Win XP queries...

H

Hashmonster

right i'm a n00b with my recent XP Pro install, seems to have made everything a lot more stable.

But, i'm having probs with writing cd's - i had easy cd 3.5 and from what i've read i can no longer use that, not a prob. so i got hold of a version of Nero and that seems to lock up when i run it, just says it's scanning my SCSI/IDE thingies...?

any clues? CD drive is fairly old, a HP7200i 2x writer

Also one other query, is all the following things in the processes list meant to be there? seems to be one hell of a lot of crap clogging that list up!

processes.jpg

help meh! :)

Cheers

S

S-Gray

Well i believe they where there in Windows '98, but they where "hidden".

I think they made an appearence in Win2000 which im on

P

PR.

Yup looks normal to me.

Is that 2x CDRW XP compatible?

H

Hashmonster

hmmmm, i ain't got the foggiest - maybe worth me heading over to the HP webby to find out the bad news.... :(

i wanna make music cd's :(

S

Summo

Your performance list seems fine.

MS produced a couple of hotfixes for CD burning. I suspect you already have, but run Windows Update and download the relevant stuff.

I had exactly the same problem with Nero 5 on my old x2 recorder, so I gave up on it. I now use HotBurn Pro 2.04 which works wonders.

H

Hashmonster

Originally posted by SomeGuy
I now use HotBurn Pro 2.04 which works wonders.

is this a downloadable shareware doodah? or a get up off your arse and buy type thingy bob...?

H

Hashmonster

right sorted it out, if anyone is interested i did the following.

- turned off enable cd audio in the cd writer properties
- changed the properties of the primary and secondary ide's so it uses pio mode
- turned off the udma in the bios.

can now write cd's fine, think i'll just switch these settings when i want to write a cd - not any real hassle.

Z

Zey

Make sure the cd-rw software is XP compatible... tbh XP didn't like NERO on my pc. I use Easy cd Creator (with XP updates)

S

]SK[

BTW prsss the 'Alt Gr' and 'Print Screen' key to do a piccy of just the active window :)

H

Hashmonster

oooo i wondered if that key actually had a use :)

S

Summo

To your clipboard. You can then just paste it into whichever app you wish.

or

To the air, where it uses the power of your mind to arrange itself into whichever app you wish.

There's some debate over this. :/

Users who are viewing this thread