1.62m o_0

S

StormriderX

As always, stay on the topic of what exists within these notes. Thanks very much in advance!

=====================================

Dark Age of Camelot

Test Version 1.62m Release Notes

Thursday, May 29, 2003

=====================================

PET CONTROL NOTE

We've changed the way that the different "modes" (passive, aggressive) work when controlling pets. Now, pets in aggressive mode will automatically attack non friendly targets (before that target performs any aggressive actions), so long as they are within the pet's aggressive range and the pet isn't currently engaged in another action.

In order to still allow the previous "aggressive behavior", where a pet in aggressive mode would not take any action on a target attacking the controller until the controller told it to, we have also changed the way that Passive mode works. Pets in Passive mode will now set their target, attack, and change to defensive mode when the "attack" button on the Pet Control Window is pressed.

CAMELOT CLASSIC WORLD NOTES

Realm v. Realm:

- The Master Eldritches of Hibernia defend their border keeps more aggressively than ever before. Fellow Hibernians should no longer fear being killed while near their border keeps.

- You will no longer get experience for killing The Master Summoner of the Dead (the Hibernian Corpse Summoner)

Dungeon Notes

- The Naburite Drinkers in Darkness Falls that were set to uncharmable have been fixed.

SHROUDED ISLES WORLD NOTES

- We have removed the wait time for the portal from the expansion areas to the realm portal keeps after another player begins to teleport back. Players can now teleport back to the portal keeps at any time without waiting for the portal ceremony to finish.

Midgard Quests

- Mammoth Hunt: We have slightly toned down the difficulty of step 5, which requires players to clear a Morvalt camp.

N

Nonnier

Originally posted by StormriderX

Midgard Quests

- Mammoth Hunt: We have slightly toned down the difficulty of step 5, which requires players to clear a Morvalt camp.

best change ever!

T

Tobold

"Pets in Passive mode will now set their target, attack, and change to defensive mode when the "attack" button on the Pet Control Window is pressed. "

what, the fuck?

A

Archeon

Originally posted by Tobold
"Pets in Passive mode will now set their target, attack, and change to defensive mode when the "attack" button on the Pet Control Window is pressed. "

what, the fuck?

it means that if you set your pet to passive and forget to switch it back when you pull your pet will no longer stand like a ninny while you get the shit kicked out of you.

A

Apathy

Do you ever get the feeling that all the staff at Mythic are off ill with SARS and the cleaning lady is doing all the new patches?

New for 1.62kfv - streak-free window cleaner for the glass houses players live in and feather duster/apron combo sets for SM pets.

a.

C

Cybwyn

1.62N

We decided we didn't like any of the changes in 1.62 so ditched the lot of them.

T

thorungla

Originally posted by Archeon
it means that if you set your pet to passive and forget to switch it back when you pull your pet will no longer stand like a ninny while you get the shit kicked out of you.
Not quite right. But it is late. It means when your pets are on passive you will be able to command them to attack and they will do so, they will not automatically defend you but can be commanded to using one click for attack instead of two. Currently with pets on passive you must click them onto aggressive/defensive and then command them to attack.

Basically it will make it easier for midgards pet classes, that are usually on passive due to not having ranged attacks and getting eaten alive in rvr if they set to defensive, to command the pets to attack stealthers they spot. Currently we have to perform 2 commands and so personally I feel a lot of stealthers I spot escape me because they are gone before I can target them, set my pet to aggresive/defensive, and then command it to attack (ok I'm clearly lacking in the coordination department). Hooray for Midgard love, it might help us in a small way to combat the enemy stealthers once all our SB's realise they can no longer fight the hordes of Infils and Nightshades after the unintentional nerf created by Mythics balancing of Zerkers :p

E

elveniel

naburite drinkers, set on agressive then, they can pick out enemy stealthers?

O

old.job

This is something I've oft wondered.

If my pet(who can see stealth) is on agressive, why doesn't he attack those dirty stealthers that sneak up on me?

Of course that ability would really be a sort of see hidden for chanters, but let's face it, they need all the loving they can get, what a twat of a char to lvl;)

S

Sharma

i think when we see that 1.63 number satans gonna rise from the bowells of hell :eek:

O

old.linnet

Which naburite drinkers were uncharmable? I am sure I have charmed one before now ... they have a nice lifetap.

R

rynnor

Originally posted by thorungla

Basically it will make it easier for midgards pet classes, that are usually on passive due to not having ranged attacks and getting eaten alive in rvr if they set to defensive, to command the pets to attack stealthers they spot. :p

Yes, although when you get 1.62 I personally will be keeping the pet by my side to benefit from intercepts that come in that patch - nice bit of midgard loving so its not a completely nerf mid patch...

R

Roo Stercogburn

Originally posted by StormriderX
PET CONTROL NOTE

We've changed the way that the different "modes" (passive, aggressive) work when controlling pets. Now, pets in aggressive mode will automatically attack non friendly targets (before that target performs any aggressive actions), so long as they are within the pet's aggressive range and the pet isn't currently engaged in another action.

In order to still allow the previous "aggressive behavior", where a pet in aggressive mode would not take any action on a target attacking the controller until the controller told it to, we have also changed the way that Passive mode works. Pets in Passive mode will now set their target, attack, and change to defensive mode when the "attack" button on the Pet Control Window is pressed.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Just trust me on this, this is one of the most welcome changes ever for pet classes.

E

Elvewen

Hurrar.. an Agressive mode that errrmmm.. make the pet agressive.

I still aint worked out what it does at the moment (for Sorc pets), except make your pet spin on the spot.

And the passive attack is great.. the amount of times in Av City my pet had the "Red Mist" :flame: and decided it would have a go at every mob we were fighting, breaking mezzes and generaly acting like a tank. So I'd put it on passive then get my ass kicked when the mez failed and my pet just looked on with a slight gigle as I bit paving slab.

V

Validus

maybe their goal is the big Z. so they keep on making pointless patches

1.62n

increased armsman strength capacity by 1 point.

1.62o

decreased armsman strength capacity by 1 point.

1.62p

we felt like doing nothing this time, so we didn't.

1.62q

loading screen now shows 1.62q instead of 1.62p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom