Zerg more! 1.66J

G

Gordonax

Originally posted by schinkaar
Ah, but that implies that your definition of zerging is correct and not mine. You define a zerg as a 4:1 ratio or whatever i define it as more than 1 FG. With your uber brain this should be quite obvious.

I understand exactly what you meant by it, but you obviously have a rather limited gaming experience if that's what you think it means. The term "zerg" comes from Starcraft. The Zerg are a race that uses massive numerical superiority (lots of small, relatively easily killable units) to accomplish their goals. The Zerg can't win against even numbers, depending instead on outnumbering the opposition, which I think means my definition is actually correct.

You really did hit the head on the needle when u said u was a n00b at 1 FG tho, its not easy to admit you suck and for that you deserve an eloge.

You conflate "n00b" with "suck". I never said I sucked. In fact, I don't: I'm not brilliant in 1fg, but I don't suck either. Quite what an "eloge" is, I don't know. Elegie?

N

Nugusta

Originally posted by Gordonax
Agreed. When will people learn that 4fg vs 4fg isn't zerging? Zerging is 1fg vs 4fg.

Just because more people equals less RPs doesn't mean it's less fun: unless, of course, all you care about is being the person with the most RPs...

ALB!!!

N

Nugusta

I understand exactly what you meant by it, but you obviously have a rather limited gaming experience if that's what you think it means. The term "zerg" comes from Starcraft. The Zerg are a race that uses massive numerical superiority (lots of small, relatively easily killable units) to accomplish their goals. The Zerg can't win against even numbers, depending instead on outnumbering the opposition, which I think means my definition is actually correct.

You conflate "n00b" with "suck". I never said I sucked. In fact, I don't: I'm not brilliant in 1fg, but I don't suck either. Quite what an "eloge" is, I don't know. Elegie?

Albs are easy to kill?

thats why they were given plate? :p
and bof :p
from what you say albs also cant kill anyone 1:1?

S

schinkaar

This was quite funny, you manage to actually be wrong in both your theory and example (if ur just joking i must say, ur good :) ).
First i whould say that many words does not have the same definition as when they where introduced ( for instance gay or geomety), secondly the context in witch they are used might change the words definition (for instance homgenity). This is enuff to atleast question the value of your statement, if not disregard it completly. Then comes your example, im not a good starcraft player, but im quite sure 2 mutalisks whould beat 10 siege tanks, or 10 ultralisks whould beat 10 marines. And what you totally neglect to mention is that a good microer could beat a bad one even if he was outgunned and outnumbered.

Yo

u conflate "n00b" with "suck". I never said I sucked. In fact, I don't: I'm not brilliant in 1fg, but I don't suck either. Quite what an "eloge" is, I don't know. Elegie? [/B]

Just consider it a compliment, english isnt my mother tounge and im not fluent in it. And since "suck" really is relative to a subjective scale, in this case my own, you can consider yourself "good" and i can still say you "suck". Again this is obvious to most people, so you being superior in using your brain, shouldnt find this hard to understand.

C

censi

thats is fooking hilarious....

In the name of god if mythic cannot see how RVR becomes meaningless when its a battle of numbers rather than a battle of classes, Realm abilities, and Skill... then they need to have their heads examined...

RVR needed a massive push towards promoting FG rvr and Balanced number encouters. This just encourages people to join the zerg and go steam roll...

Im still thinking this is a joke or summin... Its such a quick, lash togther job... Its has required very minimal coding to implement... This change is worthless in terms of the effort they have put into it, or the thought thats gone into it.. its gonna cause even more problems, and make the game duller.

its disgraceful.

A

Asha

Originally posted by censi
RVR needed a massive push towards promoting FG rvr and Balanced number encouters. This just encourages people to join the zerg and go steam roll...

Agree totally, but still say it doesn’t say a word about rvr or RPs… so I am thinking this is something to make huge PvE raids easier, which isn’t a bad thing. Hopefully it won’t have anymore impact in RvR than a cg.

The thing is … yes a huge fight is fun sometimes… but not prolonged. Its very boring for the most part, especially for a support class. Also like someone said, when you start running in 4fg++ you’re mostly NOT going to find enemies running in those sorts of numbers so you’re going to just steam roll FGs.

What is fun is to have say 2 fg each hibs mids and albs all meet by chance and you start to notice one side getting weak so you stop attacking them and hit the mids (haha little whine there). That kind of fight is very rare though :( Would like to see something that would encourage that more :)

O

old.Nol

Don't you think you might be counting the chickens etc? I think the RVR patch is going to correct a lot of fg and even solo'ers issues, but some of us truly enjoy the epic scale battles, I am truly looking forward to the changes.

Not everybody plays the game for fg vs, some of us do play for the massive scale warfare...

E

exe

Originally posted by censi
thats is fooking hilarious....

In the name of god if mythic cannot see how RVR becomes meaningless when its a battle of numbers rather than a battle of classes, Realm abilities, and Skill... then they need to have their heads examined...

Im still thinking this is a joke or summin... Its such a quick, lash togther job... Its has required very minimal coding to implement... This change is worthless in terms of the effort they have put into it, or the thought thats gone into it.. its gonna cause even more problems, and make the game duller.

its disgraceful.
Couldnt agree more:(

A

Asha

Originally posted by old.Nol
Don't you think you might be counting the chickens etc? I think the RVR patch is going to correct a lot of fg and even solo'ers issues

such an optimistic littul bard ! You just keep believeing when patch after patch comes with no fixes for bards ^^
I am a pessimist I guess :p

yeah yeah I know some ppl think it's fun to run in a group of 200 at 10 fpm and "acheive" something together, but I have my opinion too :) And it's that I'd rather see more things geared towards really working as a group instead of mindless zerging... but don't worry nol it seems mythic is with ya on this one.

O

old.Nol

I know I'm getting a snare...I just know it ;) besides, hang onto a class long enough you're sure to get some loving :D

G

Gordonax

Originally posted by old.Nol
Don't you think you might be counting the chickens etc? I think the RVR patch is going to correct a lot of fg and even solo'ers issues, but some of us truly enjoy the epic scale battles, I am truly looking forward to the changes.

Not everybody plays the game for fg vs, some of us do play for the massive scale warfare...

True, true. When's the RvR expansion due?

H

<Harle>

lol @ all the people bitching before they even have proper info.

As it looks atm a Battlegroup=chatgroup for its impact on RvR, the only thing it does is award QUEST-steps to everyone in the bg ( no more killing Abosmos 4 times on a raid for example) and gives you now the ability to have all loot given to a certain person ( no more waiting around for loot handover in galla).

A

angrysquirrel

it doesnt mention anything with rvr and it specifically mentions pve encounters, thats pretty clear

to solve the zerg prob - give rvr zones suitable for zerging !!! like a bg for lvl 50 :)

R

-RG-Jaond

Some alb love yeye now you can stop cry, now you got your love ;)

G

Gordonax

Originally posted by schinkaar
Just consider it a compliment, english isnt my mother tounge and im not fluent in it. And since "suck" really is relative to a subjective scale, in this case my own, you can consider yourself "good" and i can still say you "suck". Again this is obvious to most people, so you being superior in using your brain, shouldnt find this hard to understand.

Heh heh I like you, you funneh :D

Users who are viewing this thread