XP Killers

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Afran said:
Sigh. Cba with quote wars... Either way I won't stop going to that spot just because you whined.

See you in the frontier xDD

You use your little smiley at the end of your post like there is some goodwill involved but I just see you as a representation of everything that's wrong with gaming in general. Every system that relies on players using their heads and their discretion to maintain enjoyment breaks down as soon as someone like you gets involved.

No, I don't suppose I ever thought you would stop doing it because I pointed out how low it is. You knew how low it is before you started doing it and for someone like you that's not important.

I'm hoping I don't see you in the frontiers. My hope is that people like you leave the game. Probably for one where there are more ways to give people grief without having to actually be any good.

Tristessa

One of Freddy's beloved
The way I see it, 1 of 2 choices can be made.

1) Be the bigger man and go to a less xp-profitable spot in order to stay clear of would-be XP killers and level all your yummy artifacts in peace and quiet.

2) Be the lesser man and start whining, like a pony-tailed 6 year old girl that just got her lollipop stolen, in a way that only makes you look bad and not the one you're accusing.

Oh wait, it's already been decided...

:) :) :)

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Tristessa said:
The way I see it, 1 of 2 choices can be made.

1) Be the bigger man and go to a less xp-profitable spot in order to stay clear of would-be XP killers and level all your yummy artifacts in peace and quiet.

2) Be the lesser man and start whining, like a pony-tailed 6 year old girl that just got her lollipop stolen, in a way that only makes you look bad and not the one you're accusing.

Nice warped view of the situation here. Be the bigger man by increasing my XPing time from 10 hours to 20 hours, just to defend someone's right to be a twat?

Some kinda idea your peddling here that no matter what someone else in the game does, no matter what the rights and wrongs of it, the person who is in the wrong is the person who puts it on the forum? If that's how you feel, why are you even registered on this forum?

There is such a thing and right and wrong, whether you choose to recognise it or not. People KNOW that killing XPers is a low act. It's not just my opinion, it is demonstrated by the fact people don't go looking for XPers to kill. I don't do it, noone I know does it, almost noone reading this thread will have ever done it. Afrandor is one of a small minority of exceptions who ignore the rights and wrongs of the situation just to get a little thrill.

You wanna maybe think about how much of a bigger man that makes him. Someone who goes looking for vulnerable or easy fights is a bigger man than someone who doesn't? I'd put your specs on up the right way mate and maybe take some thinking lessons.

"QQ" and "whine" etc are your ideas, not mine. As far as I'm concerned they're just words you kiddies throw at each other because you can't articulate more complex concepts. If I wanna talk about something on a forum, I expect the usual reflexes of the brain-dead web grazers to spew out a few cliche responses like "wajn" etc, but it doesn't take the discussion anywhere so it's worthless.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Lighten up. If you take most of the wankers who play this game or post on the forums seriously you'd hang yourself. I've toa'd 3 toons in hib solo slowly with a FoP killing oranges/yells away for the hot spots and never been xp killed once (and okies ment, eldie and vw are pretty easymode to lvl like that). If you want to go for the ubah animist + pbaoe xp at the fins u also take the flak.

In the current situation there's not much place for non-stealth to solo or make small grps and have fun at prime time. An alternative it to kill some xpers and bring some other small grps out. It always has been. It's not big or clever but it works.

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie
brad said:
what about after ive alrdy spamed throw weopon whilst sprining towards the caster trying to get to him before he has already casted on me 4 times. Used end pots which my hole inventory is full of, and you realise i can't spam /use on pots since there is a re-use timer and it's not like a fight last that long for the timers to expire. And what if testudo is down? It's a 15 min timer, it's hardly ever up when you need it. even when i do use testudo and wait for sorcs MoC to end which is 30 seconds right? By the time i go to attack him and there is already several casters around me nuking anyways. so im dead as soon as tesudo breaks.

It aint easy being a heavy tank vs fast casters with more than one form of cc. Couple of things that might help. Get a charge dd from bracer or something. Maybe get GS for javelins and save them for soloing only.

Use shieldswipe, but target the brittles as it takes them all, rather than target the caster where it takes 1. Once they moc, slam then if you can. If you have to use TW use it only to kill brittles while you sprint on inc, that way its not hit by the fumble timer. I generally try and remember to equip a very fast 1h if go solo for casters so if that hits bt, i get a free hit if i switch to 2h quickly. The delay has already started while equipping rather than after a swing. Using some timers sometimes borks you for endpots, so I got myself the gale 1h end proc weapon. Problem being that if you want artis like battler and malice you cant do the fast 1h and also if using gale 1h I cant use battler. So swings and roundabouts.

Be somewhat easier from tomorrow when det patch comes in, but range > all is how it should be. It should be gameover though once you enter melee range for casters but not always so. ;)

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
Mesch dies to minstrels.

No only you when you have purge up. ;) If I respec back to solo spec and ra, I'll hand your ass to you even with you using ip and potions. :)

Selective targetting from stealth (with appropriate artis activated) is easy mode though. ;/

Less running from BG!

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Maeloch said:
Lighten up. If you take most of the wankers who play this game or post on the forums seriously you'd hang yourself. I've toa'd 3 toons in hib solo slowly with a FoP killing oranges/yells away for the hot spots and never been xp killed once (and okies ment, eldie and vw are pretty easymode to lvl like that). If you want to go for the ubah animist + pbaoe xp at the fins u also take the flak.

In the current situation there's not much place for non-stealth to solo or make small grps and have fun at prime time. An alternative it to kill some xpers and bring some other small grps out. It always has been. It's not big or clever but it works.

Yes, I've done a fair amount of XPing at the mobs southwest of Crim, too. However, we had several people who needed to XP artis, so setting up several different solo spots would have been impractical. We went to the most appropriate spots for our group.

As I said before, I don't mind taking the risk of being killed while XPing. It's the dogged way Afrandor goes after XPers that I dislike. All night long, it's all he was doing. He wasn't just introducing an element of risk, he was sabotaging it for hours. He was being a dick. There's no need for it.

The underlying principle here is not a difficult one to grasp - if you want RvR, do it against other people who also want to RvR.

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
There are areas in the frontier that are safe, its possible to solo/small group safe behind the milegate or if you have a larger group go a bit into PoC so you dont get jumped at the enterance.
If they find you its up to them if they attack, by being there you have already given them your permission.

Trying to deliberately XP kill someone is bad form in my opinion, but attacking them isnt.
Personally i try not to Xp kill someone, even go so far as to help if they are about to get eaten.
Saying that, i like running solo and having fights without having dozens of people join in so i run around the frontier, i dont see a problem with that.

ian_heaps

Fledgling Freddie
it's RvR? Think you'll have to live with it or not level your artis

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Afran said:
Haha bullshit ;d

Really? So you deny going to the two fins spots 8 or 9 times in succession? You killed us twice at Behnn fins and we killed you twice. Then you started killing Adalyn's group, and we saw your deathspam and theirs multiple times over the course of our evening.

Funny that you should try to deny it. Almost like you know it's something not to be proud of.

ian_heaps said:
it's RvR?

Is it though? Isn't this kinda thing exactly the reason most of us don't play Camlann? I thought RvR was where BOTH sides are involved in the fight, not where one side is XPing.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Boggy said:
Really? So you deny going to the two fins spots 8 or 9 times in succession?

Yes, went there 3 times max, and the third time I went was to suicide (behn was under siege but just people fucking with trebs)

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
if people are stupid enough to exp in frontiers like that I would kill them over and over even if it took me all the way to rr10

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Afran said:
Yes, went there 3 times max, and the third time I went was to suicide (behn was under siege but just people fucking with trebs)

Why are you so keen to say you only did it 3 times? I thought you didn't see anything wrong with it? The fact you're now lying about how many times you did it is clear indication you know it's a crappy thing to do. Pretty sure plenty of other Hibs can attest to the fact you went there many, many times Friday night and quite a few on other nights over the weekend.

Heta said:
if people are stupid enough to exp in frontiers like that I would kill them over and over even if it took me all the way to rr10

Interesting perspective. So in your view, it is stupid to XP in a place where all your artis gain XP? You think the intelligent decision would be to XP the seperately in multiple locations? Potentially spending vast amounts of extra time doing something very tedious? That's what you come up with when you turn your massive intellect on the subject is it?

This thread isn't really about the wisest place to XP artis. Anyone can see that the best place to XP them is at Fins. You spend the least time doing something boring. Even with Afrandor repeatedly attacking us it took much less time to XP them there than anywhere else. Anyone advising you to XP somewhere else is just plain wrong.

That still doesn't make Afrandor's poor attitude to the game any more palatable or enjoyable. Hopefully he'll leave DAoC fairly soon, but failing that at least move to Camlann where he can be with like-minded people and kill XPers to his heart's content.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Bearing in mind, the reward for XP'ing in the frontiers is so massive there should be a drawback to it. There is: Risk of getting killed in the frontier.

On the other hand, XP-killing... well lets just say: Once its funny, twice you think 'haha' and the third time it gets just plain boring. For both sides, I would hope to think.

It's like running 1 massive 100 people zerg and go 'hey dont go in frontier if you dont like getting zerged'. Ofcourse its 'allowed' and so is 'XP-killing' but that doesnt mean it should give you respect or something.

Just face it, repetative XP-killers are more likely then not people who can't kill something in a fair 1vs1 and rely on killing people already preoccupied with mobs to grow an e-Peen in whatever way ('look i killed 20 people' or 'look Im RR7 phear me!')

Everyone his own, but its Zzzzzz from my POV to do it more then once or twice.

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Same view i have people not giving peoples 1v1 fights. Instead of having a 1v1 with a stealth etc its 3 or more stealthers. Same applies for exping killing, they feel they can't win a 1v1 fight so forced to kill people with mobs or in real RVR, have more than 1 person per fight involved from another side.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Xp killing isnt so bad

I remember being at the hunters at level 35 on my cabby when Irvr was in Hw not so long back

So many fgs ran past me, even stealtheres buggered off when they realised what I was doing :)

Even stood and watched fg take on a fg and both sides gave me a hug for not adding :)

Draypor

Fledgling Freddie
Boggy said:
Interesting perspective. So in your view, it is stupid to XP in a place where all your artis gain XP? You think the intelligent decision would be to XP the seperately in multiple locations? Potentially spending vast amounts of extra time doing something very tedious? That's what you come up with when you turn your massive intellect on the subject is it?

artis are sposed to take time to level. dont you think there is a reason why frontiers is the only place in all the game were every arti levels?..
basically if you have quite a few artis its gonna take a while to level them all, if your not prepared to wait and do it the safe tedious way... then go do them all in the frontiers at your own risk. the choice is yours...

if killing xp'ers/arti levelers was wrong then it wouldnt be in the game

necromania

Can't get enough of FH
Niroth said:
Remember Xrystofer running with a DI bot + sorc at fins some week ago. Their first attempt to kill us failed, then they came back 3 times more ( Using reaver bomb everytime )

Sure it's a game and it's in a RvR zone, but still frustrating :p

im the sorc :D but anyway its been mantioned alot times, its a xp spot. you only pl near the tower to get the ekstra bonus, and its understandable, but your taking a risc, wich me and xrystofer likes to abuse :p. instead you can go the cursed forest if you like to kill fins, tho no tower bonus there,

GL ;) and cya at fins ;)

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
Like the full group of hib tossers that killed my lvl 45 cleric that was at the entrance of POC last night.
So starved of rp's that they have to kill him. Why bother not like he stands a chance you fuck tards...

As you can see its not just albs that kill xp'rs dinged 50 on my reaver the day before server update and need to lvl my arti's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom