WOW PVP Bind

Tigersan

Fledgling Freddie
I left DAOC for WOW and as a casual player who loves PVP i thought this would be the game for me, now im doubting my initial feel..

I got to lvl 60 then started PVP, as i can only play 2 nights a week mainly i average about 7-10k cont points each week ive got to rank 4 and over last month have been making about 15% on rank 4 towards rank 5.

This week i made 13k so i was hoping id go up further but nope, i went down loads and im jonly just on rank 4...(lost about 85%) to previous week. So i now feel WOW is not casual player friendly at all.. At least with DAOC if u cldnt play for a month you didnt get penalised in RVR, even by playing WOW im gettign further behind

Could it be the summer holidays and all the kiddies making more Cont points therefore knocking me down?, either way i see a return to DAOC unless WOW is made more casual player friendly for PVP

Tiawhyn

Fledgling Freddie
Damnit tigs come back already we miss you :(

Clustering around the corner, a "new" emain in awhile plus the new expansion looming on the horizon is gonna
be a lot of fun (plus i promise you get to keep the rps you earn :p )

<dangles a big piece of pie on a stick before tigersan> yes you want the pie hmm? yes that's right just follow the pie
and it will all be allright.

;)

Naewae

Fledgling Freddie
Tiawhyn said:
<dangles a big piece of pie on a stick before tigersan> yes you want the pie hmm?
Such awful tasting pie...

Spankya

Fledgling Freddie
I played daoc uptil a few years ago and used to love the pvp there and my chars were very high realm rank, but WoW pvp just isnt the same :( Unless you're on a pvp server, you have to use the BG's for pvp which often means waiting around for 30 minutes or more just to get in to find the BG is finished within 10 minutes... There is no insta pvp like in daoc sadly. One of the main reasons being that there isnt the thousands of players per server as we used to have on DAOC, where during peak times there could be 400-500 players just in emain with about half of them being albs ;) The whole pvp setup of wow is different. The only way to pvp alot is to play on a PvP server.

Tigersan

Fledgling Freddie
Hi TIa m8,

HEHE yeah at mo still playing WOW with a bit on cam, at this rate ill be back spending more time on cam as i love PVP but getting no where with my RL commitments and loosing all my ranks each week on WOW.

At least i can go back to DAOC and im not back to RR1 for being away lol.

Also im on a PVP server so can PVP where i like which i do if BG's are full but im still not making enogh Honour a week to keep my rank, over these summer holidays and all the kids are making loads a week knocking me down in rank...

Something needs to be done or WOW will become only for hardcore gamers.

Afran

Part of the furniture
WoW isn't for casual players tbh, especially not one who wants to concentrate mainly on PvP. That's if you want to gain ranks, rather than just have fun anyway...

Bibi

Fledgling Freddie
Tigersan said:
Could it be the summer holidays and all the kiddies making more Cont points therefore knocking me down?

U have ur answer here. Its kinda same for me atm - reached to rank 8, dropped 1 rank after that and now im having drouble keeping 7 coz of all those kiddis.
I see that we r playing on same server but on different faction - so can u come out and die for me plz ? :p

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
Tigersan said:
At least i can go back to DAOC and im not back to RR1 for being away lol.
the BIG difference here is that you don't lose any abilities/skills when you "lose" a rank in WoW. as of 1.6.0 you can still use your PvP items.
so in WoW you could be rank 0 with full rank 11 or so gear, all you'd be missing is the tag attached to your name (aka ePenis).
on the other hand in DAoC you would lose abilities/dps/ac if you were set back to RR1...

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
Chrystina said:
the BIG difference here is that you don't lose any abilities/skills when you "lose" a rank in WoW. as of 1.6.0 you can still use your PvP items.
so in WoW you could be rank 0 with full rank 11 or so gear, all you'd be missing is the tag attached to your name (aka ePenis).
on the other hand in DAoC you would lose abilities/dps/ac if you were set back to RR1...

think his point is hes never gonna get near rank 11 being a casual player so will never get those benefits.

Got a guy hit rank 14 on our server yesterday. Warrior. hes 17 on holidays from college been playing almost constantly since BGs hit. he runs a set grp in WSG all day everday. averaging between 20-25wins a day i reckon.
he used to play daoc but came over cos he got bored of it. now hes hit 14 tho hes done everything he wants to in the game. and ist bored of it like me.
think he maybe heading back to daoc hibbyland pryd. he spent whole of yesterday in IF just switching between all the dif weapons he bought showing off.
all the high lvls on dragonmaw spend pretty much all their time in WSG running set grps. alliance and horde have about 2-3set grps each that are in WSG most of the time. 1 horde set grp are all rank 11+ they havent changed 1 member once. if they arent playing its cos 1 person isnt online. they are the hardest grp i have ever fought in WSG. their set up is something like 2shamans. 1 hunter. 3mages. 2priest. 2 warriors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom