389 Strength, 2071 Weaponskill.

333 Constitution, 2450 HP's.

not enough loving for you?

G

Glacier

Originally posted by Mythic
Patch notes:
Items
- Bards Song now has dexterity instead of empathy.

Erm.... and where does the charisma come in handy :s? and this automaticly makes firbolg bards = gimp's?

its late.. im tired... plz correct me if im wrong on this..

A

Archeon

- The Beaded Resisting Stones are now flagged NO TRADE because everyone now has the chance to get the Necklace for themselves.

Umm... ok, everyone has a chance of getting... say a shrunken ribcage from a WoW, should that be switched to no-trade?

I guess that everyone can get the necklace is cool and all but... well never mind, i'm sure it'l work out.

O

old.Niljindil

Originally posted by Archeon
Umm... ok, everyone has a chance of getting... say a shrunken ribcage from a WoW, should that be switched to no-trade?

I guess that everyone can get the necklace is cool and all but... well never mind, i'm sure it'l work out.

WoWs arent quests, its just to insure you arent running around with those necklaces in the BGs and stuff....

E

Eliz

Originally posted by Mythic
- Some Bards were able to chain-cast their spells in the Minor Lullaby line, bypassing the 5 second recast timer. This has been fixed.

Finally.

A

Archeon

Originally posted by old.Niljindil
WoWs arent quests, its just to insure you arent running around with those necklaces in the BGs and stuff....

Good point, i never considered the BGs... still that would be cool, a beaded resist necky would just about cap 4 resists on a toon :)

R

Ragnarok1978

Only took em from 1.57 to 1.61 to add blood SI class weapons to old.Midgard.

The times I've been spammed with "where do I buy HtH weapons matey?", I swear, a copper each and I could afford a MP chain suit now (Not that I need a MP chain suit, but...).

Still no Mid/Hib love, must mean they are considoring their changes alot before implementing them, or perhaps they just lied to us, time will tell.

Not impressed byt the patch tho, mainly maintainance and corrections of their own bugs, nothing really stands out other than cap changes, which seem half as decent as what could be expected, oh well, can't have everything :)

K

klavrynd

i'm cancelling my account the moment it hits europe

overcapping is just a silly ploy to encourage buffbots

S

SoulFly Amarok

Originally posted by klavrynd
i'm cancelling my account the moment it hits europe

overcapping is just a silly ploy to encourage buffbots

My account runs out on 4th of this month, not renewing \o\

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by decline
What happened to Midgard/Hibernia lovin'? :(

patches 1.51->1.54 ;)

(yeah I know there are still classes/speclines that are buggered - but you don't actually think the Albion loving fixed everything in Albion too do you?)

D

darbey

Bit of a piss poor update if you ask me. I may be an alb but where is the class tweaking for the other 2 realms?

S

scarffs

Sorry, but why does hib need love ?
They are the most overpowered realm as it is, even with alb love.
Blademasters and hib archery ( all archery) need a boost, but if Hib gets even more love we can just sit when we see hibs.
Hib love, you must be kidding...

D

darbey

Have you actually played hib ? Overpowered not.

A

acei

I love the Cleric changes :p

Increased stun range, decreased cast time
Heal buff proc
Melee self only buff (don't quite get this one as clerics aren't too good at fighting, but suppose it will help)

Only thing i don't like the sound of is the fact that the heal buff proc will greatly encourage buff bots to be used....

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Glacier
Erm.... and where does the charisma come in handy :s? and this automaticly makes firbolg bards = gimp's?

its late.. im tired... plz correct me if im wrong on this..

It's an item that had +emp, and now has +dex

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by scarffs
Blademasters and hib archery ( all archery) need a boost, but if Hib gets even more love we can just sit when we see hibs.

They could really do with giving void mages some love, and reparing the other spec lines (Enchantments for chanters, and Mentalism for ments). Or do you enjoy the endless flood of pbaoe chanters?

S

Solid

Hehe Klav/Soulfly my account runs out 9th April, seems DAoC EU gonna lose a LOT of old skool players well before they get patched to 1.60 :D

Yup DAoC is dying the nasty slow death :D Roll on new games (cant come fast enuff, Blizzard have NO IDEA how big a hole there is for a good fanatsy genre mmo atm, they really could CLEAN UP if they can release WoW inside a couple months)

K

Kallio

One thing they could(also) fix is the summon line in midgard...

[Guild] Kallio:"Amaterasu? What does summon line give?
[Guild] Amaterasu: "Errr... Pet buffs and... More Pet buffs?"

it´s not "ONLY" pet buffs though... there is a rezz at lev 23(wupii!) and the pet damage shield, but it still is a bit gimped compared to Chanter mana line that gives the shield and Pbaoe.

R

Roo Stercogburn

1.60 is posssibly the death of Roo too, only waiting to see if the stacked nerfs against darkmasters over the last 6 months (which includes pac healers as of 1.60) are redressed in later patches and so far the signs aren't good.

If not, the last gasp chance for me which was the bugged to buggery bonedancers won't keep me playing either. SM > Bonedancer for me, always. Creating a class with a particular spec which is elegant and has a lot of style to it, then rendering it ineffective in RvR might only piss off a small percentage of the gaming population, but I'm part of that small percentage.

I'm afraid the Russian roulette approach to nerfing/boosting character classes is becoming very wearing indeed.

G

Glacier

- Some Mage cloth helms were incorrectly using the plate helm graphic. This has been fixed.

LOL anyone got screenies of this?

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Kallio
One thing they could(also) fix is the summon line in midgard...

[Guild] Kallio:"Amaterasu? What does summon line give?
[Guild] Amaterasu: "Errr... Pet buffs and... More Pet buffs?"

it´s not "ONLY" pet buffs though... there is a rezz at lev 23(wupii!) and the pet damage shield, but it still is a bit gimped compared to Chanter mana line that gives the shield and Pbaoe.

compare the similar lines ;)

the chanter equivalent gets... pet buffs... pet buffs... and a damage add!
rar!

(the cabalist spirit line is equally gimped)

S

StormriderX

Originally posted by scarffs

:ROFLMAO:

this coming from a mid:
home of insta ae stun/ae mezz/single stun/single mezz
home of left axe
home of end regen that cannot be interupted in anyway at all - hell the shammy doesnt even need to be in your group

yeah hibs are the most over powered realm :rolleyes: :great:

P

Pixie.Pebr

=====================================

Dark Age of Camelot

Version 1.61 Release Notes

Tuesday, April 1, 2003

=====================================

Note post date.
Read again.
Be sceptical to everything said.

A

Archeon

Originally posted by StormriderX
:ROFLMAO:

this coming from a mid:
home of insta ae stun/ae mezz/single stun/single mezz
home of left axe
home of end regen that cannot be interupted in anyway at all - hell the shammy doesnt even need to be in your group

yeah hibs are the most over powered realm :rolleyes: :great:

Oh no, the dreaded left axe... wait.... can't only zerkas and SB's spec in it?... oh and can they use anything higher than studded and leather respectivly.... oh and while were at it arn't they from the realm pre-defined as the melee realm which would i assume mean they have some kind of an advantage when it comes to melee combat?

Ok, AE stun fair enough we have it you don't but then our casters don't have a 9 seconds baseline stun... you know casters right? their the dudes that can let out really high levels of damage? as apose to healers who can... urmmm.. well they can AE stun again after it wears off.... no wait.... immunity timer right?... urmm.... well they can heal! yeah, heal

Ok, you've got me on the interuptable end buff. Mythic probably should change it too a group chant so it can be interupted... it would also discourage (slightly) the use of buffbots and increase the demand for active shamans.

Damn, i sure how Mythic read the BW forums. Some great ideas come up from time to time...

S

SingerOfSoul

lol... hibernia is the magical realm yet there only seem to be 2 viable spec lines for our supposedly top caster, the eldritch i once saw a void bolt hit for more (-xxx) than the actual hit itself (when they do hit TBH)

K

kzanderf

Originally posted by StormriderX

Probably to make up for the year we had to wait for it? ;p

The other stuff you said have already been answered, so only taking on this one.

D

Danya

Originally posted by Archeon
Oh no, the dreaded left axe... wait.... can't only zerkas and SB's spec in it?... oh and can they use anything higher than studded and leather respectivly.... oh and while were at it arn't they from the realm pre-defined as the melee realm which would i assume mean they have some kind of an advantage when it comes to melee combat?

Ok, AE stun fair enough we have it you don't but then our casters don't have a 9 seconds baseline stun... you know casters right? their the dudes that can let out really high levels of damage? as apose to healers who can... urmmm.. well they can AE stun again after it wears off.... no wait.... immunity timer right?... urmm.... well they can heal! yeah, heal

Ok, you've got me on the interuptable end buff. Mythic probably should change it too a group chant so it can be interupted... it would also discourage (slightly) the use of buffbots and increase the demand for active shamans.

Damn, i sure how Mythic read the BW forums. Some great ideas come up from time to time...
LA is grossly out of balance with all other weapon style lines in DAoC, there's numeric evidence for this. I'm not sure how "the melee realm" justifies a line with an anytime with 3.3 times more damage for similar endurance as the dual wield anytime.

Casters aren't the uber damage dealers. That's melees. You know the one's that if you hit them can still beat stuff to death. Unlike mages who suffer massive interrupt penalties and wear the least armour / have the least HPs. Zerkers routinely hit me for 500+ damage on my mentalist. I'm lucky to top 300 nuking them, I've seen nuked for 164 (-200) before (non-ressick). Mages aren't that good in practice.

kzanderf, then what about albion, who have interruptable endurance chant and had to wait just as long as midgard for it?

Users who are viewing this thread