensating for low Qui. Hib/alb tanks cannot do this..

D

Danya

CD / DW have the haste effect tho it's less useful as the offhand doesn't always swing. Regardless, I'll be very surprised if a merc or BM could get +500 style bonus under any circumstance.

M

mid_Efour

so mids get 2 good things

zerkers and pac healers???

and yeah the entire population is made up of these 2 classes....

and k9 :) hehe at the sig

M

mid_Efour

i dont see how it encourages buffbots......

it just evens out stuff kobald>troll warrior was always bullshit.

it works for all realms..

im not rushing out to buy a 2nd account just because of this.

i dont think it will add more buffbots

infact its good it takes away the blandness of 300 stat caps which anyone can get with almost any charcter if they just rolled a norse xxxxxx

R

Roo Stercogburn

Originally posted by old.Emma
im sure if you qui debuffed a alb or hib tank who had +0 qui on there armour they would hit pretty damn hard also. but then they would only hit once every 5-6 seconds.

I'm intrigued. In Midgard, apart from Spirit Dimming (Darkness spec for SMs), are there any classes in Mid that can actually debuff Qui? Baseline Darkness only debuffs dexterity.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
I'm intrigued. In Midgard, apart from Spirit Dimming (Darkness spec for SMs), are there any classes in Mid that can actually debuff Qui? Baseline Darkness only debuffs dexterity.

dex/qui debuffs aren't the most common I think...

sorcs get it in albion...

eldritches and champs in hib...

D

Danya

Originally posted by k9awya
melee realm
In which case give the magical realm (hib) mages which do a lot more damage than other realm's casters. Hib is the only realm without a 219 DD pure caster. To be on a par with zerker vs other damage I think a 450 delve spec DD is about right.

B

Blue Ix

This happens about every time us mids fight hibs due to the extremely overpowered realm abillity.
You hit for 119 (-454) and so on.

Originally posted by SingerOfSoul
lol... hibernia is the magical realm yet there only seem to be 2 viable spec lines for our supposedly top caster, the eldritch i once saw a void bolt hit for more (-xxx) than the actual hit itself (when they do hit TBH)

Users who are viewing this thread