Wooo, my first whine thread ever. \o/

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Noxydawn said:
haha.. yeah sure my reasons are original.. but still stop whine.. its a game.. if you can't accept that i buffsheared you then you shouldn't be playing at all, becuase whatever you may say or think, your not in position to say what i should do or not... now stop your childish attitude and learn to accept it that i buffsheared the hell out of you... how hard can it be to die, release, rebuff, go back? and no i weren't frustrated at not catching you, i was having a laugh at you wasting testudo instead of sit down and die..

Now enough of pointless arguements... bring it on ingame instead.

kinda hard to "waste" testudo as a solo warrior xD

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Coldbeard said:
I recommend you reread this thread, because my inital point was not about buffshear in general, it was about the fact that some people shear someone's buff just so that person have to go all back and rebuff, basically just to ruin the fun for others.

Then my point was if you want to go back for buffs everytime you lose one then why oh why go all the way to some place where it takes you 10+ minutes to get to when you know theres a chance to lose your buffs if you think you are so dependant on your buffs.
Because it seems you don't like any other option I gave you.

Septina said:
Obviously you've never heard of a little something called respect to others.
Neither side gains anything at all from just buffshearing a soloer in his oh so mighty fg and then just leaving him.
But i guess the most fun in this game for you is being a total prick towards others and ruining their fun.

Oh contraire, you do gain things from shearing people, they have to go back or suicide which means they have to leave the zone I RvR in which equals less time for them to potential screw my fights.
And yes I play for fun (omg such a cliché comment, I know, make a funneh about it) and if someone has a different playing style that clashes with mine (which alot of people don't seem to understand as there is no middle road) I have 2 choices, ruin his fun, go Ghandi style and let him ruin my fun the entire evening, quite obvious which one I pick then.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
could be worse. I have SH's sister guild Stealing Warefare on hibernia buffing me with a just couple of buffs with their bot (while im buffing up myself) so they can remove them 5 mins later when im out RVR'ing.

Nice guys though irl!

Just a Game!

Doesnt say in the rule book you cant be a prick!

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Andrilyn said:
Oh contraire, you do gain things from shearing people, they have to go back or suicide which means they have to leave the zone I RvR in which equals less time for them to potential screw my fights.

If you can't speak french, better don't try.....or maybe it's some language I don't know.

And yes, Coldbeard is a known adder and zerger, so shearing him so he has to suicide will get you less adds, defo.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Andrilyn said:
Then my point was if you want to go back for buffs everytime you lose one then why oh why go all the way to some place where it takes you 10+ minutes to get to when you know theres a chance to lose your buffs if you think you are so dependant on your buffs.
Because it seems you don't like any other option I gave you.

And yes I play for fun (omg such a cliché comment, I know, make a funneh about it) and if someone has a different playing style that clashes with mine (which alot of people don't seem to understand as there is no middle road) I have 2 choices, ruin his fun, go Ghandi style and let him ruin my fun the entire evening, quite obvious which one I pick then.

o_O

So, you would say that buffshearing people so they have to go back for buffs is to prevent people from screwing up your fight? I'd say its more likely that people screw up your fights if you'd give them that treatment.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Coldbeard said:
o_O

So, you would say that buffshearing people so they have to go back for buffs is to prevent people from screwing up your fight? I'd say its more likely that people screw up your fights if you'd give them that treatment.

I think you fail to see the logic in his reply... but tbh so do I :(

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Andrilyn said:

- Your point fails on the part of just shearing. If people in your rvr zone annoy you so much, just kill them. Shearing them and then leaving it behind is just trying to be funny.
- Who are you to decide that there is no middle road?
- 2 choice's?
1. ruin his fun
2. leave him and ruin your fun, somehow.
3. yet there's a 3rd option, if you leave him, he might leave you.

Don't be so black and white about this. Everyone is trying to enjoy this game, but if beeing an total ass**** is fun/good for you, by all means enjoy the game.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
censi said:
I have SH's sister guild Stealing Warefare on hibernia buffing me with a just couple of buffs with their bot (while im buffing up myself) so they can remove them 5 mins later when im out RVR'ing.
ROFL. That's actually quite intentive. ;)

Seriously, though, now that you have given recognition to their behavior, they won.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
btw Andri, there is one more thing I wanted to say.

Imo it's rather fun how you try to find excuses for what you're doing, yet why should you? I think everyone knows the "you pay your subs" argument, yet you try to legitimate your actions by telling all the blabla about you not wanting them to add on your fights. So if you ask me you know exactly how lame it is and still try to find excuses here.

Why not just admit you just play for pissing off these people, cause obviously you delight in it? I mean how far can it get if someone plays for having fun when other people get pissed off?

If I don't like someone I kill him straight up, done. People like Sopan or Sharpness who zerg and then QQ if you zerg them down, but letting someone naked in the middle of some far away place just sux balls.

P.S: It's 8am in the morning.....I wanna sleep but I must wait....but I wanted to get that off =)

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
Yep, FG inc /sit and they buffshear, nearsight, debuff and nuke and tanks try get last hit in - Welcome to the world of a visable soloer.

xsa15

Fledgling Freddie
Shearing and leaving soloers is something even RR dont do, congratulations on reaching a new low.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Tuthmes said:
- Your point fails on the part of just shearing. If people in your rvr zone annoy you so much, just kill them. Shearing them and then leaving it behind is just trying to be funny.
- Who are you to decide that there is no middle road?
- 2 choice's?
1. ruin his fun
2. leave him and ruin your fun, somehow.
3. yet there's a 3rd option, if you leave him, he might leave you.

Don't be so black and white about this. Everyone is trying to enjoy this game, but if beeing an total ass**** is fun/good for you, by all means enjoy the game.

Let me give you a hypothetical situation, person A goes out solo, and his playing style is that he wants to solo and test his "skills" against other solo'ers (hope it's still clear to this point for you).
Person B forms a group of 3-4 people, Person B has a "if it's red it's dead" playing style.
Person A meets Person B, guess you already know whats going to happen now.

Now Person A can go out again, gets killed again by Person B's group over and over again or Person A can force person B to go away by certain legal actions in game.
Like I said I can go Ghandi style and just let them ruin my fun over and over again or I can force them to alter their playing style, either way It's a win/win situation for me, hench why I talked about the different playing styles clashing with eachother in which case you can accept that and let your evening be ruined or do something about it (which "might" ruin their evening but I can live with that).
Therefor your 3rd option is not valid, Person A can't leave Person B as Person B wont let him.

liloe said:

Imo it's rather fun how you try to find excuses for what you're doing, yet why should you? I think everyone knows the "you pay your subs" argument, yet you try to legitimate your actions by telling all the blabla about you not wanting them to add on your fights. So if you ask me you know exactly how lame it is and still try to find excuses here.

Why not just admit you just play for pissing off these people, cause obviously you delight in it? I mean how far can it get if someone plays for having fun when other people get pissed off?

If I don't like someone I kill him straight up, done. People like Sopan or Sharpness who zerg and then QQ if you zerg them down, but letting someone naked in the middle of some far away place just sux balls.

P.S: It's 8am in the morning.....I wanna sleep but I must wait....but I wanted to get that off =)

About your earlier statement that I don't respect people I disagree with that seeing as I don't go out and insult people that play different than me or when they "add" or "leech" unlike some people, I merely take actions to enhance my fun.
If my actions force people to "add" then it's just justifying my way of playing does it not?
I wont keep a blackbook for stealthers, whenever someone pops infront of me I don't have time to check those names either act or have another potential fight being ruined by that person.

It might sound very black and white but that's how it is according to me and like I said if this forces people to add on my fight that just justifies my actions to generalise all stealthers, which alot of hypocrits here on FH wont agree with.
People kill casters in "the solo zone" just because they are casters, people kill solo Warlocks/Bainshee's/Sorcs just because they are found "lame" yet when I say I kill/shear stealthers a little alarm clock goes off in peoples heads telling them I am the evil one yet they do exactly the same maybe in a different context but still.

To me it's just like that if someone takes your candy away you can either take it back or keep on crying, think it's quite obvious which one I would pick.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
I just have to say that independent of the situation buff shearing gets you rps if the person gets killed. I solo a couple of times with cleric and whenever i can ill buff shear and stun everyone i can

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Wrong And, you fail to see my point. If you want to kill stealthers cause you think they're as lame as bainshees/bd's/warlocks/whatever.. then feel free to, that's not what I'm arguing about.

Who says that you have to keep a blackbook of stealthers? If one pops on you during a fg fight, act and kill him. Even then it shouldn't be that hard to catch his name afterwards, but anyways, that again is not the point.

The point is, that to maintain your fun you do stuff to people that's way out of order and not needed at all. If you leave someone at 5% with CL dis, then just finish the job, what's so hard about it?

I'm not talking about the CoC, being able how you want to play, paying your subs and all that stuff, I'm talking about a little general behaviour. I'm not leaving someones last building in a RTS game so I can delight in how he lost, waiting for him to quit the game aswell, what kind of playstyle would that be? My point is, no matter what your playstyle is, at least try to retain some kind of sportsmanship.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
liloe said:
Wrong And, you fail to see my point. If you want to kill stealthers cause you think they're as lame as bainshees/bd's/warlocks/whatever.. then feel free to, that's not what I'm arguing about.

Who says that you have to keep a blackbook of stealthers? If one pops on you during a fg fight, act and kill him. Even then it shouldn't be that hard to catch his name afterwards, but anyways, that again is not the point.

The point is, that to maintain your fun you do stuff to people that's way out of order and not needed at all. If you leave someone at 5% with CL dis, then just finish the job, what's so hard about it?

I'm not talking about the CoC, being able how you want to play, paying your subs and all that stuff, I'm talking about a little general behaviour. I'm not leaving someones last building in a RTS game so I can delight in how he lost, waiting for him to quit the game aswell, what kind of playstyle would that be? My point is, no matter what your playstyle is, at least try to retain some kind of sportsmanship.

I still think its ok. I usually play wiz and i hate to get PA out of nowere and have to release rebuff etc so if i can shear a stealther or any lame classe such as BDs and warlocks and any stun nuke hib class ill do it so that ppl dont have to suffer the same shit. Well if they dont want to suicide, rebuff and spend another 10 mins going back stay in your realm land :D
Oh and i almost forgot, in the same day we lost DDB our group was engaging another fg in front of keep and several times we got jumped by NS´s so yes :) buff shear them and go back to rebuff :)

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Wasn't this about a couple of solo warriors complaining about being sheared?
I guess a chainwearing mid with a large shield can easily be taken as a stealther.

Dunno about those sneaky warriors, but the last thing my solo zerker will think about, is to add on a FG.
No speed or stealth would make that suicide.
If a group would still consider me as such a great threat, they would have to remove me from the zone at all cost, then i suppose i would feel flattered.

Corran

Part of the furniture
liloe said:

Killing them means they instantly back at the keep and rebuffing.. shearing them means that they have to get back to the bot on their own accord, then buff and return. Can take anything from 2seconds (hello i overcharge sc and blow myself up-loved this in old emain when mid zerg comes at my solo arse. Hello no rp for you :D) or it can take 10minutes if they have to run someone to die/port.

Now, I dont care either way what people do. I moan but after 4years Im used to all the different playstyles... and you know what? Every one of them is shit for one reason or another.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Kinetix said:
I still think its ok. I usually play wiz and i hate to get PA out of nowere and have to release rebuff etc so if i can shear a stealther or any lame classe such as BDs and warlocks and any stun nuke hib class ill do it so that ppl dont have to suffer the same shit. Well if they dont want to suicide, rebuff and spend another 10 mins going back stay in your realm land :D
Oh and i almost forgot, in the same day we lost DDB our group was engaging another fg in front of keep and several times we got jumped by NS´s so yes :) buff shear them and go back to rebuff :)

With your ridicilious attitude its not a wonder people add on you and your fights.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Puppet said:
With your ridicilious attitude its not a wonder people add on you and your fights.

What ridiculous attitude? im 42enh 33rejuv want me to heal them till they blow? Ppl have done same to me so ill do same. And fyi mr. morale your no good either :p

i can still remember your duos on ocasus ganking soloers :D

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Kinetix said:
What ridiculous attitude? im 42enh 33rejuv want me to heal them till they blow? Ppl have done same to me so ill do same. And fyi mr. morale your no good either :p

So basically, you're group specced and decide to go out solo to spoil people's fun. If you want to be taken seriously and solo as a cleric, spec him smite. Otherwise, do what you usually do - get a group and zerg.

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
Appollo said:
Shearing can be a sexual experience :sex:
i find stripping (buffs) more a sexual experience tho :more::sex: :p

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Congax said:
So basically, you're group specced and decide to go out solo to spoil people's fun. If you want to be taken seriously and solo as a cleric, spec him smite. Otherwise, do what you usually do - get a group and zerg.

im not going to say i pay my subs yadda yadda, wich reminds me you havent read what i said or didnt understand, i get rps for shearing. if i shear some1 means that person will get killed more easely, and when that person dies ill get my rps. It ISNT about shearing for ruining other ppl fun. Its more like i want rps and ill get them the way i can.

As for spec of my cleric ill go for the spec i want, and the fact im soloing means that i cant get groups and since i cba to respec smite everytime im soloing ill play with the spec i want

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom