WoW PvP vids

gia

Fledgling Freddie
As someone who doesn't know anything at all about wow, can you give me a brief summary of what the current status is? will there be an open beta? when is the game going live? are there going to be different versions of the game for US/EU and if so what is the current situation on beta/live game for EU?

Where will most eu players go?

Aithe

Fledgling Freddie
Tinu said:
Also think the class is mage and the spell is arcane missile for the guy who wondered.

Thanks, was planning on playing an undead mage anyway ;)

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
Aussie said:
I think i saw a shroom :(

yes !!!!!!! thats what it was ..... !! allso i saw somthing like tha chanters snare pet ...

i remember me beening that drawf pally on camlann ... aka high lvl hero who gets ganked by grey and green chanters

so what those to horde guys did was ... use chanter pet to snare and set up shrooms to kill ....

pfttttttt has to come up with something better than that ...

Cyradix

FH is my second home
gia said:
As someone who doesn't know anything at all about wow, can you give me a brief summary of what the current status is? will there be an open beta? when is the game going live? are there going to be different versions of the game for US/EU and if so what is the current situation on beta/live game for EU?

Where will most eu players go?

The game is still in closed beta in the states.
At the end of the month the EU closed beta will start.

At the moment they are working on talents for the remaining classes, high level content and PvP.

We will get an English, German and French version over here.

Yesterday the stress test ended.
We had a nice little "end of the world" party. :)
30 of us raided orc lands.

PvP in WoW is a bit like RvR in the early days of DAoC.

Big groups facing each other.

Nothing much happening except a few little skirmishes :

Tanks are bored 90% of the time.
Casters throwing pretty fireworks at the opposite side.
Stealthers picking off the lone casters at the back.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Cyradix said:
Tanks are bored 90% of the time.
Casters throwing pretty fireworks at the opposite side.
Stealthers picking off the lone casters at the back.

then stealthers will get nerfed, then casters, then tanks, then casters pwn again...

hmm where did i saw that movie already? :)

Revz

Fledgling Freddie
Rogues play nothing like stealthers in DAoC. For starters when stealthed you move at about 60% of normal speed which makes it very hard to catch people unless you have been waiting for them. There is a recycle time on stealth (about 10 seconds or so) which makes it bad if you screw up your initial attack and there are several items made with the engineering skill which negate stealth too (some kind of goggles). Rogues are much more like their EQ class where they deal lots of damage in melee against PvE targets.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
I think pretty much for those looking to change to a new MMORPG this year, its either going to be EQ2 (for the PvE enclinded) or WoW - all otheres seam to have fallen by the wayside.

Adn my prediction for the following 5 years, will be LoTR or this Star Trek one :)

WoW does not interest me, never played Warcraft looking at the first vid posted its just too colourfull too cartoony (apparently thats what warcraft is according to a guy at work) and it just lookes like an email zerg... EQ2 for me.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Cyradix said:
This game is made for you Tassle!! Lots of fluffy bunnies in the WoW forests.... :D
Bah, I would have tried to get into the Beta if I had just known what was in my computer... I don't though :p

Looking forward to playing with you again when the game finally comes out =)

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Tasslehoff said:
Bah, I would have tried to get into the Beta if I had just known what was in my computer... I don't though :p

Looking forward to playing with you again when the game finally comes out =)

Enjoy this picture in the meantime... ;)

rabbit.jpg

firegird

Fledgling Freddie
Revz said:
Rogues play nothing like stealthers in DAoC. For starters when stealthed you move at about 60% of normal speed which makes it very hard to catch people unless you have been waiting for them. There is a recycle time on stealth (about 10 seconds or so) which makes it bad if you screw up your initial attack and there are several items made with the engineering skill which negate stealth too (some kind of goggles). Rogues are much more like their EQ class where they deal lots of damage in melee against PvE targets.
Ahemm sorry m8 but have you played a daoc stealther?
Looks like exactly the same!Ok we may not have goggles but we have see hidden/TS/stealth lore etc.But the other 2 things look exactly the same if you got no RAs like vanish/MoS etc:)

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Revz said:
Rogues play nothing like stealthers in DAoC. For starters when stealthed you move at about 60% of normal speed which makes it very hard to catch people unless you have been waiting for them. There is a recycle time on stealth (about 10 seconds or so) which makes it bad if you screw up your initial attack...<snip>
*roflmao*

Thanks mate, I needed a good laugh.

Ps. Might want to try playing a stealther in Daoc.

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Doesnt look so good imo. Too messy and cartoony :p

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Belomar said:
Also, the cast speed of that caster in the first video is awful.
It's a Priest :) ( aka, Healer/Cleric )

His heal spells ( mostly Flash Heal ) have fast cast speeds, whereas the damage spells ( Mind Flay for instance ) have longer cast time. Much longer cast times than the mages / warlocks.

Belomar said:
(i.e. not free-for-all Camlann-style PvP, but PvP in frontier-like zones), so I hope WoW nails it down nicely.
Free-for-all won't happen. It's Alliance vs. Horde at all times, and I think the Battlegrounds that they are working on will be somewhat like the frontier zones.

Tinu

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:
Free-for-all won't happen. It's Alliance vs. Horde at all times, and I think the Battlegrounds that they are working on will be somewhat like the frontier zones.

And the info comes from?

Boomeruk

Fledgling Freddie
anyone else think this current pvp system looks like a game of cs/q3?
lots of fast pace running around / strafing / mouselooking ?

at least the fights last longer than daoc's 2 second jobs, but i think on the duo vid it took its to far the opposite way, was falling asleep before the end of one of there fights ;p

Afuldan

Fledgling Freddie
<pre-orders>

If anyone wants a US account with a 50 warden, 50 elf pierce BM, and a 40 sav on mord PST...when it comes out anyway ^^

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Tinu said:
And the info comes from?
Various Blizzard forums and websites. Blizzard themselves are very quiet about battlegrounds at the moment, as usually is the case; they prefer not to give false hopes to people, but rather wait until they've implemented it atleast partially before explaining it in detail.

For example:
Tigole - Blizzard Poster @ 2004-09-08 said:
What's the WoW Dev team up to these days? Well, besides not sleeping, here's a small sampling of the many things we're working on:
<snip>
--PvP reward system
--PvP Battlegrounds
</snip>
That's about as detailed as it gets until it'll arrive in the next beta phase.

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
Quoting Nebu from Blizzard:

-------------------------------------------------------

ome people are confused about player vs. player combat on our faction war server. This isn't our PVP yet. All that happened was being able to attack/target other factions (previously impossible), and the Green/Red/Yellow zone flags.

This is far from complete.... read our original update...

The Horde vs. Alliance race war server will establish a straightforward method for the development team to test and balance the races and classes in a PvP environment. PvP concepts will be gradually introduced on this server. This means that the initial implementation of PvP is not how our final model will work once World of Warcraft is released. This patch includes the fundamental ideas of PvP in order to tune and refine the very foundation of our PvP model.

So we added this just so we can test class balance and faction balance. We'll continue to add minor things, make balance changes, and special rules until the PVP is actually in the game. Until then, don't confuse what we have now with the final "WoW PVP."

Obvious issues....

Low level ganking

Horde vs. Alliance Balance (we'll continue to work on it)

reward, punishment, REASON (besides fun) for pvp

killing of important NPCs (flight guys)

body camping

Thanks for your patience while waiting for changes... The feedback is all making its way to the development team for future changes...

------------------------------------------------------

The only PvP reward system i want is like the one in UO, where u get cash to spend on Faction stuff like upgrading your towns or getting cool looking war horses etc.. tbh dont think id play the PvP the way it looks now, just seems gay to kite people around.

Tinu

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:
Various Blizzard forums and websites. Blizzard themselves are very quiet about battlegrounds at the moment, as usually is the case; they prefer not to give false hopes to people, but rather wait until they've implemented it atleast partially before explaining it in detail.

Sorry for not choosing my quote better. Was wondering where blizzard said they wouldn´t have a full pvp server.
I haven´t read anything that implys that on the forums aswell as pretty many betatesters seems to want one.
Not that it matters much to me tho as i´ll be playing on the AvH server.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom