WoW PvP vids

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
For those interested in WoW PvP, some movies are coming out. Not the best quality/content yet, but it's still in beta!

NurfedDS1 | probably what a typical fight will be like

engel_montel_badlands | Orc and Troll duo take on solo enemies. Long fights using cheap tactics :p

TM_Masacre4 | Feels more like a promo-vid, some random fights

I'd guess in the first few months after release, there will be lots of opportunities to find and fight solo players. Like the Yggdra fights in daoc. After that, you'll need to start running in opted fg!

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm... i can see that theres alot of cs players in wow - tons of running in circles and spamjumping. The lack of /stick is gonna hurt pvp, seems almost impossible to follow someone that runs around like in the Engel/Montel vid, look at the poor dwarf as he struggles to get to grips with them, only landing a few hits now and then.

Cyfr

Banned
nice but the game will be really shit if they dont make the cursor an arrow instead of some gay hand..

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
i realy hope they do alot of major changes to the PvP system befor the release

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Looks kind of cool, but with no background knowledge of the game, it looks very chaotic and I don't really understand the flow of the battle. Also, the cast speed of that caster in the first video is awful. I'll have to wait and see for the final game before passing a verdict, but after having played DAoC, I can't really see myself enjoying a game without a controlled PvP component (i.e. not free-for-all Camlann-style PvP, but PvP in frontier-like zones), so I hope WoW nails it down nicely.

Xplo

Banned
Nerf that dorf pally holding out so long o_O

btw there is a stick component, just doubleclick a target i thought?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
no /stick or /assist?? WOHOOO!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

hope they never EVER implement that kind of shit! EVER!!!

/edit:
/shrug, o well, no /assist is atleast something...

Macke

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe have to use same tactic you do in EQ pvp.

Take slowest 2h and "joust", run to opponent hit attack run past and wait turn when time is right :)

I loved daoc with stick etc when I came from EQ I really hope wow turn out to be the same.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Escape said:
I'd guess in the first few months after release, there will be lots of opportunities to find and fight solo players. Like the Yggdra fights in daoc. After that, you'll need to start running in opted fg!

seriously hope this game isnt gonna turn into yet another DAoC FOTM opted FG for teh win here....

hope Blizzard will be smart enuff not to have any class thats more "needed" then others...

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Looks kind of cool, but with no background knowledge of the game, it looks very chaotic and I don't really understand the flow of the battle. Also, the cast speed of that caster in the first video is awful. I'll have to wait and see for the final game before passing a verdict, but after having played DAoC, I can't really see myself enjoying a game without a controlled PvP component (i.e. not free-for-all Camlann-style PvP, but PvP in frontier-like zones), so I hope WoW nails it down nicely.

wow pvp servers are still alliance vs horde. The difference is that both sides can get in theory get to any part of the others realm, if they want to/are strong enough. Atleast thats how I understand it, so if I am correct its sort of daoc without the borderkeeps.
Also there are normal keeps just have no clue what the pvp rules are on those servers :(.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
They are still working on the PvP part.

I play on a normal server and yesterday a few smelly alliance guys made it all the way to our nice little newbie undead town....
They could not enter because of the lvl 75 guards, but they had no trouble nuking us exp'ing corpses ;)

Later we beat them at a dance contest :D

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Cyradix said:
They are still working on the PvP part.

I play on a normal server and yesterday a few smelly alliance guys made it all the way to our nice little newbie undead town....
They could not enter because of the lvl 75 guards, but they had no trouble nuking us exp'ing corpses ;)

Later we beat them at a dance contest :D
Give me the cd key Taromas! :p

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Tasslehoff said:
Give me the cd key Taromas! :p

This game is made for you Tassle!! Lots of fluffy bunnies in the WoW forests.... :D

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
The whole PvP system is under review so expect some changes. Would be pretty pointless if it went live like this.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
I am either going to play a Tauren Warrior or a Gnome Rogue. I really would rather play the Warrior because it's a lonely life being a stealther, but looking at these vids it seems Tauren make rather large targets. I wouldn't want to play any other Horde race... except in these vids the shambling Trolls do look rather cool....

Tilda

Belo;

On a "normal" server, you can just about get anywhere.
This is the server I play on, and i believe it is not a PvP server. (It was one of the ones without the crossed swords by the server name, which I took to mean it was a PvP server.)
I'll try and explain -
On one island, theres the hoard noobie zones and as you move up, you get to the hoard epic zones and then theres the elven(alliance) areas.
On the other island at the top theres the undead(hoard) areas. Then as you move down, some alliance epic zones, the alliance noobie zones, more epic zones and a randon port at the bottom.

As a hoard person, you can airship or boat to 3(I think) points on the alliance island, the port at the bottom, an outpost mid way through the epic zones and, the undead zones.
Most areas have guards, varieing(sp) from lvl 35 up to lvl 75. It is possible to work you way up the alliance island into the alliace loobie zones. From there, you can either attack an NPC which flags you as PvP and you can attack everybody, or you can type /pvp which flags you as pvp but you have to wait for someone to attack you first.
I as a lvl 15 warlock went up from the port into the alliances areas, the Elwynn forest and the abbey. The PvP was ok, it was mainly ganking those who attacked me, and te odd loobie, but it was on the whole pretty fun. It is possible to get into the lowest areas, but all the towns and outposts etc have guards, so basicly you have to steer well clear of them or you die ;)
Its kinda like daoc home invasion (ie you can get passed the boarder keeps if your high enough/sneek past the guards)

From what I have heard, the PvP server is like this, but you can also kill the people on your "team" ie hoard can kill hoard.

Tilda

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
I am either going to play a Tauren Warrior or a Gnome Rogue. I really would rather play the Warrior because it's a lonely life being a stealther, but looking at these vids it seems Tauren make rather large targets. I wouldn't want to play any other Horde race... except in these vids the shambling Trolls do look rather cool....

Someone wasn't gonna play another game like this :p

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
The pvp servers are fraction v fraction, so Horde can't kill other Horde members.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
From what I read, the pvp servers won't have the flag system. Once you leave the lowbie area(lv20+), all of your XP is done in the "frontier" zones. You can expect groups lots of pvp while you level up.

It won't be as messy as Camlann, as it's not "everyone Vs everyone". High level groups will probably patrol XP zones to keep out invaders and so on. I wouldn't be surprised if an RP system is added, there needs to be some reward for pvp kills.

btw, you can /assist but you need to target your MA, and then /assist him to get his target. There might be a way to bind the macro to someone, but I didn't experiment with the macro system. You can /follow allies too, but not mobs. No idea if it works in pvp.

I'm thinking of playing an undead rogue... should be fun in pvp :p

Revz

Fledgling Freddie
Provided you can survive being attacked by the NPCs you can go absolutely anywhere in the world. Myself and Yussef (as a level 30 rogue/warrior combo) visited the Wailing Caverns (level 15-20 Horde equivalent of Alliance Dead Mines). We tried attacking NPCs in the towns around the area in order to set ourselves up for some low level ganking but sadly it didn't work like that. The Horde characters actually had to attack us in order for us to be able to attack them. So while we flagged ourselves as targets by hitting NPCs we still couldn't engage in PvP if they didn't want to. I think this is an excellent way to do it.

Furthermore we were able to go right through the Wailing Caverns and into the instanced part, doing all of the Horde related quests there. It is such a better idea than DAoC because the entire world gets used by everyone and your carefully crafted content is fully consumed.

Aithe

Fledgling Freddie
what class is the guy who is sending all those white bolts after the little guy at about 3:05 in the first movie? i want to be that class :eek:

Cyfr

Banned
No! Don't add an rp system, let people pvp without reward, fucktards won't join WoW then :p

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
Elahim said:
I think that looks like shit tbh :(

Word. I might give it a go if they modify the pvp system. All the eye candy makes me sick tho :p

Tinu

Fledgling Freddie
Blizzard devs has said they are working on a pvp reward system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom