Zerg more! 1.66J

M

mandom

does that mean i can join a bg go stealth and hide somewhere while i watch tv and still get rp´s ? :)

P

Pandemic

could be quite an interesting shift in guild numbers - those guilds that can run say 3 or 4fg or more together could earn some pretty good rp.

guess the new leet thing to say is 'we only run in 3 fg or more' rather than 'we only run in 1 fg'

i shudder to think at how much rp the albs will earn with outlaws / zoysters 15 fg running together

A

Asha

edit:

it doesn't actually say anything about rvr

it's just for large pve stuff like sidi and tg?

I hope so...

But then again I was hoping there wasn't anything like sidi in toa... I hate that kinda of thing. I prefer "encounters" where you only need at most 3 or 4 groups...

It would prevent things like what happened last weekend for the ogres might quest happening (about 1/3 ppl didn't get to finish the quest)...

T

Trubble

Originally posted by Pandemic
could be quite an interesting shift in guild numbers - those guilds that can run say 3 or 4fg or more together could earn some pretty good rp.

guess the new leet thing to say is 'we only run in 3 fg or more' rather than 'we only run in 1 fg'

i shudder to think at how much rp the albs will earn with outlaws / zoysters 15 fg running together

Why should the total number of RPs be increased by this? I fail to see that. Battlegroup can at most provide more sharing amongst the groups intead of one group hogging on all the rps.

L

loxleyhood

Since it says experience is handed out to your immediate group I would imagine RP behaves the same.

S

Sohan_THC

CewL :clap:

I love big battle's

Not steamroll over 1 fg group with 4 fg , but massive battle's
like we seen b4 with hibs and mids turning up with 4 fg
against eachother. or the massive battle's we had with relic taking / defending remember those battle's it was phun.

so bring it on 200 vs 200 battle :clap:

(i bet that dual xeon server is going to explode anyway)

A

arrakeen

I think it sounds like its a PvE thing not a thing to be used in RvR to share Rp's from what info says it so that if you are making a Dragon raid all who are in the battlegroup gets loot.

i dont think its ment to RvR since they dont mention a thing about that, will probaly just work like a chat group unless you run over a aggro cliffbettle, so the drop will be shared to all in /bg :p

K

Kallio

Originally posted by arrakeen
I think it sounds like its a PvE thing not a thing to be used in RvR to share Rp's from what info says it so that if you are making a Dragon raid all who are in the battlegroup gets loot.

i dont think its ment to RvR since they dont mention a thing about that, will probaly just work like a chat group unless you run over a aggro cliffbettle, so the drop will be shared to all in /bg :p

I doubt that, prolly rps are being shared :(

G

Gordonax

Originally posted by Sohan_THC
CewL :clap:

I love big battle's

Not steamroll over 1 fg group with 4 fg , but massive battle's
like we seen b4 with hibs and mids turning up with 4 fg
against eachother. or the massive battle's we had with relic taking / defending remember those battle's it was phun.

so bring it on 200 vs 200 battle :clap:

Agreed. When will people learn that 4fg vs 4fg isn't zerging? Zerging is 1fg vs 4fg.

Just because more people equals less RPs doesn't mean it's less fun: unless, of course, all you care about is being the person with the most RPs...

G

Gordonax

Originally posted by arrakeen

It is very much meant for RvR: there's quite a bit about this in some of the other threads about Mackey's comments on the visit some IGN people had to Mythic.

This is a game of mass battles, not just small-team combat. There's a place for 1fg vs 1fg, but it isn't the only way to enjoy RvR.

A

Ahqmae

Ack how crappy ;p

Oh well at least it'll mean there will be lots of afk warders hoping to pharm away while sleeping ^^

And i sure as hell hope it divides rp so every1 gets 2-3 rp for each kill in stead of increasing it to 200ish rp for every1 in the battlegroup, as it would fucking KILL the game for every1 who doesnt enjoy zerging :(

L

living

if it wasent cuz the lag i would dare to say 10fg vs 10fg can be more fun than 1fg vs 1fg :> Longer frights and it isent just about who gets off the first mess :)

A

Arkian

Originally posted by Ahqmae
Ack how crappy ;p

Oh well at least it'll mean there will be lots of afk warders hoping to pharm away while sleeping ^^

And i sure as hell hope it divides rp so every1 gets 2-3 rp for each kill in stead of increasing it to 200ish rp for every1 in the battlegroup, as it would fucking KILL the game for every1 who doesnt enjoy zerging :(

What so a 5FG vs 5FG battle should net at most 80-120 rps per player? I would hope the system doesn't penalise ~even number large scale battles, as the game designers seem to intend this as the norm.

I personally feel that an alternative to the 1337 perfect single FG setup is a welcome thing, chances to include varied classes etc into the battle group.

If you are so keen on single team vs single team combat and having the most 'frags' then go play a game thats designed for that.

M

mehuge

Originally posted by Pandemic
guess the new leet thing to say is 'we only run in 3 fg or more' rather than 'we only run in 1 fg'B]
/cheers. It's the way its meant to be played, so its good that the game is actually going to provide the mechanics to encourage it to be played that way.

Accepted, its a pitty the client and the net code cant really handle the larger 100+ battles, it does nead a high spec PC to cope with the large battles and even then its very laggy.

A

Ahqmae

Well having a huge zerg of 150 rr8-9 gimps isn't my idea of a good time. Because that's what it'll be.

Not 5fg vs 5fg which can be fun- but merely 150 rr8-9 albs zerging your 40 mids or hibs. Of course, sometimes it's the other way around.

A

Arnor

equal numbered fights are hella-fun, just too bad they rarely happen, and steamrolling sucks rancid donkeyballs :(

F

Flimgoblin

battlegroups do sod all at the moment other than group you together for big ToA quests...

S

Stormm

battlegroups behave just like chatgroups, with the added ability for the developers to set certain encounters to give credit to all the members of a battlegroup (instead of a single player or the group that gets the kill).

certain encounters - not all, and not rvr

O

old.Sko

maybe not zerg but _reid_ more ?
will certanly help with large pve and rvr reids, dont know how it promotes zerging - only new feature - ability to list who's grouped/or not .

S

schinkaar

Originally posted by Gordonax
Agreed. When will people learn that 4fg vs 4fg isn't zerging? Zerging is 1fg vs 4fg.

Just because more people equals less RPs doesn't mean it's less fun: unless, of course, all you care about is being the person with the most RPs...

Lol.

Surely you dont believe the difference betwean zerging and running 1 Fg is only RP/h :D? Thank god you can still password those battlegroups so ppl dont have to group with n00bs like you :).

G

Gordonax

Originally posted by schinkaar
Lol.

Surely you dont believe the difference betwean zerging and running 1 Fg is only RP/h :D? Thank god you can still password those battlegroups so ppl dont have to group with n00bs like you :).

Whatever. You play the way you enjoy - fine. I'll play the way I enjoy. And again, you don't understand the difference between running in large groups and zerging.

Which proves that I may well be a n00b compared to you at 1fg play, but you're a n00b when it comes to using your brain. So don't give me any of your elitist crap, ok?

S

sigh

I wonder if it will make a difference to power level'n, if the people in the battle group get as much aggro?

O

old.Nol

sweet, something to do besides running around emain and then coming to BW to bitch because someone outnumbered you before you did them etc...

S

schinkaar

Originally posted by Gordonax
Whatever. You play the way you enjoy - fine. I'll play the way I enjoy. And again, you don't understand the difference between running in large groups and zerging.

Which proves that I may well be a n00b compared to you at 1fg play, but you're a n00b when it comes to using your brain. So don't give me any of your elitist crap, ok?

Ah, but that implies that your definition of zerging is correct and not mine. You define a zerg as a 4:1 ratio or whatever i define it as more than 1 FG. With your uber brain this should be quite obvious. You really did hit the head on the needle when u said u was a n00b at 1 FG tho, its not easy to admit you suck and for that you deserve an eloge. What does puzzle me tho is how can you make any conclusion on brain usage based on 1 forum post?

In my l337 experience the people that jump the conclusions are the ones less inclined to actually use their brain. Now dont get me wrong, i really enjoy reading your posts so keep up the good work. Or as you whould put it "give me more of this n00b crap, ok?".

Users who are viewing this thread