World of Warcraft

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Never been ganked in my life but then I don't play on PvP ruleset servers (which do tend to attract retards)

Gray

FH is my second home
Been enjoying it so far upto now on my warrior tank. Got geared up nicely and set for heroics.

The normal instances are fun, though its not so much the bosses which are a problem, more so the trash. Went on a 4/5 guild run to our first heroic last night, obviously we had to have a pug who was our healer. NOoo.

Had so many issues even with crowd control, but it wasnt a "bang your head against a brick wall" annoyance, but more like "wow, this is time consuming - but im having fun!".

Eventually the healer hit a brick wall so we brought in another guildy and it was flawlessly from there-on-in. Finally glad they hotfixed the Jewelcrafting bug that was plaguing a lot of people.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah, it feels as though it's going back to its roots, a bit with crowd control important again. You can't just AOE the crap out of everything and some of the trash packs will punish you hard if you try.

Too many healers are still just using their small heals, previously you could cast the smallest heals without ever worrying about mana, which worked in WOTLK heroics. Now you have to mix it up and try to conserve your mana too.

Should ding 85 tonight and I have still only done Archaeology and dungeons :) Ching ching soon when I clear all the quests.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
dont play on a PvP server if you dont want to be ganked then :p

the option is there ya know ;) and you can still PvP in BG's or even in open warfare but you gotta flag yourself for PvP...then you can get ganked :p

play on Kor'gall for my sins, when my sub is active, which is PVP server.
ganking isnt really an issue, does happen a bit but mostly its live and let live.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i played on bladefist before transfering to Emerald Dream and it was a nightmare, anywhere there were people there were gankers

much prefer the normal ruleset tbh :p

Aada

Part of the furniture
Gotta love the Festive seasons made 1000g so far today selling Small Eggs :)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Gotta love the Festive seasons made 1000g so far today selling Small Eggs :)

It's really shocking how much money you can make due to the absolute laziness of people. Small eggs must be one of the easiest items to get. Leave Darnassus, kill a bird, done :p

Oh and Ding 85 last night :p

Aada

Part of the furniture
It's really shocking how much money you can make due to the absolute laziness of people. Small eggs must be one of the easiest items to get. Leave Darnassus, kill a bird, done :p

Oh and Ding 85 last night :p

well yesterday by 10pm I ended up making 2100g in total amazing really just for a couple of hours farming eggs.

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
in Wow in how many golds you think yourseld rich ?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
50k or so probably. Its easy to make a few thousand a day.

A few guildies have several hundreds of thousands in gold but they like to play the auction house, there are masses of commodities to be bought and sold if you can be bothered, buy low, sell high etc.

Personally I don't see the point, I have all the gathering professions (you don't just buy materials from an NPC) so I either make my own stuff or get guildies to make it. I tend to not collect much money but then I don't really spend it anyway. What I do spend is on pointless stuff like pets and collectables.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
depends on what you want to do with it i suppose

it costs approx 4000g to learn artisan riding (lvl 70 lets you fly slightly faster flying mounts) and another 4000g to learn master riding (lets you fly all flying mounts) but on the other hand as most items will be gotten from dungeons/raids/quests money is mostly needed for upgrades like gems, crafting etc (at least from my perspective!)

Aada

Part of the furniture
My gf has well over 50k spread across characters on different servers.

She pretty much picks up anything and sells it, she enjoys playing the auction house it's not uncommon for her to make 3-5k a day if she plays the auction house all day.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
it can be quite addictive, also if you are not interested in crafting you can make butt loads of cash with two gatherer proffesions (i usually combine mining and skinning as when i started herbalism wasnt worth it, heard theres a lot of cash in it nowadays though!)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
What do 12 million subscribers see in WoW?

Is the PvP that immense? Cos surely all these people cant be playing PvE constantly?

If you can't beat 'em. Join 'em.

Whats all the fuss about?

The PvE is done really well thats the thing :) so yes people are indeed pve'ing alot its not like daoc was where you could get a buffbot and just go faceroll anything more or less daoc you actually need raid groups or smaller groups to do things and doing difficult things with 24 other people feels good.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Raiding is awesome sauce if you can do it with a group of people you like. Can't see the attraction of doing it with people you don't like though...most of the top "realm first" guild members hate each other, its hilarious when they publicly fall out :)

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
guyz and something else.

Is there any pling ways on Wow ?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Sort of, dungeon boosting. Ie, getting a higher level person to take you through dungeons. Silly though as you would miss out on the levelling, which is a blast.

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
Sort of, dungeon boosting. Ie, getting a higher level person to take you through dungeons. Silly though as you would miss out on the levelling, which is a blast.

ye indeed. i dont like pling ways tbh.

one of the main reasons that Daoc is shit for new players.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
another way if you can afford it is buy 1x WoW account (or if you already have one) then send a refer a friend to yourself and make a second WoW account and pay the 10 euro upgrade to vanilla only then make 2x level 1 characters and go quest etc with both in grp you get 300% more xp :p once you get to 11 or so you can get a high level to boost you in instances for mega fast xp, i was able to do 1-60 in 12 hours using RAF + a third account powerleveling myself.

Aada

Part of the furniture
another way if you can afford it is buy 1x WoW account (or if you already have one) then send a refer a friend to yourself and make a second WoW account and pay the 10 euro upgrade to vanilla only then make 2x level 1 characters and go quest etc with both in grp you get 300% more xp :p once you get to 11 or so you can get a high level to boost you in instances for mega fast xp, i was able to do 1-60 in 12 hours using RAF + a third account powerleveling myself.

Very boring way to level.

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
and final question :p.

you have to buy all the expansions etc ?

and the payment per month is still 15 euros per acc ?

Helme

Resident Freddy
and final question :p.

you have to buy all the expansions etc ?

and the payment per month is still 15 euros per acc ?
Don't have to buy all expansions. I would recommend only getting the original game at first, then buy the expansions as they are needed(level 60-70, 70-80, 80-85).

The only thing the expansions offers to new players is the new races like Worgen or Blood Elf. You also can't be a Death Knight without Wrath of the Lich King, but that shouldn't be a real issue since you can't roll one unless you already have a level 55+ character on the account.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Shadowfang Keep was one of the few things I rly rly remember as "being awesome" from my days of WoW (release date plus 6 following months).

They've changed it a bit and ramped up the difficulty level a few notches. One of the hardest fights for my group's setup so far but we managed to clear it.

pikeh

Resident Freddy

Triple XP + a level 80 taking you through level relevant dungeons is super fast. I guess in cata you want to discover all the new changes and quests though.

I dont think I would have even got 80 if I hadn't got triple xp.

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
For those that haven't bought Cataclysm (like me), Blizzard are doing a 10 day free trial.

You need have Wrath activated on the account. Doesn't matter if you have an active sub or not.

You need a character of at least 78 to activate.

If you play your 80, you can't get to 81, but can get to something like 1xp short of levelling. You'll be able to create Goblin or Worgen if you want.

Just go to your Blizzard account, and activate the 10 day free trial. (Run the launcher first and download everything though.)

Dunno if it's any use to anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom