Your best RvR memories.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Matriarch|Sneakers said:
Ha, not gonna start a flame war here or anything but one of the reasons to why I rerolled minstrel on prydwen was the fact that, YOU, stabz, wittor, lox, and the other retards in guild u where in zerged odins ( don't remb them guild name but same guild puppet was with his friar )
You made it impossible to get past Hmg in odins, fg stealthers with minstrel in it always. Don't remb many times where you where found solo until u where rr7+ tbh...Don't get me wrong you where hard to kill when ever you where foudn solo, having 9 s df n stuff but, as I said I remb you as a zerger, not a soloer :d

Sneakers you were one of the most inept and over-zealous stealth zergers that graced Excalibur in your time, and if you would like to dispute it I might still be able to dig up that old picture of me with Meduza, performing True Sight at HMG and displaying no less than eighteen Rangers and Nightshades, with yours truly standing right beneath me, at the base of the hill.

Regardless, I have some pretty good memories.

One of my favourite, adrenline pumping fights was Sunday morning, a year or more ago. It had got to a point where I was only really playing early mornings, because past that time there would simply be too many Shadowblades in Emain, not to mention full groups who would run you down and then call you a zergling, which made me too frustrated to make it worth my while. Anyway, it was about one o'clock in the afternoon, but it had been a really fun morning and I decided to keep going. Soon I found myself devoting my efforts to avoiding the <PAIN> stealthzerg at AMG, but thanks to some unfortunate timing by some other shadowblade, which they added on, they were ripped to pieces by some Alb group or other, with only Grimster and that Hunter... I forget his name, but he was alright, despite the tendancy to zerg, only those two got away, and I went on my way. Unfortunately a minute later when I jumped a solo Skald at Mill I met a fate not too far removed.
Happens.
So when I got back, running to AMG I was jumped by Grimster and the Hunter. Now Grimster, though an idiot and a lowlife, was not entirely incompetant and I decided there was not much value in this fight, so I ran. But poison kept me from stealthing, and Grimster was clearly willing to use as many endurance potions to catch me as I was to escape, so I turned and fought. Grimster closed in, and the Hunter drew his bow, but I was able to shoot the Hunter before he shot me, and he elected that he should to melee. That is what I was hoping for. Before he was on me I slammed and crit shotted Grimster, and Zephyred him. The hunter engaged me in melee before I could shoot Grimster in the Zephyr but I managed to melee him to death anyway. Me and the Hunter then fought, both using IP, but I was the clear victor. I then bowed, for I am as classy as I am awesome, and went on my merry way. I believe I was then run over by a full group of hibs.
Happens.

Another awesome fight was at AMG Odin's. Incidentally me and Meduza had paired with Elajt... or however it is spelt, because of a rather sizeable hib stealthzerg. At AMG we encountered a full group of mids, not weak... rr5-6 which was respectable enough, and because our egos were riding pretty high at that point we took them. I started shooting and predictably all the melee classes (and one healer! ha!) came upstairs and started hitting me. The infils killed the remaining healers and spell caster, and while I was standing in a corner, blocking the clumsy mids two handed attacks, they riipped them new arse holes. It was perhaps the best coordination I'd seen, let alone partaked in, in my DAoC career.

And then there was that great time I used True Sight at AMG Emain. I killed a shadowblade, and a hunter added. I killed the Hunter and a Skald added. I killed the Skald and, of all things, a solo Eldritch added. I killed the Eldritch and got run down by a full group of mids. But it was fun.

Appollo

Part of the furniture
Out of all the 1v1's 2v1's and 3v1's i have had over the years, nothing beats what Lox and Meduza also said, killing the fg of mids. No voice com, just quick typing and quick thinking. :worthy:

Littles

Loyal Freddie
So many to name and sum up but one would be last night when there was 5fg+ at glenlock tower and i got preacherboypip targetted and our whole group ran in nuked him down then ran out.....was ace

The art of killing a zerger in a zerg :)

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Actually to give a broader spectrum I should probably mention two other things.

Made a kill between MTK and MMG and was attacked by a healer as I ran back to stealth. My fault, I was being careless. There was a group near by, naturally, so I decided to run away. The healer was having none of it and actually started meleeing me. Fuck this I think, and begin twatting the fellow upside the head. However, thanks to some right retarded handwork on my end, and some craziness by the healer that I simply had no idea how to deal with, I got meleed to death by a healer. He wasn't even specced anything respectable.

Also me and Meduza once got solo'd by Slytale. Poison and DDs (I don't care how much NS's complained about those, I hated them. The vast majority of NSs never appreciated their value) kept me interrupted the entire fight so he killed Meduza, and I aint no condition to be meleeing Nightshades.

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Loxleyhood said:
Also me and Meduza once got solo'd by Slytale. Poison and DDs (I don't care how much NS's complained about those, I hated them. The vast majority of NSs never appreciated their value) kept me interrupted the entire fight so he killed Meduza, and I aint no condition to be meleeing Nightshades.
That incident I had happily forgot. Well played by Slytale, very poor played by us! From time to time when egos are running high one tend to forget that Mortality shows its ugly face when Carelessness enters the scene! Luckily it was Sly who killed us - and he knew we played poorly there (didnt stop him from laughing tho, fair enough ;)). Imagine if some rr3 wanker wannabe retired after that stunt - there would be no peace once he would have found his way to Barrysworld :eek:

Well, no good memories without the bad ones... ;)

Tip

One of Freddy's beloved
Hunting Aldorans stealth zerg down with our stealth zerg on old frontiers, always had some great fights, not playing alot these days, but hi to any of those old faces that do bump into whats left of us in new frontiers :)
i do still sense the resentment from the old days as you all still add on me whatever the situation lol :)

Jox

Fledgling Freddie

sxx said:
Dunno bout best memory but everytime I killed Salamurhaaja.
(witch wasn't often) Hardest sb out there...atleast 1on1, otherwise Jox was hard cuz of 2-3 adds :)

I am afraid I do not know what random infil you stumbled around with during the days of 9-sec-dragonfang/30-min-purge...

One of my best memories pre 1.62 is killing 5(unsynchronized)low rr alb-stealthers solo below MTK with one button; Doublefrost :p

And once I killed a low rr scout with two Doublefrost(plus absurd crits), lol!

Killing Pin, Alpha, Remi, Wittor/Elajt were always a pleasure.

Lomme

Fledgling Freddie
Jox said:
I am afraid I do not know what random infil you stumbled around with during the days of 9-sec-dragonfang/30-min-purge...

One of my best memories pre 1.62 is killing 5(unsynchronized)low rr alb-stealthers solo below MTK with one button; Doublefrost :p

And once I killed a low rr scout with two Doublefrost(plus absurd crits), lol!

Killing Pin, Alpha, Remi, Wittor/Elajt were always a pleasure.
kinda funny whining about dragonfang, and boasting your doublefrost kills in the same post :)

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Lomme said:
kinda funny whining about dragonfang, and boasting your doublefrost kills in the same post :)

la wasnt op we all know that :p was pure skills :worthy:

Jox

Fledgling Freddie

Lomme said:

Not really.

Infils had 9-sec-dragonfang(even before the introduction of ras like purge on a 30 min timer) from scratch to 1.69. Shadowblades and zerks could only enjoy absurd laxe-damage during a small number of patches.

So the difference is HUGE^^

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
3-4 fg zerg at a mid tower.

We see preacherboy, Run in (with caster group) kill preacher, run out.

Fucking AMAZING laugh at that, was pure classic :p

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Also,

Being MA against Septinas mid group in lagramon with a fucked up screen, Yelling on vent am i close to an enemy, then hitting f8 and stick :E]

my.php

Loxleyhood said:
Sneakers you were one of the most inept and over-zealous stealth zergers that graced Excalibur in your time, and if you would like to dispute it I might still be able to dig up that old picture of me with Meduza, performing True Sight at HMG and displaying no less than eighteen Rangers and Nightshades, with yours truly standing right beneath me, at the base of the hill.

Lol, that was a planned event my friend, and you albs wtf had that one comming. Anyone who was there that morning in Odins AMG knew why we camped there.

I hence that albs, and hibs who roamed Odins during those days seems to have a quiet diff view on things :p
Me and Palan often was zerged by the meduza crew for exampel, he did solo and he was tough but the mayority of fights, I atleast, had vs Meduza or even urself we were outnummbered, often you guys had that fkn female highlander minstrel named Kitty or something wierd.. to speed ur little stealthzerg ;)

P.S. Kinda funny you brought up that one time on amg odins, but I promise you, u albs had earned that one ;)

P.P.S. Just re-read your post and not sure we mean the same thing here, anyway I doubt that during those days there even was 20-30 active shades/rangers that I could roam around with casualy stealthzerging with, but there was with NO doubt 30-40 active minstrels/scouts/infils during those days ( if not more ) that defentatly did stealthzerg alot - thats simpel logic :d, 3 classes with 9 s stunns = lots will play em~

wittor said:
erm stop saying things wich is not true, I never grouped with them and I never was in odins unless there was a relic raid..?
Odin's was to easy rps, real infils went emain! ;)

could have mixed you up with old stabz or possibly some1 else wich my memory slipped :/

Where you ever slash specced at any time? ( remb u as a slash infil, donno why )

And ofcourse Emain was easy rps as an infil, you had the albion zerg @ amg and then the other 3 billion rr2-3 infils to back you up if u was close to loosing xD
No but seriously, real men went odins :)

Phalanx

Loyal Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
... and if you would like to dispute it I might still be able to dig up that old picture of me with Meduza, performing True Sight at HMG and displaying no less than eighteen Rangers and Nightshades

Please do so, I love those kind of screenies :)

This is me getting "outskilled" by 7 SBs at once, the 7th one just made it out of view when I shot the screenie.

sshot297.jpg

Drochny

Fledgling Freddie
my best memorie from daoc is when vulcans group was pwning all in emain(of) and our low rr group got in mezz on them and did vulcanic pillar with 2 earth wizzes and vulcans group died in like 1 sec:)

or maybe when i duoed with ocy (sorc/reaver) and took a fg mids in odins(of)

or when i duod with ocy in hadrians(of) and ocy had a panter pet and was in panter form and we meet 3 np players and sorusi(rm i think) killed the pet instead of ocy was quite fun sinse they were old friends:) (they won tho but we got the rm:))

Messiah

Fledgling Freddie
when pretty much killed 2 fg m solo on a tower brigde at beno when i was testing moc3 on my cabby, didn't get moc till rr8 and blind mids helps alot bit like ppl on glast u have to yell ur a bad guy before fingure it out.

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Matriarch|Sneakers said:
No but seriously, real men went odins :)
Hmm, well... real ALB-men went odins... Cuz surviving and getting RPs in Odins with all the stealth hib grps out there I'm quite frankly amazed that I got a few kills now and then... ;)

Duze

Loyal Freddie
Getting caught rebuffing with Asylum gg at HMG in Odins, OF by 2 fg+ mids on one side and a keep-take size force of hibs on the other and nowhere to run... we held out for maybe 15-20 minutes before either the mids or the hibs grew balls to rush up the stairs and finish us off and we got something like 138 deathspams in that time without pbaoe - 2 firewiz 4tw! ;) was crazy 15 minutes but so very fun.

Takitothemacs

Fledgling Freddie
Fighting Theodon a week or so ago... have to say would probably rank as one of my top memories....

Outside DC night I took it upon myself to try and fight Theodon... rr11 Pally and wasnt expecting to come off to well... but I thought I'd give a new tactic a try... based on the fact that a fight against a pally in the past has gone on for quite a long time so thought it might be a good time to learn... often other fights are over before they begin

Waited for all my toys to come up, popped SOM, envenomed GS, TD, CTD and my Champ weapon with a reapplication of Debuff (Thanks for the tip Brite) Went in just as he finished healing himself up and managed to pull off a PA, CD SS combo... and let the poisons on the first two weaps do their job (Str/Con Debuff on MH, Lifebane on Offhand) managed to get Garotte to land once ( all the while he had that damn faith healing running), evadeed and landed a DB... which he purged... BONUS!!!!!... swap to 2H weap... traitors (with disease) and drop a poisonspike... bugger stunned me... purged that and during the time I was waiting for purge I was getting ready for my next move while watching my HP drop like a stone... while he beat up the mists that had procced... walking backwards after purge I fired Javelin at him, swapped in Champ weap and went in for him again... both on low (about 15% at this point) landed a reapplication of Str/Con debuff, swapped back to Traitors and hoped that I would get lucky on a mist proc... which I did... 5% hp left on me and evade... DB landed... OMG I may actually do this... miss miss miss... WTOMGTBFH... stun wears out... he turns to me... omg im so dead... evade... and garotte... landed... yes!... no 1% 2 % hes still healing... mist proc... evade... block but mist proc... evade Garotte lands and.... You just killed Theodon... 2% hp left but what a fight...

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
playing with New Order ice Group on alb excal was great fun, some great memorise from back then. back in 2003-2004.

Valravens early 2006 was really fun as we started guild practically from skratch and gradually improved to become a really competitive guild, was great fun.

Playing with Groove, without doubt the best players ive played with, some awesome times.

shame these days a certain sparkle has left the game.

Meduza said:
Hmm, well... real ALB-men went odins... Cuz surviving and getting RPs in Odins with all the stealth hib grps out there I'm quite frankly amazed that I got a few kills now and then... ;)

It's no surprise that we all have a little diffrent view on how things were back then. But it's not reasonably to say that hib zerged, there where ALOT MORE infils/scouts/minstrels then nightshades and rangers. First of all alb had around 50% of the population back then. Secondly Infils/minstrels was so much better then NS/rangers back then. 9 s df, 30 min purge, instant stunn, later on ablatives, spec af and more spec points. There where more alb stealthers about hence albs stealthzerged more as a realm in whole.

Now when it comes to my personal view on the things in odins for exampel, the stealthzergs was started by SBs who couldn't compete with high rr, viper+ap3 shades and infils 1v1.

Anyway agree with you that those times where fun and alot better then when ToA/NF was launched, and the reason to that was the hatret. I loved to hate you man, u and ur fkn df and ur zergs and ur minstrel pets. Loved it ;) Needless to say you where hard 1v1ing aswell, not gonna take that away from you. Remb when you started to play and u where like rr2 or maybe 3 and i was rr5 already back then and i got killed by u and i just logged of and broke something - thinking FUCKING INFILS! I HATE THEM DIE MYTHIC!

( and for all the wiseguys that gonna say "your pathetic, calm down, it's only a game bla bla", I'll just say that I like to do stuff that affects me and playing a game that doesn't make me laugh or occassionly pisses me off is pointless in my book)

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Ha ha, I dig u man, i rly do! :cheers:

If one plays without passion then theres no need to play at all ;)

andeh

One of Freddy's beloved
Doubt i'll ever forget duoing with eregion in OF odins/hw, was probably the most fun time I've had in daoc, led to meeting Kesa and Bloodclot (both great people to play with) a couple of weeks pre NF and the eventual formation of village people in early NF, which holds some pretty nice memories for me too.

Namefake

Fledgling Freddie
my best memory was the first time i saw a solo alb, or wait, that was a lagg ghost.

GV-Miera

Fledgling Freddie
my best memory is from old frontiers.
3 of us (RR4 dark sm, rr3 paccer and rr2 zerker) killed fg albs RR6-7.
after the fight we practically fell from our chair laughing :cheers:

Marc

FH is my second home
andeh said:
Doubt i'll ever forget duoing with eregion in OF odins/hw, was probably the most fun time I've had in daoc, led to meeting Kesa and Bloodclot (both great people to play with) a couple of weeks pre NF and the eventual formation of village people in early NF, which holds some pretty nice memories for me too.

Were you both shamans? :D

Alpha Male

One of Freddy's beloved
Good old days are hard to beat, such as when Hing, Elesias and co. were hunting in Snowdonia and i was playing my Cleric (Gromit)....most people were not even level 50.

Second to that were the Curachon Gorge fights when i first started playing Alpha which invloved Alderian, Tdaer, Iziz, Hing, Oggy, Xnijih, Miss and others. Sadly never to be repeated. :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom