Zerg and pvp behaviour

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
I play on Al'akir - I have yet to be killed by a solo alliance member: every single time ive been killed in pvp so far its been by the hands of 2+ enemies. Now im wondering whats the wiew from the other side, i.e. alliance, and what say my fellow horde comrades? Getting zerged much or have you found many equal level/number fights?

Personaly i do not attack soloers if im in a grp, and i never attack greycons. I do attack greens if they outnumber me or my group. In all other cases i /wave and run past and only retaliate if they attack me. Im 34 atm.

I hope the Honor system will bring some structure to the random ganking thats going on all over the place - the gamesystems are excellent and i can see much fun pvp in the future, if we just get a framework to play within that encourages people to seek out fair fights.

Nala

Fledgling Freddie
Most of the fights I have had, have either been me alone against people my lvl, +/- 2 to 3, and if i'm with a friend we only fight solo people about 4 lvls and higher, unless attacked first. There are times when i'm occasionally ran over by a fg, but if i'm questing and there are even lvl people, or slightly lower / higher, we've often just ran past each other (cautiously ;)).

It's not been so bad so far, for me :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
I try to kill anyone i see grey or not grey.... its fun

Kokelimonkelmedisin

Fledgling Freddie
I have yet to reatch level 20 with any 1 char (damn alts) so all the pvp Iv realy seen is
lots of level 10-20s trying to take on a group of level 30ish :p

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
Heh I got exactly the same problem on Stormscale, but then the other way around. 9 out of 10 times it's multiple hordes attacking me, even hordes that are 5 levels higher.

legar

Loyal Freddie
Fana said:
I hope the Honor system will bring some structure to the random ganking thats going on all over the place - the gamesystems are excellent and i can see much fun pvp in the future, if we just get a framework to play within that encourages people to seek out fair fights.

You know that random ganking and unfair fights = pvp right?

if you want structure, safeness and fair fights then roll on a pve server.

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
So far been ganked a couple of times but then it was me in a disadvantage (them with more, I'm on a mob or they just lvls higher then me, etc.) So I don't really call them fights and I usually will try to get away (and sometimes succeed). The fights I do get 1on1 are sometimes nice and can be a fun thing too when you get payback on someone or he/she on you :)

Also some people are more "if you don't hit me I don't hit you" on my server in the crouded pvp zones. Which is nice but can be lethal too cause you won't know who is a PvP ganker or an XPer. Gives a lot of funny combat situations and sometimes helping fellow alliance/horde to kill the other cause the other attacked first and they get help from theirs again etc. etc. :) Lucky no one sees ... being killed by ... in chat else it would become a real name hunting in those zones :D

Have yet to be zerged by multiple groups but that might come later if more raids are being organised. Cause people are more focused on XPing now.

Aada

Part of the furniture
legar said:

So true. The pvp servers are SAFE compared to the DAOC pvp servers.

Abel

Fledgling Freddie
Haven't seen much PvP yet actually, except in Ashenvale.

Other zones close to the horde lands, like Stonetalon Mountains or Thousand Needles, are filled with horde running around so only the odd alliance strays in.

Quite possibly it will change once the alliance lvl 60s get bored farming uber items, but they won't appear in serious numbers untill another couple of weeks. And even then WoW pvp will never even come near DAoCs pvp problems as the playerbase is much more spread out over all zones available, instead of clustered around the few prefered xp spots.

Ceryseth

Fledgling Freddie
Ive had plenty of fair and unfair fights, always fun tbh.
Must say the posibility of always running away from my rogue is very anoying though :D

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
legar said:

You misunderstand me :) Im all for the unsafety that pvp servers provide - i like going out and not knowing what lurks behind the next corner in terms of danger. It adds excitement that doesnt exists on a pve server once you know how the pve enviroment works (its always the same etc).

But i *wish* people would sometimes act more honorably - i.e. not so much random zerging and lowbieganking. I hope there will be a system that *encourage* people to seek out fair fights, instead of fights they cant lose that suck mightily for the ones beeing killed without a chanse.

Not beeing 100% satisfied with how a system works doesnt mean you should go do something else ;) It means you should try to improve it.

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
It depends abit, if im out questing/xping i rarely attack unless i know they are a threat, if im looking for pvp im attacking all around my lvl :)

havent really noticed much ganking, ofc there are some, but i dont mind really

Btw anyone noticed that people, even quite abit above your lvl try to run quite often? never even try to engage just run i dont get that.. :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
i found if im abouts to do a quest and an alliance member appears i try and keep peace. you only slow each other down then. sometimes you have to make peace with the enemy so you mutually gain something

as a Druid tauren i went to moonglade. i was speaking to the bear as was an elf. i always found people who run up but /wave or jump up and down show no threat. your shocked to see them run up to you but if they do something silly then they usually just want to get on with a quest but indicate they mean no harm.

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Ralgedi Smurf said:
It depends abit, if im out questing/xping i rarely attack unless i know they are a threat, if im looking for pvp im attacking all around my lvl :)

havent really noticed much ganking, ofc there are some, but i dont mind really

Btw anyone noticed that people, even quite abit above your lvl try to run quite often? never even try to engage just run i dont get that.. :)

You are a Priest ofcourse they run :)

Mavericky

Fledgling Freddie
Ralgedi Smurf said:

Quite often i run from people who are lower (by run i mean, carry on with what i was doing) As I dont like to start fights with lower levels for 2 reasons,

1, Its not a really a fair fight

2, If I do loose then i will look really stupid ;)

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
I've only been in two real fights, one was against a mage that was 4 levels higher than me. He was at the crossroads though, so kinda had to attack him.

The other one was against a hunter at my own level near crossroads.

You can't let alliance run around in your areas.

And what I wanted to say is that yet, I haven't seen any corpsecamping.

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
But i *wish* people would sometimes act more honorably - i.e. not so much random zerging and lowbieganking. I hope there will be a system that *encourage* people to seek out fair fights, instead of fights they cant lose that suck mightily for the ones beeing killed without a chanse.

Think this is the main issue Fana, some people find killing people who wont be able to put up a fight back real fun while some actually enjoy a challenge. There is all kinds in WoW as it was in for example Daoc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom