XP for frags

M

Manic Miner

Hi,

can anyone tell me how XP for killing people is calculated?

I always thought it would be something to do with how long the player you fragged had been alive or maybe how many players they had fragged.

Last night though I was playing solo, really solo, just me in an almost locked continent at one base with a very nearby tower (mainly mine). About 4 or 5 enemy were trying to get rid of me, but I managed to survive for about an hour (adv hacking very useful). I was getting over 150XP per frag even though there was no one else around for them to kill and often they hadn't spawned for longer than a minute?

It was a great game of cat and mouse, my favourite moment must have been when I only just hacked an equipment terminal at their base to restock up. Four of them surrounded me, and I managed to get back to the equip term and get my MAX AI back on just in time and frag the lot of em. Then returned back to my tower (to find the 5th trying to hack it back) and got back into my normal kit :)

I am interested though in how XP for kills is calculated?

Regards,
Manic Miner
http://myplanetside.station.sony.com/character.jsp?charId=299297&worldId=21

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

As far as I know the time that your victim has been "alive" counts towards the xp you get for a kill.

That's why you get only a couple of xp for a kill when you camp a spawn tube (that must piss DAoC players off.. no camping for teh win...).

B

Belsameth

aye, tube camping nets you 1 XP per kill.
but maybe your own ttl comes into the equasion as well?

M

Maliz-

thought it had to do something with what gear the enemy is using. If I take a MAX unit alone, I get almost 300 xp, and about 150 for reinforced, 70-100 for infils/agile, and not much for a standard armor wearer.

or am I way off (as usual, hehe) :)

F

Faeldawn

As far as im aware 300xp is the maximum solo xp for a frag, and i believe that is on MAX units only.

As has been said, xp is based on the armour that is being worn and the time they have been alive. As far as the number of frags that player has managed when you kill them, im pretty sure that doesnt count towards frag xp.

Sick is usually worth 5xp :)

M

mid_Efour

vehicles i think 600xp + the crew members so another 150xp each thats from magriders anyway 600 might be a bit high? im sure ive seen it one or 2 times

C

Cadire

As far as im aware 300xp is the maximum solo xp for a frag, and i believe that is on MAX units only.

I have slightly more on some Maxs'... around 302 if I remember correctly. When I 'kill' a vehicle I seem to get two lots of XP, one for the vehicle, and one for the driver (or more if they have passengers). Killing an empty vehicle gives nowt as far as I can see.

W

Will

I love those vehicle kills. Last night I was charging about like a nutter on my Basilisk. I ran into a few MAXs, and drove past at high speed, guns blazing. Behind them was a Galaxy loading up with people, so I fired off a burst.

I was very surprised to see the Gal explode, and reward me with five kills.:)

No idea what the XP was, I've stopped even trying to keep count.

P

[PS]Mung

I'm sure I got 350 for a max once.
I was sniping and some other dude was hammering him with a JH.
I got the final shot in, which is a real bugger for the guy who did all the work.
Kerching! 350

P

[PS]Nova

Afaik, the way they work out experience goes on both how long the person has been alive, and as others have said, the equipment they are using - the better your armour, the more exp you will give.

As for getting experience for blowing up a vehicle as well as exp for the driver/passengers, it's not something I have noticed, but then I'm usually trying too hard to stay alive to check..

Also, if you're used to being squadded, the exp for solo kills will seem enormous because it's normally divided between squad members :p

Don't think it goes at all on how many people they've killed since they spawned - and max exp for a MAX (heehee) that I've seen has been about 300 exp too.

W

Will

To throw a fly in the ointment, I was getting 180xp myself for MAX kills in a two man squad.

P

[PS]Nova

Well.. it's normal 1-man exp + 20% then divided by the number of people in the squad so I suppose it's technically possible...

... *thinks* ...

180*2 = 360
360-20% = 300 :p

(unless my maths is very wrong which is entirely possible as I've just woken up and I'm doing the sums in my head :p)

W

Will

I didn't know about the 20%, so that explains that.:)

P

[PS]Nova

Well, I think it's 20% - it was explained somewhere quite awhile ago, and I'm pretty sure it was 20% so it would explain it..

Still, you must have got a pretty good kill to get that much as I believe it's pretty much max you can get for a kill so :clap: well done :p

W

Will

I got plenty of kills with 180XP last night. I think the TR MAXs took long enough to run from the tower to the base to give them the MAX XP, and a few guided rockets to the body and it was all over.:)

I'm glad I dropped Special Assault again to take Anti-Vehicular.

S

SilverHood

I'm sure I got 350 for a max once.
I was sniping and some other dude was hammering him with a JH.
I got the final shot in, which is a real bugger for the guy who did all the work.
Kerching! 350

leech!

Users who are viewing this thread