WoW PvP vids

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Tinu said:
Sorry for not choosing my quote better. Was wondering where blizzard said they wouldn´t have a full pvp server.
I haven´t read anything that implys that on the forums aswell as pretty many betatesters seems to want one.
Not that it matters much to me tho as i´ll be playing on the AvH server.
The "full" PvP server is "The Horde vs. Alliance race war server". It would go against everything WarCraft to have Horde fighting against Horde and Alliance against Alliance.

There is a storyline affecting that choice.

That being said, I can't possibly see into the future, but I seriously doubt they'd go against the FvF principles.

Tinu

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe so, shouldn´t post it as if it was official tho since it aint.
Also that being said, kinda hope ur right bcz that would mean blizzard
wants there game to follow there universe more than hard cash.
Which to me seems kinda far out but i hope ur right, as i said i wont play full pvp.
Reaching a bigger crowd always mean more money.

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Whisperess said:
The "full" PvP server is "The Horde vs. Alliance race war server". It would go against everything WarCraft to have Horde fighting against Horde and Alliance against Alliance.

There is a storyline affecting that choice.

Why? That happened in warcraft 3 and the expansion imo.

Anyway, had a lvl 20 hunter on a pvp server during the stress test...

Currently, pvp is quite extremely flawed, and quite boring too, you spawn near your corpse as a ghost (can spawn as ghost in enemy towns too) but if you want to ressurect instead of running back to your corpse it'll cost you xp - no pvp death thing.

There's a form of face in the game, there's assist in the game, but there is no stick in the game. All in all there's a lot of work to be done with pvp in wow before it's even half decent, currently it's really really crap, from what I experienced.

Oh, and currently the fights are really fast, much faster than daoc - my hunter had about 450 hit points at lvl 20, and could dish about 400 hit points worth of damage out in 10 seconds or less from range, and healing takes a lot of power currently, so while healing would be able to keep up for a bit, a healer would always run oop after only a few seconds long fight - especially considering there's no real mezz or interrupt in the game.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Edlina said:
Currently, pvp is quite extremely flawed, and quite boring too
Seeing as how it isn't really fully implemented, I'd say.... ok, that's your opinion :)

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Lookin at those vids firmens my resolve not to touch that game even with a 10 ft pole! I mean the flashing "Resist" etc. huh... :puke:
Makes it look even more like a beaten up Doonald Duck comic. :kissit:

Oh and I think I've asked in another thread aswell, but call me thick or something... I just don't get why WoW threads have to do here and why they're not located in the off-topic forums... :p

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
no real mezz or interrupt in the game.

Take it you have not been polymorphed, also lots of classes have moves that interrupt spells, like the Shaman instant cast shock spell.

Also fear is a pain in the arse, but at least there is no AEmez.

But the best thing is, say if someone has a high level Druid cast Mark of the wild on them, all you have to do is Purge or dispell it, mwahaha.

Purge > buff :)

Joe_Soap

Fledgling Freddie
Ive always played the part of the anti-Wowistehfutuerandtehbestdaocispwned

i love the art of the scenery i hate the cartoon chars but the biggest thing thats put me off is the vids of the PvP, CS all over again. also been talking to peeps who were in the beta. 9 classes (i could be wrong) but being able to max all your skills? everyone is going to be the same...

i hope im wrong....

Laston

Fledgling Freddie
Boomeruk said:
anyone else think this current pvp system looks like a game of cs/q3?
lots of fast pace running around / strafing / mouselooking ?

at least the fights last longer than daoc's 2 second jobs, but i think on the duo vid it took its to far the opposite way, was falling asleep before the end of one of there fights ;p

the reason it took so long is beacuse they are much lower level than the paladin ;)

what do you get when you kill someone anyway?

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
Laston said:
the reason it took so long is beacuse they are much lower level than the paladin ;)

what do you get when you kill someone anyway?

If they're that much lower level then, why didn't the pala just 1-shot them? (given that someone else mentioned doing damage almost equal to his own hp, on a target same lvl as himself earlier in this thread).

I'm a WoW nqqb btw, ain't meant as sarcasm.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Havent played WoW beta also but I think those 2 Orcs "crippled" the dwarf (decreased attack speed, attack damage and walking speed or something like that) and so the dwarf has a hard time taking swings at them but you can clearly see the orcs HP dropping by 1/2 once he gets somekind of stun off (stormbolt?) on that Orc.
And looked like those Orc casters are somekind of Animist related as they had turrets or something shooting fire bolts at the dwarf, looked like a nice class though the one the Orc was playing.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
yup, the shaman has totems that decrease enemy speed, boost your defence, etc etc....

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Joe_Soap said:
but being able to max all your skills? everyone is going to be the same...
Nope, they won't.

Yes - you are able to max all your skills. Doing so is not cheap though, what with for instance the mage having around 35-40 spells, all costing several gold each to max.

It is quite possible to do so though.

However, here's where Talents kick in. You are limited to 51 talent points to spend on three different talent trees (think Diablo 2).

Here's a calculator for it (using current patch info ofc), so you can see for yourself that it's not possible to cap everything to the best of it's powers:
Clicky

Treon

Fledgling Freddie
That game looks like shit! Seems like Daoc is still gonna be the best game

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Shrye said:
If they're that much lower level then, why didn't the pala just 1-shot them? (given that someone else mentioned doing damage almost equal to his own hp, on a target same lvl as himself earlier in this thread).

I'm a WoW nqqb btw, ain't meant as sarcasm.

That Paladin was saving mana to heal himself(melee styles cost mana for paladins and hunters). Each class has two bars: Health and mana/stamina/rage. I think only the rogue uses stamina. Warriors and shapeshifted-druids uses rage(you hit unstyled to build up the rage bar, then you can use styles). afaik all of the other classes use mana, didn't try them all though :p

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
People say it looks like shit, yet they have not even played it.
Play it first, you soon see how smooth the thing runs, unlike DAoC.

You can have 40 people in a area and it will still be smooth, and from when i played it, the game looked stunning, with every area being unique, and the artwork is amazing.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
I didn't like the graphic either. Seeing them in a video or via screenshot isn't the same as actually playing.

Just wait till open beta and give it a try.

Boogyman

Fledgling Freddie
gimpchimp said:
I am fairly sure that there is a much longer Hammertime video somewhere.

Yeah there is on fileplanet, but nothing new there, just 10x more orcs =)

mts

Fledgling Freddie
mts said:
here is another pvp movie:

http://media.guildvsguild.com/media/wow/AdvSetz&Plexxv2.avi

dont think it has been posted here yet, but if it has, so sorry :eek:

btw this vid is pretty good and gives a good image of wow pvp atm. it runs for 12:37 and is nice qual, but kinda big (180~ ish megs).

can't really judge wow pvp atm tho because it's far from finished and blizzard have said so themselves.. i think it's alot of fun tho. no more /stick is luberly.

Laston

Fledgling Freddie
Shrye said:
Hmm, another question - what's the buff system like?

might have been mentioned allready but all buff spells can be dispelled so no BBs for j00 :D

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Deacan said:
People say it looks like shit, yet they have not even played it.
Play it first, you soon see how smooth the thing runs, unlike DAoC.

You can have 40 people in a area and it will still be smooth, and from when i played it, the game looked stunning, with every area being unique, and the artwork is amazing.
I don't understand people who say it looks like shit either, bit hard to judge from screenshots and low-rez vids only. (Daoc looks awful in screenshots tbh).

As for the "it's too cartoony!!! I'm pretending to be l33t ffs!!!11" comments (ok, slightly exaggerated :p) - it's World of Warcraft. That's what it's supposed to look like; don't like it? don't play it.

gimpchimp

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, Blizzard are going to revamp the PvP system, as well as include both punishments and rewards.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Cyradix said:
I didn't like the graphic either. Seeing them in a video or via screenshot isn't the same as actually playing.

Exactly. I didn't like the screenshots, looks like a disney cartoon which I'm 100% not interested in.
But there's something different when you play the game, the world around you feels alive and you can overlook the cute graphics. Undead are the ugliest race ever and definately not for kids :p

Laston

Fledgling Freddie
asking again :p WHAT DO YOU GET WHEN YOU KILL AN ENEMY FROM TEH OTHER ALLIANCE? :p just wondering :kissit:

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Laston said:
asking again :p WHAT DO YOU GET WHEN YOU KILL AN ENEMY FROM TEH OTHER ALLIANCE? :p just wondering :kissit:

Nothing atm!!

They are still working on the PvP system so the reward system is still in development....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom