Help me out chaps :)

T

throdgrain

Ive recently returned to Planetside after a purchase of another 512 of ram ,and I have to say Im enjoying it !
However, no matter what I do I cannot bind a key for the afterburner , up or down controls on my Reaver.
Does anyone know why this is ? Ive bound keys for everything else, but not these. Ive checked that they are not bieing used for something else either,it all clear.
Any help much appreciated :)

S

Stonebits

The default is spacebar for afterburner..... e key and c key for up and down....

Which is what I use....

Have you tried these?

How about saving you current config, and then trying the 'reset to default'....

You do know there are several differnt 'tab's on the keymapping screen, thjere are seperate mappings for Vehicle, HUD, umm and some others.... :)

T

throdgrain

Yeah I do, but the spaces for the key names are blank .
I saw the default ones ones in the book after I had turned off my pc last night, so I ll try them tonight.
Tis confusing though :)

Y

Yoni

nice to see you have come back thrody :clap: hope to fight with you / kill you in game soon :p

F

Faeldawn

Keymapping can sometimes get bugged, relog and try again a few times.

M

mid_Efour

you can edit it the config.ini file in wordpad

its a known bug and they are fixing in next patch probably by the weekend

F

Faeldawn

Next patch info m8,. see number 1:

1) Fixed an issue that prevented certain keys from being remapped in the keymapping options.
2) Fixed an issue that prevented ACEs from being deployed after a Combat Engineer dropped from a HART shuttle.
3) The destroyed spawn tube icon will appear on the continental map again.
4) The Jackhammer can be reloaded while in secondary fire mode.
5) Players will no longer fall through the roof of facilities when hotdropping from a Galaxy.
6) Parts of the recent framerate optimizations have been rolled back to assist in determining the cause of the slowdown experienced on some machines.
7) Fixed some crash to desktop issues.
Wraith will not fully uncloak when taking damage.
9) The reticule on the Reaver in missile mode now matches the side the projectile will originate from.
10) Placing multiple mines on the same Z axis is now possible and will not auto deconstruct. For example; placing a mine on the ground of a courtyard, then placing another mine on the catwalk directly above the other mine will not result in the auto deconstruction of the second mine.
11) Attempting to send a tell to a player that is not online will return the correct message in the chat window.

:)

T

throdgrain

Yep I got that now, and all is fixed :)
This auto patching makes valve's efforts look pretty shit to be honest ...

Users who are viewing this thread