ye olde skool unreal tourney bash

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Hello guys and dolls :)

tonight at 20:00 UK time I shall be trying to host a game of ye olde UT on my phat pipe. come one, come all!

some things:

• this is ye olde UT. the original, not the 200x new-fangled thing that I dislike ;)
  • bring good cheer and fun, beer and psychedelica if you require such things.
  • yes, I know I'll have 0 ping. Trust me, this won't improve my game in the slightest :)
  • I suppose we'll have to meet up in IRC or so. A channel will be made public and hour or so before the event
  • Wazzerswift and Wij will be riding me like a bitch, so there's good odds you may not get a chance to frag me personally. you may be splattered with my body parts though.
  • fragging me is encouraged, but no cutting in front of others who are waiting. share and share alike.
  • once the channel has been anounced, and you feel like hosting a game yourself of your choice please do so, and announce it at your leisure.

also, to ensure it actually works on my end, I require a volunteer about an hour before hand to test things. if you feel up for such an important task, say so in the channel, or in this thread, or by telepathy, just as long as I know :)

Cheers,

TdC

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
bollocks, i dont have original UT :(

and im going away for a week today, pish.

Teedles when you say you dislike it does that mean you dont have it?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
If I'm around.

I do hate the UT physics engine these days, can't deal with it's grottiness and inaccuracy.

TdC

ut2004? yes, disliking it and not having it go hand in hand :) sorry you're off for a week, but relax, if this is a success I'm sure there will be more bashups held in the future :)

just to clarify summat: this is *NOT* old-UT exclusive. if you feel like gathering some people and playing a different game with them, please feel free to do so. it's just that *I* shall be hosting an UT game :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
If I was practiced at Q3 I'd say that, but I'm supposed to be half-decent at that so won't play it again until I've sorted myself out. Last time I played it felt like I was moving at 0.5x speed in a 5.0x speed world.

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
:eek: you did have to schedule it for a gym night didn't you!

I think I'll be competing for the wooden spoon with you, I was fucking awful at UT as I remember :D

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Doh_boy said:
:eek: you did have to schedule it for a gym night didn't you!

I think I'll be competing for the wooden spoon with you, I was fucking awful at UT as I remember :D

Gym is for retards.

Fweddy

FH is my second home
I might turn up. It'll be fun to wrestle the crown of worst player from TdC's warm, live fingers.

TdC

heeh Fweddy :) I seem to remember utterly trouncing you and BigBB once apon a time ;)

btw DohBoy, I've never been awful at UT, just really really really unlucky :D

Fweddy

FH is my second home
I would be an excellent UT player if I fragged other people as much as I kill myself. This natural skill will be magnified further by me having not played the game for ages and my desk being so messy I can't move the mouse.

You goin' down Teedles!

TdC

I have the needed patch and bonus packs here: http://www.alphanor.org/stuff/UT/

they're (duh) also available from other places on the interweb, which may be speedier if you find one closer to your location.

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
Will try and make it if I can. It's about the only version my lowly machine will play :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Doh_boy said:
Well I'm not obese anymore and my clothes fit so I'm happy enough. :p

But you're wallet's a lot lighter for stuff you could have done for free. You win, clearly.

TdC

Will said:
I can't make it, but I'll sticky the thread for today.

pity :( it was always a joy to point out to you that your twitch reflexes get killed off by playing "realistic" games......by using my hand-cannon to turn you into red mush :):eek::D

cheers for the sticky btw!

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
Swift^ said:
But you're wallet's a lot lighter for stuff you could have done for free. You win, clearly.
I do more weights than CV stuff so it's easier to goto a gym and 30 quid a month isn't so bad.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
£30 per month * 12 months = £360.
Lifting heavy objects at home * 12 months = £0.

Not so bad, no? Hell, you might have an argument if you were using rowing machines and other tech that gym's have that are expensive but you're paying money to lift a few things.

Methinks this is a tad silly.

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
Swift^ said:
£30 per month * 12 months = £360.

Not so bad, no? Hell, you might have an argument if you were using rowing machines and other tech that gym's have that are expensive but you're paying money to lift a few things.

Methinks this is a tad silly.
If you're being serious then I'd need a weights machine or free-weights. But since I'm at home and have no space I can't buy myself one of them.

Also I do use rowing machines and x-trainers but the largest proportion of my time is weight-training specific muscles since I don't want to 'bulk up' I want to loose weight but not loose strength. All my training is setup by the instructors there. There are loads of reasons why I prefer the gym to training at home (I did train at home and even have my dumbells still. But I also still have the stretch-marks on my biceps - hence not wanting to go down that road again), things like a swimming pool, jackuzzi, steam-room and sauna are really cool things to have available whenever I want (within reason).

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I should be able to make it from 9:00...

TdC

cool. I think there will be enough people there :) I'll have to call it a day around 12ish mind. traveling tomorrow and the trains wait for no man :/

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
Swift^ said:

Ok, ill just go get myself a 120+kg Tv to bench press than shall I? what heavy object do suggest I lift to work out my lats then? Methinks your opinion is a tad silly

TdC

oi get yer own thread!! unless you lift heavy things while playing UT, I don't wanna hear of it :eek::):p shoo shoo!!!

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry Teedles! I only lift heavy things on my coxor whilst playing :) but sadly I have lost me disks! :(

TdC

heh no worries Jaba, my wrath wasn't aimed at just you :)

pity you've lost your disks, I'm sure you'll be able to get new ones from somewhere matey!

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
would love to join you as im sure that I would make some good target practice for some of you lot! Alas I only can find 2k4 m m m meeegakill!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom