XP - How's it worked out

S

shatter

Just read a thread on the "offical" forum.

1. Every 5 seconds the server takes a note of enemies in the SOI. Based on the number of enemies, you get alloted a certain amount of experience if you are in the SOI.
2. No enemies in the SOI = 0 XP.
3. The maximum XP is 5000, I've gotten 5K in about 5 minutes before because there was tons of enemies in the SOI in that time.
4. You do NOT need anyone in the SOI when the hack goes through. Any XP alloted to you will be given to you regardless of your location.
5. You do NOT get additional experience for kills.
6. You do NOT get additional experience for getting the hack.
7. At the hack, the combined total of all squadmembers alloted XP is divided by the number of squadmembers. Therefore, XP given is the average of the squad. This is what kills Gal pilots and other people that may need to be out of the SOI when enemies are present there.

Can anyone tell me how acurate this is? Does this mean that you get no XP for sniping? And what the hell is an SOI????

Shatter

S

shatter

The nice green glowing circle you mean???

hmmm so if my sniper is not in the SOI this must mean he aint scoring... :-(

P

[PS]Mung

Not the glowing green circle that crosses the map, that's a weather front.
No the SOI is the circle (it is the colour of the controlling faction or green) around the facilities.
Which is why people don't like to secure towers which are outside of the SOI, just in case they miss out on some exp.

But if you are in a squad, then you shall get some exp from the other members inside the SOI.

Hey that's what you get for being a support class.

S

shatter

So let me get this straight:

1) Towers have no SOI
2) If I snipe or kill anyone outside of an SOI I dont get any XP

Do I have this right?

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Nope, you'll always get XP for a kill, but kills don't affect how much XP you get for a base cap or for killing a hack. Th above explanation of XP is really an explanation of base hack XP.

One more thing. The time slices for the XP occur for the 25 minutes before the hack completes (i.e. the 10 minutes before the hack starts and then 15 minutes from the hack to hack completion).

E

Esoteric

hmm if and when I kill more solo it reflects in the xp I get for the base or it certainly seems to.

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Well, you're more likely to get kills if there are lotsof enemies in the SOI.

My sniper has had 5k XP base caps and doesn't kill much very often :)

B

bone_idle

Ive gotten 1k xp before when i was ungrouped and flying over a base that just capped in my gal. I didnt do a single thing. Just flew over it on my way to meet my outfit at another base.

It was purely luck, but it was a bonus. It still confuses me now how this XP thing works with bases.

T

Tenko

dunno, xp seems pretty straight forward to me.

But then I'm a RPG geek, I live and breath xp systems :D

C

CliffyG

Remember that base cap xp isn't based on how many kills are made in the SOI just how many enemies are there.

S

SilverHood

getting 5k is rather easy solo these days

though I find that if I actively contribute, I get more xp

T

the_smurflord

Monday night, I get get home, I turn on the PC, I log into Planetside.
I appear in the base I logged out of 20 hours previously and within 5 seconds get 4k from the base hack. Nice one. :)

P

[PS]Mung

So correct me here, please, if i am wrong.
If 30 Vanu and 30 NC (sorry TR it would never work with you ;)) were to just stand around in a bases SOI, not fighting, holding hands or something :). And they alternatley hacked the base, the exp they would get would remain constant because they are there, not fighting, just there?

S

shatter

This is my point too.

I like this game but the "Base Rush Mentality" is getting a bit monotones.

1) rush to tower
2) capture tower
3) rush to base
4) capture base

Rinse and repeat.....

Last night I suggested we "hold an area" and was told that there was no XP in this. Good point and well made, but we were also in a position to fight a real good battle. We had control of two bridges and the enemy were bottle necked over them. By bringing up an AMS and using tanks to hide behind we got across the bridge and took a hostile tower at the other end AND then took a base. All the time we were sweeping for AMS units and using crowd control tactics and even though we faced superior numbers, we did drive them back and we did capture the base.

I have no idea how much XP I got from that, but I do know I had an awful lot of fun. But it would have also been nice to have a reward at the end it too.....

However, meanwhile on another part of the island some of my fellow NC's were making an easy snatch of a base low on power. They probably got good XP for that too and they probably did it in a fraction of the time, before rushing off to the next lightly guarded easy kill.

The ethos of base capturing is rather like powerleveling with everyone who is truly interested in that looking for exploits and or easy wins. While everyone else (people looking for more fun than Level Credo) are out looking for a fun way to get to the same goal.

Okay.... Flame away all you powerleveling, base capturing, junkies....

;-)

Shatter

P

[PS]Mung

Agree.
Exp for kills should increase for duration of battle around a certain focal point.

Ie the most intense area of combat becomes the focal point and any combat in a certain radius comes under the exp graduation.

Exp per kill goes up eponetially per minute to a certain level.

Hmm, do you know what. I just thought of that in, like, a minute.
If you thought that was a good idea I should be made President of the World.

S

Sarum TheBlack

I agree entirely Shatter :) To me, a well fought battle is far superior to 20 easy caps.

S

shatter

@Mung - I think that?s a cool idea, you should put it up on the Planetside webboard...

But I am still not voting for you.... And since when has having good ideas had anything to do with being elected. Most politicians the world over get elected on the back of bad, unfeasible and unworkable ideas. That's why they get elected. They tell the people want they want to hear, not what they want to do or what they can do, or what the money behind them will let them do or....

Sorry just had to pause there to wipe away the dribble...

P

[PS]Mung

Yeah All right, I'll shove it on for what it's worth.

Vote me! For President of the World!

Users who are viewing this thread