widely accepted bugabuse

Qaewin

One of Freddy's beloved
Bellona said:
Its a question about moral, and im not the type to just watch and let happen.

If you honestly feel morally obligated to report bug abuse fair enough...report it, but report it all. Report it when ppl go through walls to get to bind poit quicker, report it when ppl macro, report it when ppl use bugs such as this.

Do not come here and say your not the type to let it happen when you are by your own admission.

You site the CoC as the reason you are doing this. Once again fair enough as it does say report bug abuse, however it doesn't say using your infinite wisdom decide to what degree bugs are being abused and if in then, in your opinion they deserve reporting report them.

I'm going out on a limb here and assuming these ppl were at the same spot as you and using this bug to pull at a rate you could not compete with. You pm'd them asking them to stop and they were rude back, you thought Fxxk this i'll report them. Your entitled to do this and once again fair enough...I don't blame you.

Therefore give the real reason you reported them, don't hide behind the CoC which by your admission you ignore when you feel bugs aren't being used to your disadvantage.

Slin

Fledgling Freddie
Ratting out on realmmates huh

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH

I agree that bug abusers in RvR must be reported no mater what realm but c'mon in your own realm the more lvl 50's we have the better Hibernia is underpopulated as we speak and as for your moral issues:
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH

:twak:

Sheph

Fledgling Freddie
ofc u shouldnt bug abuse... BUT...

to their defence...

A bug that is not corrected after its reported shall not be considered a bug but a feature. Common sense.

Slin

Fledgling Freddie
AMEN TO THAT!!!
Instead of reporting the players report the bug instead of ratting out on realmmates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A TRAITOR SHALL NEVER FIND PIECE, NOT IN THIS LIVE............................NOR IN THE NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bellona

Banned
Slin said:
AMEN TO THAT!!!
Instead of reporting the players report the bug instead of ratting out on realmmates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A TRAITOR SHALL NEVER FIND PIECE, NOT IN THIS LIVE............................NOR IN THE NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wont take you childish threats serious.

for the reason why i reported them, it has nothing to do with me wants to take over the spot, im not that fucking stupid.

I were only in cm with my 50 chanter to help a guildmate get a few lvls, since he cant roll 20 and therefor have a rough time getting groups, but i pulled the rock mobs, and then these guys shows up, get up on their wall/bug spot, and pulls mobs from far inside at weewere's, dotting them, and that makes them run all over the cave, i couldnt pull/pbaoe where i could before, i would get loads of their pulled mobs on me, and when i said to them to stop abuse, and make it possible for me to pull, all i get back is bullshit.

Funkdocta

Fledgling Freddie
kirennia said:
That's a very very bad comparison.

If some1 bug abuses in this case to pwrlvl up exp then they will do the same rps should the case arise. Thus get potential radar abusers out of the picture asap.

If one of your friends had just been beaten senceless and you knew who did it, you wouldn't just phone up the police and tell them heres a hot spot for crime, put a camera there.

Its a game, I will talk to the person first and if they're a numpty about it, I'll report them. Radar abusers I will report outright.

Tonight I had a case of some1 who was chain dying on a mob. I pmed them asking if they wanted help and they said they were doing it on purpose to bug abuse and gain 50p/hour (literally said they were intentionally bug abusing). I reported it to who i thought was their GM (I asked them if they were GM and they said yes) but soon after instead of decent replies I was spam pmed with people calling me a wanker saying I should keep my nose of of business that isn't my own. They wouldn't understand that I was just looking out for the community as a whole.This leads me to beleive more people tolerate cheats then is known in the community as long as they're friends; which of course is a dangerous thing, should a guild beleive in a collegue.

First of all what the hell are u on about? radar is not a bug its a hack and has a detrimantal effect on eveyone elses game. Getting fast easy XP has no litle effect on other people.

Secondly I wasnt comparing the situation to real life. I was just pointing out grassing is not something you should do.

Thirdly if your mate got beat up and u grassed to the police then your next inline for a beating. Obviuosly you have alot to learn about 'real' life.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
I were only in cm with my 50 chanter to help a guildmate get a few lvls, since he cant roll 20 and therefor have a rough time getting groups, but i pulled the rock mobs, and then these guys shows up, get up on their wall/bug spot, and pulls mobs from far inside at weewere's, dotting them, and that makes them run all over the cave, i couldnt pull/pbaoe where i could before, i would get loads of their pulled mobs on me, and when i said to them to stop abuse, and make it possible for me to pull, all i get back is bullshit.

ok, that sounds different, if those ppl actually give you a hard time doing whatever your want in there (your thing if u wanna farm, help guildy or whatever, but they disturb you), then telling them to stop seems the right thing to me and if they piss you then, well time to react. But as long as they don't disturb me I don't care.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
RandomTrollN00bNumber234987 said:

Cheating is wrong, bug abuse where it detrementally effects another player's enjoyment of the game in any way is wrong.

Using a bug like this and pulling mobs all the way from weewere's to the pit throught another camped spot is rude and shows no respect or regard for fellow realm mates.

I dont agree with reporting these players to GOA, but i do see his point.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
Funnily enough this isnt a CoC violation (or at least wasnt in the classic client, may have changed since then) as he cannot actually steal your epic, the only way he can take it is if you give it to him (click accept) and in doing so you are agreeing to a transaction.

The fact that you didnt give him your epic (thats how your post reads anyway) means that you werent scammed and so no breach of CoC has occurred, reporting someone who "only wanted to borrow your armour for 10 minutes" WONT get him banned and indeed neither should it as he has done nothing wrong (even if the intent was there, as he hasnt violated the CoC in any way its almost impossible to prove there was any intent at all).

:(

Hmm, well it was at the time where the news sight was full of stories very similar to mine. I cant remember the story he spun, but it was such a long and BS one I thought it best to report him. I do see what you mean about an 'accepted' trade not being against the CoC, though at the time I think GOA where cracking down on similar scams and I thought it best to give them the info.
I believe/hope that GOA do what they say, and that is to double/triple check any cases of people being reported, its not up to me or anyone other player to get people banned, they do that themselves IF they leave sufficient evidence behind for GOA.
I doubt GOA would have banned him on the strength of my encounter with him alone, but who knows what other scams or abuses he had been reported for assuming hes a dishonest git.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Funkdocta said:
Thirdly if your mate got beat up and u grassed to the police then your next inline for a beating. Obviuosly you have alot to learn about 'real' life.
Obviously you are a retard. What kind of a country and society do you live in anyway? A failed one, it sounds to me.

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
Belomar said:
Obviously you are a retard. What kind of a country and society do you live in anyway? A failed one, it sounds to me.

So he's a retard for telling about something which actually does happen? .. GG

liloe

It's my birthday today!
no, a retard for living with it.....in this case RL is smth totally different and NOT going to the police if u get beaten up is simply the most idiot thing I could ever imagine. If you like violence on yourself, there's smth called masochist for that....but ppl with brain will try and get that solved by the police.

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
i don't see the problem! but then again i enjoyed using the hole in the CM pit wall :p

Bellona

Banned
Nuked said:
i don't see the problem! but then again i enjoyed using the hole in the CM pit wall :p

how about you read the whole topic, its not about holes in the walls

Slin

Fledgling Freddie
Bellona on a serious note now :)

It was very lame of u to report other players althoug i agree that they should not pull mobs away from u and your guildmate.
Next time try talking to there guild leadership instead of reporting em.
Again when there is a bug abuse in RvR i say report em on the spot no matter who it is but NOT in your own realm.
Reporting players for using a shortcut to lvl 50 makes me wanna :puke:

Bellona

Banned
Slin said:
Bellona on a serious note now :)

It was very lame of u to report other players althoug i agree that they should not pull mobs away from u and your guildmate.
Next time try talking to there guild leadership instead of reporting em.
Again when there is a bug abuse in RvR i say report em on the spot no matter who it is but NOT in your own realm.
Reporting players for using a shortcut to lvl 50 makes me wanna :puke:

I was getting ignored by them, besides the comment of minding my own business, what did you expect me to do?

and maybe you should read my description again, they didnt pull mobs away from me, they pulled mobs across where i were pbaoe'ing before they came

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Most Animists that i know of that know of "the bugg" use it, specialy when lvling.

Animists have insane problem with pathing, Bombers (dd) get stuck and never hit, Roots just follow the mon without landing (you can chain root mobs but the ai on root bomber doesnt know that).

Healing a pet is almost impossible, as healer "pet" either take a very long way there and pet die before it reach it target, or it just get stuck..

This is just a few of the problem a animist face when trying to do something.

BUT there is a way to make the controlled pet "immune" to melee dmg, with that you get past the healing problem, you can also skip the nuking part but it take ages to lvl. As long as the player is still there i have no problem with it but when they put up that shroom and go away from computer and using macro (other vialation of CoC) to stay online they gone to far.

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
Bellona said:
how about you read the whole topic, its not about holes in the walls

it is about holes in tthe walls you can't say you can use 1 bug and not another if you report a bug abuser you must report them all for what ever bug you just can't pick and chose to suit yourself

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
Aloca said:
Most Animists that i know of that know of "the bugg" use it, specialy when lvling.

Animists have insane problem with pathing, Bombers (dd) get stuck and never hit, Roots just follow the mon without landing (you can chain root mobs but the ai on root bomber doesnt know that).

Healing a pet is almost impossible, as healer "pet" either take a very long way there and pet die before it reach it target, or it just get stuck..

This is just a few of the problem a animist face when trying to do something.

BUT there is a way to make the controlled pet "immune" to melee dmg, with that you get past the healing problem, you can also skip the nuking part but it take ages to lvl. As long as the player is still there i have no problem with it but when they put up that shroom and go away from computer and using macro (other vialation of CoC) to stay online they gone to far.

i have to agree with you there mate animists are so bugged we have to use the bug at times and totally agree if you are afk camping you are bug abusing but using that shroom to pull is not a prob for me

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
Behmoth said:
it is about holes in tthe walls you can't say you can use 1 bug and not another if you report a bug abuser you must report them all for what ever bug you just can't pick and chose to suit yourself

well atleast someone understands :p

it's all bug abuse bellona, that's the point, and i doubt very much you have done everything by the book. i've abused a bug, now you say it, you will feel better for it!

liloe

It's my birthday today!
I think the problem here is not really their bug abuse, but their way of pulling mob so it buggers you. Now there are two ways of dealing with it, after they told you to "fuck off". First of all you can report them for a) bug abuse and b) not respecting your pulling. Then again I'd try to get another chanter/eld and if they pull through you, pb kill their mob. The DoT will have don so few dmg, that you get 90% of the xp and THIS will really piss them to hell and ofc you /ignore them when they start whining.

now semi off-topic:

The second method of getting rid of idiots works very well in case they leech off you mob again and again (you know the "accident" pbae) or especially when a focus group comes and steels your spot (ok, might say now stealing your spot is not true, cause you can't claim one). Just get a fellow bard, pull a mob near them and the bard "accidently" uses ae lull (ofc only to get aggro off you because you can do side positionaly then or cast or whatever, just some reason) when they start to pb....and then have fun watching them die when 3 red con aggro jump their pbae's. It's not very cool, but if someone pisses me I can be nasty =))

edit: don't get me wrong, I'm usually a very easy and friendly person =))

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
You are not allowed to do anything to anyones mob once it is pulled.
Should you do it anyway you can be suspended, if reported.

Danita

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
Reno said:
You are not allowed to do anything to anyones mob once it is pulled.
Should you do it anyway you can be suspended, if reported.

Danita

what happens if you pull almost the same time or you have alraedy told your shroom to attack then some one nukes/shoots/taunts ect who has pulled 1st?

what happens if you are pbaoeing an area and there mobs pull through you?
you are still hitting a pulled mob which is against the coc but worse will get you killed in the process

Catchme

Fledgling Freddie
Well u should mind your own buisness, let them do if they think it's fun, u go lvl your way they lvl their way. Just childish to begin reporting others imo. wtf do u get out of it? you'll probably have enemies for the rest of your playtime in daoc. if someone got me banned i'd do everything to spoil the game for them also.

Bellona

Banned
Catchme said:
Well u should mind your own buisness, let them do if they think it's fun, u go lvl your way they lvl their way. Just childish to begin reporting others imo. wtf do u get out of it? you'll probably have enemies for the rest of your playtime in daoc. if someone got me banned i'd do everything to spoil the game for them also.

and maybe you should read my post on page 3

Bellona

Banned
Behmoth said:

I didnt mean that i dont see it as a abuse, i was refering to nuked that I didnt think he had understood what my topic was about.

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
ok, so what is the topic about? .. as far as i knew it was about abusing bugs ... and how it's wrong etc etc! if im wrong please feel free to tell me what it is about because i think im lost

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom