[XP] Folder View Settings keep changing

X

xane

I can't for the life of me figure out what is going on here.

XP doesn't seem to be storing my folder view settings, i.e. Filmstrip, Thumbnail, Icon, List, Details, Small Icons, etc, they seem to remain unchanged within a single session, and when I close down the folder and later reopen it they are as they were.

However, quite often, and even mid-session, the folder view will change. The other day I opened up a folder and it was set to "group" view, I never, ever, use that view, in fact it took me about 5 minutes to turn it off as I didn't know about group view.

Now there is no way I am changing one folder that is affecting another, as (a) it would become immediately obvious and (b) the group view thing above.

Anyone else experience this ? I am starting to get paranoid that some bloody trojan infection is allowing a joker into my system to screw around with the views deliberately !

T

Testin da Cable

ugh, that sounds strange. in an aside, I wasn't aware that XP could remember views for different windows, I thought it was just one setting for all. As to settings changing...that wasn't on a network drive by any chance?

Users who are viewing this thread