XP Killers

toxii

Can't get enough of FH
Maeloch said:
Well there's still a number of spots u can xp in a small grp without getting bothered, I mean just avoid the fins camps, cave bears etc and I don't see the problem.

If u do get bothered, just have a couple of runs killing alb/mid xpers to get it off ur chest. :D

what he said

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Xrystofer said:
:wanker: :wanker:
try solo and tell me :twak:

i tried solo, against u.. but as u saw... those evuhl, mean wooden sticks (arrows) kept beeing trowed at me and u :(

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Well, you should all look forward to clustering when we get Horner to help out the xp-killing Albs, an Alb/Excal Sorcerer who managed to leech himself to RR11 in ROG gear by killing XPers and soloers with his ML9 stun chicken and MoC+SOI. :D

Gahn

Resident Freddy
haarewin said:
you have got 'throw weapon'. use that when running at a caster to break the bt + interrupt them and once you get close enough slam it. proceed to demolish it in 2 (maybe 3) hits with your 2-hander.
i don't even play tanks and i know thats how you do it.
theres nothing to complain about for a warrior of all tanks. they dont have to fight bd's.
product_tictac_fresh.jpg
's are important.

Nono m8, throw weapon makes u fumble for 5-6 seconds while caster interrupted for less, nuff for em to free root/mezz ya and u are back in shit ^^

Vermillon

One of Freddy's beloved
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
gettin' old now, and only making you look sadder....

Said the younger warlock.

----

Throw Weapon only penaltize the user only if you do dmg with it. You can easy break bt from small distance and slam right after. But one britle guard is enough to spoil the soop or SM pet, just dont bother with SMs you are dead anyway (Reavers excluded due to magic dmg - interupts).

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Belomar said:
Well, you should all look forward to clustering when we get Horner to help out the xp-killing Albs, an Alb/Excal Sorcerer who managed to leech himself to RR11 in ROG gear by killing XPers and soloers with his ML9 stun chicken and MoC+SOI. :D

Does he still have a block bot stuck on him lol

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Belomar said:
Sounds like the leetest sorc ever \o/

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Boggy said:
Any chance those Albs who repeatedly kill XPs can give it a rest a bit? Yes, I know it is a frontier zone, but unfortunately I didn't make the rules about where artis can be levelled.

Fair enough if you passing or desperate of RPs one day or something and you kill an XPing group, but really what's the value in repeatedly doing it? It's not a challenge for you, so unless you get the little boy kinda "hehehe, look, they died" lame kinda jollies, why not just go have a proper fight?

The thing about this is that only Albs do it currently. Afrandor mainly, Mactavish etc. If you carry on doing it and other realms start doing it in return all you do is make the annoyance of TOA that much more annoying.

Whereas if you think like a human being and play the game with a bit of intelligence, maybe you could take some respect from how you conduct yourself.

I didn't want to have to complain about this. I held off Friday when Afrandor did it all night and Saturday when a few people did it. But it's going on every night and it's all so childish.

cry more, dont exp in frontier if you dont want to die from realm enemies.

Lupa

Fledgling Freddie
Gahn said:
Nono m8, throw weapon makes u fumble for 5-6 seconds while caster interrupted for less, nuff for em to free root/mezz ya and u are back in shit ^^
no, it makes you fumble longer (10s i think) but u dont get a fumble timer:
-if the blow is intercepted by bt
-if it killes the enemy (or brittle guard as well)
-if it is blocked/parried

So he's right, kill bt with throw weapon (you wont get fumble timer) and keel !

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Xrystofer said:
u know the cost of throw weapon? :)
disarm 6 sec and huge end faticue cost

partially wrong :eek:

you dont get the disarm effect when you hit a BT with it.
the fatigue cost aint that high when you use a 1h for it either :p

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:
I don't think XP killing is a bad thing at all, it adds an element of danger to the frontier that you don't get safely behind the border keeps in your own realm. I always do a few levels on my characters in the frontiers, regardless of what realm I'm playing. I get XP killed now and then but so what? it's a game.

On the other hand I use to go to Gorge bears, the ones north of there in briefine and the various fins gorba spots and attempt to XP kill whole groups. Got some, died to others. Lame? not sure, 1 scout playing cat and mouse with a FG is fun for me. tough shit if it isn't for them. They can always leave, I'm not forcing them to stay and I dont' get pissed if they manage to get me. Same goes for those XPing at the bears, I'll do my best to get them an XP death. I usually only kill someone once, even in a FG I'll rarely pick on the same person. it's nothing personal and I usually try to suicide on someone so the RPs don't go to waste.

Many people hate XP killing, personally I think it adds a lot to this game and I hope it's always around. I'd hate it if DAOC turned into a more modern version of UO - trammel (for those who know what I mean).

this game has been trammel since release :p

Vermillon

One of Freddy's beloved
Lupa said:
no, it makes you fumble longer (10s i think) but u dont get a fumble timer:
-if the blow is intercepted by bt
-if it killes the enemy (or brittle guard as well)
-if it is blocked/parried

So he's right, kill bt with throw weapon (you wont get fumble timer) and keel !

Actualy the fumble penalty is 2 x your swing time. Simple words you lose 2 swing rounds.

Lupa

Fledgling Freddie
Vermillon said:
Actualy the fumble penalty is 2 x your swing time. Simple words you lose 2 swing rounds.
wrong

throwweapon.JPG

2x3.4 = max 6.8s(7s) fumble effect

I've always the same timer (doenst matter if i use sok or traitors), the timer is always 10s.

brad

Fledgling Freddie
The thing is that a majority of casters now have brittle guards. So when you hit a brittle with throw weopon you get 10 seconds donwtime, and since brittles follow behind the caster you don't always see them, so already your fucked up since your standing there like a nons waiting for the 10 seconds to end before you can hit them again.

And even if casters don't have brittles, you still have to sprint all the way to the casters plus use throw weopons and then either have to slam them, which means basically all your end has gone, before the fight has really even begun.

Trust me i think i know what it's like when trying to solo as a warrior. I do it enough to know what abilities i can use to defeat a caster. But a majority of the time if a caster is above RR6 you don't really have much of a chance since you have things called MoC3. :twak: Usually if people are below that you have a chance of killing them, but that also depends if they have brittle or not.

Anyway im not gonna moan anymore about it.... not like anything will change so tanks just have to deal with it. Even though i die more some nights than i get kills i still carry on.
:)

brad

Fledgling Freddie
P.S. Why give casters 400 dex!!! They end up having like a 1 second cast timer!!!! :twak:

belxavier

Fledgling Freddie
hitting brittles or bt or killing with thrown weapon as said wont disarm u....

also xystrofer cant post that ss and qq when u fighting right next to the keep mids porting from ^^ if u wanna solo do it somewhere half sensible that spot like saying im solo at the bridge of orien's for a mid or hib gonna get chain rolled and tbh deserve it if stand in line of 2k porting enemies

Jjuraa

Banned
brad said:
The thing is that a majority of casters now have brittle guards. So when you hit a brittle with throw weopon you get 10 seconds donwtime, and since brittles follow behind the caster you don't always see them, so already your fucked up since your standing there like a nons waiting for the 10 seconds to end before you can hit them again.

And even if casters don't have brittles, you still have to sprint all the way to the casters plus use throw weopons and then either have to slam them, which means basically all your end has gone, before the fight has really even begun.

Trust me i think i know what it's like when trying to solo as a warrior. I do it enough to know what abilities i can use to defeat a caster. But a majority of the time if a caster is above RR6 you don't really have much of a chance since you have things called MoC3. :twak: Usually if people are below that you have a chance of killing them, but that also depends if they have brittle or not.

Anyway im not gonna moan anymore about it.... not like anything will change so tanks just have to deal with it. Even though i die more some nights than i get kills i still carry on.
:)

you clearly dont know what its like as a warrior :) as youre not using any tactics at all. get MoCCed? use testudo. chasing a caster? take down any brittles/bt with throw weapon, out of end? use a bloody end pot. they cost 5g ffs theres no excuse.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Vladamir said:
He was actually talking about Saitoh and Septina!.

:wub::fluffle::wub::fluffle:
If anyone it'd be that shitty sorc refusing to play his pala :I

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Afran said:
Well, you have the option not to exp in the frontiers, by chosing to xp in a frontier you're putting yourself at risk of being killed, and that's a choice you make. Also, any time I have intended to rvr in hib frontier, as well as at exp spots, is when I am solo, other times it is just passing in small groups, and then we will let the rezzer live (as Mactavish said)

Easy to use this glib response, but devoid of any real meaning. As I am sure you know, the frontier is the ONLY place you can XP all your artis. So the "choice" as you put it is to either XP in the frontier or XP your artifacts 2 or 3 times. As I pointed out in my initial post, people like you are making the already tedious process of getting ToA'd needlessly more tedious.

Rather than trying to hide behind this transparent excuse, at least have the balls enough to admit you're just being a twat when you kill xpers and that it gives you a little childish glee every time you spoil someone's game for a few minutes.

The noticable thing about XPer killing is that almost noone does it. This is very easily explained by the fact that almost every player on the server recognises that it's a bit of a low thing to do. Mactavish, for example, apologised - presumably because when all is said and done he's a fairly decent bloke. And in fact if he just killed us on the way past he didn't even have anything to apologise for (I mistakenly thought he was like you and making a repeated pest of himself). I expect people to kill me if passing, it's part of the game. That's nothing like the way you go out and look for people XPing just to get your small-minded jollies at another's expense.

I'm not going to take the advice of some and start killing Alb XPers. That would be spiteful and would also be taking it out on the wrong people. Unlike you, I'm a pretty decent bloke who wants other players to enjoy the game.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Boggy said:
Rather than trying to hide behind this transparent excuse...

That's not an excuse, it's a fact. As others said fins are a well known camp spot and you do not have to go there, why not go to PoC or somewhere else? You are risking dying to the enemy realm by chosing to do go to the same camp every time.

Also, if you (and other exping groups) saw an alb/mid (in hib PoV) are you really going to tell you're group not to kill him as they are just walking by? I seriously doubt it xE

Anyway, at the end of the day, no matter what you say I'm not going to stop killing people just because they pulled a couple of mobs, especially when it's 1vs8.

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Jjuraa said:
you clearly dont know what its like as a warrior :) as youre not using any tactics at all. get MoCCed? use testudo. chasing a caster? take down any brittles/bt with throw weapon, out of end? use a bloody end pot. they cost 5g ffs theres no excuse.

what about after ive alrdy spamed throw weopon whilst sprining towards the caster trying to get to him before he has already casted on me 4 times. Used end pots which my hole inventory is full of, and you realise i can't spam /use on pots since there is a re-use timer and it's not like a fight last that long for the timers to expire. And what if testudo is down? It's a 15 min timer, it's hardly ever up when you need it. even when i do use testudo and wait for sorcs MoC to end which is 30 seconds right? By the time i go to attack him and there is already several casters around me nuking anyways. so im dead as soon as tesudo breaks.

So clearly i still don't know what it's like to play a warrior when a majority of the time i solo. I guess i don't know my class. :)

Would like to fight you in rvr anyways. I look forward to seeing you.

Mactavish

Loyal Freddie
So anyway, I go back tonight to say hi to exping hibs at the said same spot unbuffed i may add. Guess what? I sit down beside them and well you can imagine:)

Mordenaar

Fledgling Freddie
Samaroon EatsCheese said:
you couldn't kill shit solo if you aint playing your warlock :<

agree... warlocks are the easy mode in RvR, try playing a char that requires skill, like a tank. Vamps actually take a lot to get to and kill a decent caster. Cant wait for this next patch, wanna see how many casters leave DAOC after finding out that tanks pwn em all the time, How the tables will turn. :twak:

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Afran said:
As others said fins are a well known camp spot and you do not have to go there

No I don't have to go there, but then neither do you, and at least my reason for going there doesn't involve making the game needlessly annoying for other players.

Afran said:
why not go to PoC or somewhere else?

PoC suffers from exactly the same issue ... i.e. if some bottom-feeder with no self-respect wants to head down there with a specific intention of killing XPers there is nothing to stop him.

Afran said:
You are risking dying to the enemy realm by chosing to do go to the same camp every time.

And your recommendation would be to go XP on the secret green-con mobs where Afrandor can't be arsed to go? Any spot worth XPing at will be known to the enemy. The thing that stops them killing XPers is not secrecy, it is the player's own decency.

Afran said:
Also, if you (and other exping groups) saw an alb/mid (in hib PoV) are you really going to tell you're group not to kill him as they are just walking by?

Ahhh, so suddenly you want to suggest that you can be judged by my standards? You are right, I would (probably) kill an enemy group if I passed them on my way to somewhere. However, I would not - as you do - make a tour of XP spots trying to break the server's "lowest form of life" record. By my standards you're a anti-social scumbag whose ethics clearly bare no resemblance to 99% of the server.

Don't try to pretend you were "passing" the XPers you kill. Friday night we had to kill you twice before you gave up. Even then you just went to kill different XPers.

At least grow the balls to own up to what you do. Being anti-social is bad enough. Trying to use sophistry to worm out of it must surely make you feel a bit stupid even with esteem as low as yours?

Afran said:
Anyway, at the end of the day, no matter what you say I'm not going to stop killing people just because they pulled a couple of mobs, especially when it's 1vs8.

Hoho, now you even try to make it sound like beating a group of XPers is some kind of accomplishment. So ... a group of people not making any attempt to defend themselves, entirely focused on another task, aggro'd by 4 level 60 mobs, and you find it challenging to sneak up mezz and kill?

I guess you must, since it's not even 1v8. Ransome was with you Friday and some of our group were about level 40.

Please tell me that even someone like you can't delude themselves to thinking that killing a group of unsuspecting XPers takes some kinda skill?

Afran

Part of the furniture
Sigh. Cba with quote wars... Either way I won't stop going to that spot just because you whined.

See you in the frontier xDD

Digi

Fledgling Freddie
Xrystofer said:
u know the cost of throw weapon? :)
disarm 6 sec and huge end faticue cost

Well if it hit a bt you Dont get Disarmed
or a miss and end pots are you Friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom