XP Killers

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Any chance those Albs who repeatedly kill XPs can give it a rest a bit? Yes, I know it is a frontier zone, but unfortunately I didn't make the rules about where artis can be levelled.

Fair enough if you passing or desperate of RPs one day or something and you kill an XPing group, but really what's the value in repeatedly doing it? It's not a challenge for you, so unless you get the little boy kinda "hehehe, look, they died" lame kinda jollies, why not just go have a proper fight?

The thing about this is that only Albs do it currently. Afrandor mainly, Mactavish etc. If you carry on doing it and other realms start doing it in return all you do is make the annoyance of TOA that much more annoying.

Whereas if you think like a human being and play the game with a bit of intelligence, maybe you could take some respect from how you conduct yourself.

I didn't want to have to complain about this. I held off Friday when Afrandor did it all night and Saturday when a few people did it. But it's going on every night and it's all so childish.

Niroth

One of Freddy's beloved
Remember Xrystofer running with a DI bot + sorc at fins some week ago. Their first attempt to kill us failed, then they came back 3 times more ( Using reaver bomb everytime )

Sure it's a game and it's in a RvR zone, but still frustrating :p

pip

Banned
Boggy said:
Any chance those Albs who repeatedly kill XPs can give it a rest a bit? Yes, I know it is a frontier zone, but unfortunately I didn't make the rules about where artis can be levelled.

Fair enough if you passing or desperate of RPs one day or something and you kill an XPing group, but really what's the value in repeatedly doing it? It's not a challenge for you, so unless you get the little boy kinda "hehehe, look, they died" lame kinda jollies, why not just go have a proper fight?

The thing about this is that only Albs do it currently. Afrandor mainly, Mactavish etc. If you carry on doing it and other realms start doing it in return all you do is make the annoyance of TOA that much more annoying.

Whereas if you think like a human being and play the game with a bit of intelligence, maybe you could take some respect from how you conduct yourself.

I didn't want to have to complain about this. I held off Friday when Afrandor did it all night and Saturday when a few people did it. But it's going on every night and it's all so childish.
These gimps need to kill low rr peeps as they are faggots :D

Corran

Part of the furniture
Tell that to the stealthers that keep coming down and killing me xp'in in alb land. Both mid and hib.

Tell that to the 6 mids in a balanced group (shammy, healer<maybe 2>, sm, warrior etc) that were camping poc yesterday.

Tell that to the hib vamps that consta come down to poc.

I just live with it and get on with it.. either log off or so something else

Mactavish

Loyal Freddie
i am so sorry bud, we were just passing and b4 i could say anything our small group attacked. All I can say in our defence is that we did not come looking for you. We did let your rezzer go thou.

Have fun

Chamie

Loyal Freddie
Don't be so mean and whine at them, people not good enought to get RPs from real RvR needs to kill people XPing look at poor Xrstoffer what would he do without PoC? ;((

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Kinda have to agree with xyr there, although i don't go killing expers, i still find RVR very frustrating when trying to solo as a tank. As we have virtually no ranged attacks and i would say 70% of all people play casters in rvr, it doesn't leave much to figure out why it's hard to be a tank. :mad:

You find a solo caster, lifetap lifetap lifetap lifetap, yes i finaly get to the caster, your blow was absorved by a magical barrier. Caster quickcasts root or mezz, runs away and repeats casting. Thats what basically happens in rvr as a tank. Even if you purge the root/mezz and you get to them. It's moc3 lifetap lifetap lifetap.

Bah im dead again. :mad:

Mactavish

Loyal Freddie
brad said:
Kinda have to agree with xyr there, although i don't go killing expers, i still find RVR very frustrating when trying to solo as a tank. As we have virtually no ranged attacks and i would say 70% of all people play casters in rvr, it doesn't leave much to figure out why it's hard to be a tank. :mad:

You find a solo caster, lifetap lifetap lifetap lifetap, yes i finaly get to the caster, your blow was absorved by a magical barrier. Caster quickcasts root or mezz, runs away and repeats casting. Thats what basically happens in rvr as a tank. Even if you purge the root/mezz and you get to them. It's moc3 lifetap lifetap lifetap.

Agree 100%

pip

Banned
Mactavish said:
Agree 100%
Yes warrior for pve/rvr grp for sure to solo 1 in this day and age Must be pritty boring if stealthers dont jump ya :(

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
brad said:

i pheel the same when i have my instants down and i am mezz/rooted :mad:

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
brad said:

you have got 'throw weapon'. use that when running at a caster to break the bt + interrupt them and once you get close enough slam it. proceed to demolish it in 2 (maybe 3) hits with your 2-hander.
i don't even play tanks and i know thats how you do it.
theres nothing to complain about for a warrior of all tanks. they dont have to fight bd's.
product_tictac_fresh.jpg
's are important.

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
haarewin said:
you have got 'throw weapon'. use that when running at a caster to break the bt + interrupt them and once you get close enough slam it. proceed to demolish it in 2 (maybe 3) hits with your 2-hander.
i don't even play tanks and i know thats how you do it.
theres nothing to complain about for a warrior of all tanks. they dont have to fight bd's.
product_tictac_fresh.jpg
's are important.
u know the cost of throw weapon? :)
disarm 6 sec and huge end faticue cost

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Xrystofer said:
u know the cost of throw weapon? :)
disarm 6 sec and huge end faticue cost

yes, i know. thats why i said throw weapon while running at it. that way end has a chance to regen and the disarm timer is down by the time you get to the caster.

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
look how mids add u when u solo :twak:
i was fighting a hunter when a SM add me in the eras water( u can walk slower there) had hunter and SM on me and i was owning them hunter 30-40 and SM 10% when fg came and they add too :twak:

Mactavish

Loyal Freddie
haarewin said:
yes, i know. thats why i said throw weapon while running at it. that way end has a chance to regen and the disarm timer is down by the time you get to the caster.

Am sorry Haarewin but that's total bollocks, in the meantime you get hit for 500 to 700 a cast and 6 secs is a long time to w8 to hit again. Next thing you will be saying is to use arms rr5 and hit em with xbow :)

Afran

Part of the furniture
Well, you have the option not to exp in the frontiers, by chosing to xp in a frontier you're putting yourself at risk of being killed, and that's a choice you make. Also, any time I have intended to rvr in hib frontier, as well as at exp spots, is when I am solo, other times it is just passing in small groups, and then we will let the rezzer live (as Mactavish said)

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
but but its so fun ;(

besides for the soloer killing in poc etc is the only thing besides get zerged to fuck in irvr

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Well there's still a number of spots u can xp in a small grp without getting bothered, I mean just avoid the fins camps, cave bears etc and I don't see the problem.

If u do get bothered, just have a couple of runs killing alb/mid xpers to get it off ur chest. :D

Voltage

Fledgling Freddie
I always carry an item with dot or dd charge on it to interrupt casters... and always forget to use it.

rock on!

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I don't think XP killing is a bad thing at all, it adds an element of danger to the frontier that you don't get safely behind the border keeps in your own realm. I always do a few levels on my characters in the frontiers, regardless of what realm I'm playing. I get XP killed now and then but so what? it's a game.

On the other hand I use to go to Gorge bears, the ones north of there in briefine and the various fins gorba spots and attempt to XP kill whole groups. Got some, died to others. Lame? not sure, 1 scout playing cat and mouse with a FG is fun for me. tough shit if it isn't for them. They can always leave, I'm not forcing them to stay and I dont' get pissed if they manage to get me. Same goes for those XPing at the bears, I'll do my best to get them an XP death. I usually only kill someone once, even in a FG I'll rarely pick on the same person. it's nothing personal and I usually try to suicide on someone so the RPs don't go to waste.

Many people hate XP killing, personally I think it adds a lot to this game and I hope it's always around. I'd hate it if DAOC turned into a more modern version of UO - trammel (for those who know what I mean).

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
like me when i run in df with my scout...i c many greys and i c 1 yellow...i kill the yellow and hug the greys and run of

as long as enemie is yellow when i target and green when they die they where still yellow when i started to shot them

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Niroth said:
Remember Xrystofer running with a DI bot + sorc at fins some week ago. Their first attempt to kill us failed, then they came back 3 times more ( Using reaver bomb everytime )

Sure it's a game and it's in a RvR zone, but still frustrating :p
what u expin bro?

Seanpaul

Loyal Freddie
brad said:

You find a solo druid wearing RoG in DF, Charge-guard tank meight on 50% health-twak-twak yes i finally got killed by adding scum after dinging RR4 \o/.

p.s.special thanks to xry killing me logging into PoC this evening too :( things like that stop the 'dont kill' yell on soloers. "roll on and over please, make it quick" mumbles the bard on ventrilo.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
brad said:

Yep, 400 dex casting is way too overpowered. Add stupid stun to it that doesn't break when you take damage and here you go. I wish there would be a caster free dueling zone or so for tanks/hybrids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom