1.65G Patch Notes

T

thegreatest

Small patch, some little necro loving and a nerf to < 3fg dragon raids...

Happy Monday, everyone. BTW, if these notes seem short, it's because we're also cranking out notes on Trials of Atlantis, and the patch notes you see are the tip of the iceberg.

===================================

Dark Age of Camelot

1.65g Version Release Notes

September 29, 2003

===================================

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- There is now a graphical timer that shows how long your character has before autoreleasing after death.

- Players using a focus shield should now get aggro properly distributed between the caster and the pet. (Note that this Pendragon only change was fixed in 1.65f but not noted)

- All old world dragons have become more resistant to attacks from extremely small raiding parties (less than 3 groups). This does not affect the way the dragons will fight at all, it only changes the amount of people that need to fight the dragons to kill them effectively.

- Crafters can no longer gain skill from low-skill ("grey") items when using magic items that increase the chance of gaining skill. (Pendragon only fix)

- Magic items with +HPs worn by necromancers now correctly transfer the additional hits to their pets when summoning. (Note that this change was fixed earlier in 1.65 but not noted)

- Items with +CON/+DEX/+QUI/+Hit benefits transferred to necromancer pets now use the necromancer's level for the purpose of determining level-based caps.

SHROUDED ISLES WORLD NOTES

Albion Monsters

- The final Apocalypse encounter in Caer Sidi has had its difficulty level tweaked slightly downward to match the other epic dungeon final encounters.

- Dales of Devwy - A bloodied adventurer named Syhtric has stumbled into Fort Gwyntell with a dark tale to tell. He was the leader of a band of profiteering mercenaries that disappeared in the Dales days ago. His wounds are severe and he may not live long, it would be wise of anyone traveling through the Dales to hear him out and heed his warnings.

Quests

- Rumors have run rampant throughout the realms of strange visions of a far away place filled with incredible creatures and amazing treasure. Many young adventurers have heard these rumors and decided to find out the truth for themselves. Some are seeking help in order to begin their journey or to assist one who has already made his way there. Will you assist them with their journey into the unknown?

Albion adventurers should visit Gothwaite Harbor and talk to Squire Wellings.
Midgard explorers should visit Aegir's Landing and offer assistance to Kauko.
Hibernian players should meet with Ailionora Para in the Grove of Domnann.

O

old.Ramas

- Players using a focus shield should now get aggro properly distributed between the caster and the pet. (Note that this Pendragon only change was fixed in 1.65f but not noted)

On live it is all pet damage (so pet gets 100% aggro, caster got 50% aggro)

Presumably it was less than that on Pendragon, (which matches reports of aggro switching from pet to caster), something like 50% pet (which would mean pet gets 50%, caster gets 50+25% = 75%).

There is clearly no need to comment on whether this change woudl have been a good idea.

- The final Apocalypse encounter in Caer Sidi has had its difficulty level tweaked slightly downward to match the other epic dungeon final encounters.

Damn the hibs are gonna be pissed.

Yay more SI xp quests (presumably ToA themed).

T

thegreatest

I think that the focus shield fix is actually a fix to the situation where the caster immediately would get aggro once he/she was near the mobs who he/she had focus pulled. So previously the aggro was maybe distributed 60% caster 40% pet, now its 50% caster 50% pet?

O

old.Ramas

Yeah, I edited my post beacuse it was written wrong - my understanding is that as of 'G', pendragon = live (for shield agro at least)

On pendragon after the epic mob vs focus shield nerf, cabbie etc found that after 2 hits or so the mob would *always* go for the caster. Which was bad. Obviously.

S

Sharma

- All old world dragons have become more resistant to attacks from extremely small raiding parties (less than 3 groups). This does not affect the way the dragons will fight at all, it only changes the amount of people that need to fight the dragons to kill them effectively.

So obvious this was going to happen.

R

Roo Stercogburn

Old world dragons?

... there are new ones?

E

Eltharion

- Crafters can no longer gain skill from low-skill ("grey") items when using magic items that increase the chance of gaining skill. (Pendragon only fix)

there have been added items that increases your chance to gain skills while crafting? o_O

O

old.Ramas

Yes, although the mid one is more of a worm-thing-that-looks-a-bit-more-like-those-things-out-of-dune-than-a-dragon iirc.

C

cHodAX

More Necro love :clap: Now just fix milegates so pets don't run off and vanish at random.

L

lairiodd

Originally posted by Eltharion
there have been added items that increases your chance to gain skills while crafting? o_O

Yes they put in a quest that give a magic crafting tool that adds 5% to the chance of you getting a skill up. It has 10 charges, so you can only use it 10 times. The problem was that it worked on greys. Chance to skill up became 0% ( normal ) + 5% ( bonus ). It meant people could skill up past the skilling cap and also get skill ups by making level 1 items. Quest took 40 mins - 1 hr so it probably wouldnt save time anyway.

D

Driwen

heard talk where people managed to get 10 skillpoints one bronze stuff while being legendary, so i guess it is worth your time then? ;)

Except that its fixed ofcourse:).

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.Ramas
Damn the hibs are gonna be pissed.

The hib final encounter is easier to pull off than the alb one at the moment - more tactics/organisation needed but apoc needs a silly zerg, no tactics work ;) just zerg the git.

H

Hargh

Albion Monsters

- The final Apocalypse encounter in Caer Sidi has had its difficulty level tweaked slightly downward to match the other epic dungeon final encounters

read: albs need more help, again.

:D

O

old.Maronan

Most of those patch notes are Albion love.
I wonder when the other realms gets their attention. :)

A

Archeon

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
no tactics work ;) just zerg the git.

No Comment :rolleyes:

Note: Yes, i'm fully aware other realms zerg so before you all say it i'l go fuck off and throw myself infront of the nearest car. ;)

T

torcuil

Originally posted by old.Maronan
Most of those patch notes are Albion love.
I wonder when the other realms gets their attention. :)

Agreed.

Like, say, some -colours- in Midgard.

I wonder if anyone in Mythic has ever been in any of the Nordic countries. Americans sure like going ooh and aah over the magnificent scenery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom