To Zerg or not to Zerg

M

mehuge

http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=58249949&page=2

Faeyr asked about the desire for 8v8 fights. Apparently the character of RvR on various servers changes from server to server. Some are highly zergy, others are far less so. "The goal of DAoC is to be an army on army game. That doesn't mean it's always 100 on 100. But we do want it to be multi-groups vs multi-groups.
Its *almost* official :lol:

Zerg v Zerg IS the way the game is meant to be played.

But I knew that anyway.

Soz is this is old news ^^ :)

O

Ozands

maybe its meant to be zerg vs zerg but mostly its zerg vs fg or solo ppl :)

M

mehuge

Only cos ppl insist in running a single groups when they know there is likely to be a zerg about (emain). Doh!

F

Forau

ofc it's meant for zergs, cant have a game that actually rewards teamplay and individual skill since 98% of players don't have either. 98% unsatisfied customers doesn't sound too good

M

mehuge

It just rewards team play that involves a team of more than 8 ;)

> 8 does not mean < skill necessarily as you seem to imply.

L

Lumikki

Originally posted by Ozands
maybe its meant to be zerg vs zerg but mostly its zerg vs fg or solo ppl :)

Exactly :( Big fights are fun but not fun at all being run over by 5fgs!

xx

I

infozwerg

i fall asleep during zergs so

[x] vote no zerg

i cant play when i sleep, im afraid id snore and annoy my m8s on teamspeak oO

B

boni_ofdavoid

The structure of this game suggest to me that it is intended as a realm versus realm game. Relics / keeptakes are really the centre of the game, but the game doesnt promote much reward for their taking or capture.

Much of the problem is due to the way rps are awarded and the rp curve. Once you reach rr5 you cant really improve at any rate unless you do go for fg vs fg fight, which makes the older and higher rr players very keen to promote an anti zerg atmosphere, and not that bothered about taking keeps.

If this game was intended as an 8v8 game then you would all port to an arena somewhere and fight without interuption (i.e. CS/ quake etc).

I would like mythic to address this by giving much larger rewards for the keep takes and holding relics. Personal rp gains for holding enemy keeps imo. Something drastically more important than which realm has DF anyway.

D

darbey

Its a shame the laggy arse servers dont know this then !!

K

kinag

zergs suck..

Nothing you can do to change it tho.

W

Whisperess

All depends on how you define Zerg.

I define Zerg as uneven numbers. ( 2fg vs 1fg, 3 ppl vs 1 etc )

If you define it like that; then no - this game isn't about Zerging ( they're stating that they will try to change this - god knows how )

If you define Zergs as 6fg vs 6 fg vs 6fg or thereabouts, then yes - that's the point of this game ( according to Mythic ) and pretty darn fun too :D

G

Garnet

Too bad the servers and peoples computers cant handle big army fights...

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Garnet
Too bad the servers and peoples computers cant handle big army fights...

servers do fine now in 200 vs 100 atleast and prolly even more. Off course peoples pcs dont, but you dont have to assume that when mythic says they dont think RvR means 1fg vs 1fg it has to be 200 vs 200. 5fg vs 5fg could be what they want just aswell and most peoples pc can cope with that.

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by Forau
ofc it's meant for zergs, cant have a game that actually rewards teamplay and individual skill since 98% of players don't have either. 98% unsatisfied customers doesn't sound too good

I take it you think you're in the remaining 2% and therefore superior to 98% of the people playing the game?

I

ilaya

REALLY big zergs.. ie 5fg vs 5fg and above are fun! not one of u can deny it!

stick another 3fg coming in from side somewhere.. and u got MAJOR fun! hit stuff, heal, nuke! its what makes the game truly alive!

daoc is a mmorpg.. MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER online game.. this is how it was meant to be! realm vs realm fights! battling for supremacy! give more!

if it was 1fg vs 1fg shit like quake..blah..blah.. its would be quake ffs.. but it aint.. deal with it

and for once i agree with boni on this.. hehe.. not enough rewards for a whole realm sticking together :)

A

arrakeen

All fights are fun if they are in even numbers, and sometimes its fun being outnumbered allso, if your group/you plays well and beat em ofc... allways annoying to die :p

But still solo is the way to go! takes skill to avoid the stealth zerg AND the "real" zerg :)

B

Bleri McThrust

Some of the best fun Ive ever had in game was when Summoners first arrived.

The battles in Jamtland were awesome, with hundreds of people on either side fighting each other. The battles raged for hours (and days) with one side then the other gaining the upper hand, pushing forces back across ridges and valleys.

Thats what I imagined RvR was going to be all about. Thats what the description said to me when I first got the game.

R

-RG-Jaond

Keep take zergs is cool

But the regular rp farming in emain why zerg? bad rp's and no challenge

D

Driwen

Originally posted by -RG-Jaond
Keep take zergs is cool

But the regular rp farming in emain why zerg? bad rp's and no challenge

the idea is to change regular rp farming more into zerg vs zerg instead of 1fg vs 1fg. I think mythic would like to see more fights about the keeps than roaming around in emain. Ow and if its even numbers it shouldnt be bad rp's should it? And mythic might give extra rp's if you are in a BattleGroup just like you now get extra rp's for being in a group.

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by mehuge
Its *almost* official :lol:

Zerg v Zerg IS the way the game is meant to be played.

But I knew that anyway.

Soz is this is old news ^^ :)

to bad for them it's really up to thier customers to do what they want.

E

exe

Re: Re: To Zerg or not to Zerg

Originally posted by Gahldir
to bad for them it's really up to thier customers to do what they want.
agree, mythic SHOULDNT force ppl to some specific playstyle EVER, if they still gonna do so, then gg to them...

A

Acun

The most balancing thing we can do to this game is to run fg`s We can cry nerf NERF nerf...but we dont have the nerf button.
so cmon....you can balance if u want......cry for nerf on bw wont help a shit.

But ofcourse some love to zerg..includes all realms...so leave odins FREE from zerg at last. kthx

K

Kallio

Originally posted by Bleri McThrust
Some of the best fun Ive ever had in game was when Summoners first arrived.

The battles in Jamtland were awesome, with hundreds of people on either side fighting each other. The battles raged for hours (and days) with one side then the other gaining the upper hand, pushing forces back across ridges and valleys.

Thats what I imagined RvR was going to be all about. Thats what the description said to me when I first got the game.

I dont agree, necros had somethign to do with that though :rolleyes:

also, Summoners like you used em isnt how it SHOULD be, neither should there be 12 pults inside a keep :rolleyes:

M

minimice

Originally posted by Whisperess
All depends on how you define Zerg.

I define Zerg as uneven numbers. ( 2fg vs 1fg, 3 ppl vs 1 etc )

If you define it like that; then no - this game isn't about Zerging ( they're stating that they will try to change this - god knows how )

If you define Zergs as 6fg vs 6 fg vs 6fg or thereabouts, then yes - that's the point of this game ( according to Mythic ) and pretty darn fun too :D

yep yep thats fun, total chaos is the way to go :D

but zerg in the definition = Albion army 6-7fgs+++++ Vs 2fg middies\hippies not fun

G

gaga

we need incentives to take keeps.
then all who want army vs army will meet at keeps and the ones who want 8vs8 can meet at all other places where no one bothers to go.

N

-Nuked-

imo give people the decision. giv 2 sets of zones 1 set up specially for those who wish too zerg and 1 for those who wish for 2fg vs 1fg or fgvsfg(tops) fights. zergs are good fun if its even numbers, but often it just isnt :rolleyes:

G

Gordonax

Originally posted by Kallio
also, Summoners like you used em isnt how it SHOULD be, neither should there be 12 pults inside a keep :rolleyes:

LOL you mean - you haven't worked out how to beat pults yet? Why don't you try using your brain and working out some tactics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom