Worth coming back?

Gustav

One of Freddy's beloved
Thinking of renewing for a laugh. I don't want to have to go through a massive grind to bring old Gustav le Hunter up to scratch. So a few questions...(I am getting LAB)

1) Is it hard to get CL10?
2) Whats with the new armor and weapon crafting system? 99% as good as MP? New slots? New Procs? Do tell...
3) How populated is the server?
4) Whats with the new doggy and archery system? Should I stay as melee or go bow?
5) Whats with the new BP trade ins? I have over 140k+ of bounty points.
6) Feel free to add anything you think of in terms of info...the more the merrier.

Thanks in advance you gimps...missed most of you (even that Horner weirdo) and especially missed my guildies...you know who you are.

Gustav Hunter

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Hi Gus :)

CL xp goes fast if you have Labyrinth and/or do the quest chain. There are some steps you will need duo or more for. At CL6 (if you have Labyrinth) you can equip an extra slot with a widget for various effects. I wouldn't say the abilities are that strong, but they do add some very nice and welcome variation to chars. Depending on when you quit, there will be differening amounts of new content. Labyrinth didn't really bring much new content, but has some nice things in it. DR has some very fun stuff in it though and I thoroughly enjoyed what I've played of it so far. Player mounts at last, great stuff. Actually, the mount implementation scores over the likes of WoW fluff-wise as you can create a look for your mount with greater customisation. No flying mounts yet though ;)

Population is low. The community itself seems as good as ever (having recently returned myself), albeit somewhat smaller. There's still whine, flames, tears and snot. All is well with the world.

Don't know archer stuff.

Not seen much for BPs thats been exciting other than direct RvR stuff, house-rent or totems. Some nice stuff coming next patch if I've got it right as you will be able to buy MLs.

You can craft every profession on a single char now. This I like :D

Ixnay

Can't get enough of FH
Stay away your Canadian/Scottish mix breed thingy!

koxi

One of Freddy's beloved
Why all these questions.. just get your blue arse back in game and find out imo! =)

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
1) Is it hard to get CL10?
2) Whats with the new armor and weapon crafting system? 99% as good as MP? New slots? New Procs? Do tell...
3) How populated is the server?
4) Whats with the new doggy and archery system? Should I stay as melee or go bow?
5) Whats with the new BP trade ins? I have over 140k+ of bounty points.
6) Feel free to add anything you think of in terms of info...the more the merrier.

1) Its not harder to get from CL5 to CL10 than it was to get from CL0 to CL5. Infact its probably easier because of the (entirely optional) laby quests.

2) All lvl 51 armour can now have the max 37.5 imbue points on it. You can also get new Sigil armour which has an additional fixed bonus. More information can be found here.

3) The Population is bad. I no longer play on the UK cluster however I do know that it rarely goes above 600 people total and midgard recently got the underpopulated bonus and has around 20% of the population logged in. Albs make up about half the server pop.

4) The archery changes come in 1.88 which hasn't hit EU yet. Mixed messages from people who play the US but they all seem to agree that you will start finding groups of archers insta killing anything that comes in range of the tower/bridge they are camping.

5) This is also next patch (1.88) You can spend your bp on arti credit, arti scrolls, ML and a few really nice bits of jewerly as well as the standard potions that we can already get. You can also use BP to buy Champion level or Master level exp. You can't trade the BP stuff though.

6) Currently block rate is screwed. They removed the penalties for blocking against DW as well as a few other things and it does mean certain classes block a stupid amount. Next patch they put in a blocking cap.

Bonedancers and necros are silly.

You will need to get some mythrians. These can be quite expensive although if you know the right spots its not too hard to farm and make loads of money. You will want a safe fall mythrian (even the weakest one halves your fall damage), a hit point regen mythrian is also useful but expensive to get a good one. You can also experiment with some of the resist ones etc

Hope this helps.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
I forgot to add the most important bit. You can now craft frigging über hats (that are level 51 and able to be fully imbued in any material). Nothing better than killing someone wearing a jesters hat.

Djib

Fledgling Freddie
OMG Fagstav!!

Told you enough time alrdy to get back online and playing, still plenty of people playing...cl10 will be a doddle if u zerg with me :D You can work out the rest as you go along!

Missed ya you old fart!!

K

Kaburn

Banned
ya come play a shit game with the rest of the idiots fucking fairys.

Old Nicodemus

Loyal Freddie
ya come play a shit game with the rest of the idiots fucking fairys.

My my you really are the eloquent one.. perhaps if you laid off the smarties and paid attention in class you might make a decent human being.. but then again I doubt it.. hard to improve an amoeba such as yourself from the primordial ooze you slopped out of.

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
lab isnt so desperately needed like most of addons so far.
personally dont have it, dunno if get some nice day yet thou.

arties alott easier, ml steps easier but lack of peeps and its nearly equall.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Did I see Sheikh Yabooty on here? I had a double-take moment.

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
/starts the "come back gussy" campaign :fluffle:

oh and a B I G wave to svartypops :fluffle:

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
ToA: Next patch(1.88 in a couple of weeks) you can buy every artifact encounter, scrolls and masterlevel encounter - from bounty points. You can buy XP from bounty points too so CL10 should be pretty fast. Leveling artifacts can be done in a couple of hours and all artifacts don't have a certain "mob" requirement.
DR: CL1-5 is pretty straight forward, nice Champ Weapons, mounts and a couple of nice items from the quest-chain. Almost everything can be earned from RvR.
LotM: new class, new fluff, nothing huge

Most stuff can be achieved with less then a full group.

Getting back and "competitive" shouldn't be that hard for even the casual player, even I'm starting up again :) Thought I was gone for good, but here I am - back at FH :p

Only problem atm is Dyvet-cluster population...and a trigger-happy GM :(

devaline

Fledgling Freddie
Come back gust!!! we missed u in CC :twak: .You will get cl 10 in no time if u rvr a lot, and for the bp thing ,it will be up on next patch and yes 99% armor parts are like 100% ones for the sc imbue
/wave

Djib

Fledgling Freddie
Lol

Did I see Sheikh Yabooty on here? I had a double-take moment.

Hey Svartalf, long time...and yes, check Koxi's pic and you will see Sheikh Yerbouty :) Tho u shouldnt admit to recongnising that guy, shows yer age :)

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
if you are lucky/unlucky (depending on view :D ) u might see a RR9 SB ingame soon aswell :D

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
what is this? they opened the gates free from the retierment home? :p

gustav, nicodemus, roo, svartalf and prudil all posting in the same thread.. its like.. we have gone 3 - 4 years back in time.. :p

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Hey Svartalf, long time...and yes, check Koxi's pic and you will see Sheikh Yerbouty :) Tho u shouldnt admit to recongnising that guy, shows yer age :)

:D I think we're all kinda old now... relatively speaking, of course!

Tip

One of Freddy's beloved
what is this? they opened the gates free from the retierment home? :p

gustav, nicodemus, roo, svartalf and prudil all posting in the same thread.. its like.. we have gone 3 - 4 years back in time.. :p

I better get our stealther crew back together then too :)

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I think it's just one of those things with DAOC. It's the only one of the mmo's ive played that hasnt been uninstalled yet. Logged in yesterday for the first time in about 9 months, bit sad to only see 500 total online :(

Nothings come close to that rvr buzz :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom