WoW PvP vids

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Laston said:
asking again :p WHAT DO YOU GET WHEN YOU KILL AN ENEMY FROM TEH OTHER ALLIANCE? :p just wondering :kissit:

Satisfaction

Laston

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
Satisfaction

ie nothing :kissit: what is max level tho? :eek: ive heard there are lvl 75 guards but if your max lvl can you kill all guards?

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Laston said:
ie nothing :kissit: what is max level tho? :eek: ive heard there are lvl 75 guards but if your max lvl can you kill all guards?
Ofcourse it's nothing.

Have we not tried to explain that it's not fully implemented yet? They are working on the entire PvP system at the moment (including rewards/penalties). What's currently in is just the /pvp flag so people can be killed.

This was done so they could check unbalances between the classes. The massive guard system will be toned down when the real PvP system is implemented (according to Blizzard reps).

Tyren said:
The PvP system and especially the "gank" aspect of PvP are currently being worked on.
Tyren said:
We will definitely be providing more info on battlegrounds once we have more substantial and solid information. Right now things change on a day to day basis and to say one thing only to have it changed later on might open the possibility of confusing rather than informing players and that is something we want to avoid as best as possible.

Max level is 60. (just recently available in latest beta patch)

You can get more information here: Clicky

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Deacan said:
People say it looks like shit, yet they have not even played it.
Play it first, you soon see how smooth the thing runs, unlike DAoC.

You can have 40 people in a area and it will still be smooth, and from when i played it, the game looked stunning, with every area being unique, and the artwork is amazing.
Yes I say it looks like dog-poo, no I haven't played it. I really don't care how smooth it runs, 'cus I don't want to spend hours on end lookin' at artwork I think look horrible tbh. My opinion, and it's allowed as you are allowed to have yours, thank you very much.

:p

Laston

Fledgling Freddie
Shrye said:
If they're that much lower level then, why didn't the pala just 1-shot them? (given that someone else mentioned doing damage almost equal to his own hp, on a target same lvl as himself earlier in this thread).

I'm a WoW nqqb btw, ain't meant as sarcasm.

maybe unlike DAoC they dont have a con system? :m00:

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
The core part of our PvP system that really reinforces our team versus team structure is team-based goals. If your team accomplishes certain goals in the world, then everyone that is participating in PvP will gain more honor, which is the currency of worth in player versus player conflict.

Our team-based goals include killing important faction NPCs and controlling contested territory. For example, if players on the Alliance side manage to kill Thrall, the orc warchief in Orgrimmar, then everyone on the Alliance PvP team will earn more honor that day. Battlegrounds work similarly; if you manage to conquer a battleground, then your side will get honor points that will be distributed to everybody. While there are a lot of individual awards for a player, it is always in your best interest to team up with other players in the Alliance or Horde, depending on which side you are on, and accomplish these team-based goals because everybody benefits.

Simply participating in PvP will net you certain rewards such as a title and the right to a special PvP team tabard. As you move up in ranks and participate more in PvP, you'll gain discounts with NPC merchants in your faction and be rewarded with equipment such as cloaks, rings, armor and weapons.

Those PvP players who attain higher ranks and become officers will also get officers' tabards and gain access to special officers' barracks. Inside, you'll be able to buy rare items that can only be used after you gather sufficient honor and rank. Very high-level officers might even gain access to special mounts and items of epic quality.

give euro-beta already :\

Agrophel

Fledgling Freddie
Daoc you pve to get uber stuff

in wow you can PVP or PVE to get uber stuff

End Game in WoW is pvp.

Darac

Fledgling Freddie
"tbh I am looking more forward to Catacombs than WoW atm"

After the farce that was TOA? :)

Slycin

Fledgling Freddie
Does anyone have links to a decent website that has good videos of actual in-game play like these PvP videos? I'd like to see more, WoW looks great atm.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Signups closed ~ 8 weeks ago.

The wait for the beta to start is getting a bit silly.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Slycin said:
Does anyone have links to a decent website that has good videos of actual in-game play like these PvP videos? I'd like to see more, WoW looks great atm.
IGN

There's a few atleast (from various parts of the beta, mind you :p)

Personal favourite is the "Dwarves can't dance" video that's hosted there ;)

Nightchill

Can't get enough of FH
GuildvGuild has a lot of good pvp vids, including high qual ones. Unfortunately you need to register because so many sites were direct linking to them.

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
that... really.. seems.. boring.. looked more like a Quake3 movie or something... Maybe its fun first days... but not in the long run.
I think it needs major changes if ppl shall join for the pvp-part.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Nalistah said:
that... really.. seems.. boring.. looked more like a Quake3 movie or something... Maybe its fun first days... but not in the long run.
I think it needs major changes if ppl shall join for the pvp-part.
Nobody is forcing you to play it :)

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:
IGN

There's a few atleast (from various parts of the beta, mind you :p)

Personal favourite is the "Dwarves can't dance" video that's hosted there ;)

Best vid EVER! :D

Laston

Fledgling Freddie
Whats the name for the second song in the engel badland movie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom