widely accepted bugabuse

Bellona

Banned
Why is it widely accepted that people abuses bugs?

Im pretty sure EVERYBODY knows, that if you can pull a mob to a certain location, and you can stand there and mobs wont hit you, its a bug, and should be reported instead of abused, but these days things are different.

In corus mine i find people standing a certain place where they can kill mobs without getting hit, and tell them to stop the abuse, 1 logged off, 1 continues the abuse, but they are all reported to goa anyway.

not more than 15min later, there are a new team rdy on the abuse spot, and they are going in for a report too, they even told me to stop whining and mind my own business...

hell no I wont!

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
I heard about this in /gu last night.. anyone know how long it has been going on ?

and tbh they're asking for a ban if u warned them that you're reporting to GOA and yet they still dont stop.

Easdown

Fledgling Freddie
yeah thats just stupid, report em all i say, didnt even know there was a bug in CM, except ofc the crack to get out which everyone uses and i guess that is a widely accepted bug ;)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Easdown said:
yeah thats just stupid, report em all i say, didnt even know there was a bug in CM, except ofc the crack to get out which everyone uses and i guess that is a widely accepted bug ;)

Wall bug is now fixed afaik.

I wasn't aware of this bug you speak of tho.

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
wasn't aware of this new bug also think its lame as cm isn't that hard for a half decent grp think 99% of poulation had used the wall bug in cm also there is an even easier wall bug in fomor you only have to touch the wall and u get transported out has that been fixed?

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Bellona said:
Im pretty sure EVERYBODY knows, that if you can pull a mob to a certain location, and you can stand there and mobs wont hit you, its a bug, and should be reported instead of abused, but these days things are different.

never heard of the bug you speak of :>
altho i havent been that much in CM

aye there's one in Albion near SP too, can pull mobs from 26-34 there without ever getting hit, Matter cabs paradise really...allegedly fixed it, but if u switch to the classic client, u can still do it, i occasionally catch people there.

Bellona

Banned
I first saw that bug in CM today, and i dont hesitate to report people, after i have given them a chance to stop it ofcause.

but neither should any of you hesitate reporting people.

what makes this spot in CM so goddamn attractive is that the mobs you can pull nearby is lvl 48-52 so its perfect for a place to get 50 fast.
the bug should be sealed off fast as possible imo.

Tholus

Fledgling Freddie
As Guild policy we strongly support any member reporting bug abuses or any unfair method to gain personal advantage from the game.

This is compliant with the CoC that everybody accepts playng the game.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Bellona said:
Why is it widely accepted that people abuses bugs?

Some bugs are abused partly due to faults in the game itself. If your grp splits down the pit in CM then using the crack bug to get out saves you exp/con loss or time. I dont think ive ever seen anyone say 'no im gonna suicide instead, cause using that crack is exploiting a bug!'.

I can remember Galla raids where 100ish people all abused the gate bug to slip past a locked door. Then again if you see all the bugs that work against us in galla, is using one thats to our advantage and not really hurting anyone that bad?

My guild has a policy that we agree not to abuse bugs, but to me theres a subtle difference between bugs like those above and the exping bug you describe which is abused over and over again, possibly interfearing with other expers..

As a realm I think we are quite good about these things. Im sure most people remember the keep bugs where the new design came in a little early. I was impressed that the vast majority of people didnt abuse it and made sure their guilds didnt.

Funkdocta

Fledgling Freddie
Only thing worse than a bug abuser is a grass!! :flame:

I personally have no idea what the bug is and dont believe in explioting such powerful bugs. BUT to run off like a little faggot and grass people up is even worse imho. Report the 'bug' and let Mythic/goa fix it, its not your place to get people banned.

If theres a bug that prevents people from doing somthing do u see mythic/goa in a rush to fix it?

:m00: :m00: :m00:

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
there was a bug in malmo(mid) at svartalfs where u could stand in some boxes and not get hit.. i tried jumping up there some time ago.. and u got ported to raumarik revenant like a mile up in the air so u fell and instadied from fall dmg ;O

Bellona

Banned
Funkdocta said:
Only thing worse than a bug abuser is a grass!! :flame:

I personally have no idea what the bug is and dont believe in explioting such powerful bugs. BUT to run off like a little faggot and grass people up is even worse imho. Report the 'bug' and let Mythic/goa fix it, its not your place to get people banned.

If theres a bug that prevents people from doing somthing do u see mythic/goa in a rush to fix it?

:m00: :m00: :m00:

im not familiar with all slang, but i guess grass = rat out people

in these casses i told people to stop the abuse, but with the arrogant reply of minding my own business isnt quite clever in that given situation.

and why shouldnt i report? I said yes to do that by accepting the CoC.

I agree that there are several degrees of bug using/abusing, wall bug instead instead of suicide/death is pretty harmless, people get back to their bind point, not really much damage done or uber advantage in difference to other players.

those i reported, stand for hours pulling 10+ yellow/orange con mobs for a 50, run up on their little rock and DoT them to death, without taking a single hit of damage, would you like to say that aint bug abusing and do not deserve a report?

If people eventually gets banned, its a 3 days ban, they'll surviwe and hopefully thinks twice before doing it again.

Tholus

Fledgling Freddie
Take this as very personal opinion:

Althogh there is not a "grey zone" in the law (even in a game): yes you can do it, no you cant, I think that we are reasonable people, and noone wants to become "the police". We are all in the same realm and we share the same fun in the game.
We can simply use some common sense and moderation.

Using a bug to have an unfair advantage against other players is a bad thing: perma camping a spot using a bug means you level quicker than other players, you dont allow other to use that camp (you will never die for "natural PvE reason" leaving to other the use of that spot). No doubts in my mind: advice the player first and if he ignores you report to goa (same as radar, RvR doors bugs, etc)

Using a bug like a crack to jump quicker is probably against CoC too, but doesnt give you significant advantages, anybody can use it and is (I repeat this is "only my very personal opinion") tolerate and tolerable ....

Funkdocta

Fledgling Freddie
theres no need to be a grass and get people banned. You can inform goa of the bug and they will more than likely put a hot fix on it sooner raher than later. Getting people banned and grassing them up is just not the done thing.

Its a valuable life lesson ;) dont be a grass :m00:

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Funkdocta said:

Hmm, I think ive only reported about 2 people ever, one was blatantly trying to scam me for my epic armour, cant remember the other..

Dont be a grass is more a line thats common to both schoolkids and inmates. Reporting someone for doing something that is detrimental to the server as a whole is a good thing, especially if they know they are abusing or dont stop when told. Cheaters/scammers/exploiters who persist deserve to be reported and punished.

The CoC does say that we must grass on these people. If you dont then you are in violation of a contract and have broken your word.

I would rather be a grass and have honoured my word, than break my word and watch people ruin the game for others..

I had no problem with reporting the lvl 1 unguilded eld who wanted to 'borrow' my epic for 10 mins to show his mate. I hope thanks to the precise information I gave to rightnow that his account is banned, and he didnt get the chance to scam anyone more gullable.

Bellona

Banned
Funkdocta said:

Its a question about moral, and im not the type to just watch and let happen.

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
Bellona said:
I first saw that bug in CM today, and i dont hesitate to report people, after i have given them a chance to stop it ofcause.

nd tell them to stop the abuse, 1 logged off, 1 continues the abuse, but they are all reported to goa anyway.

:rolleyes:

Funkdocta

Fledgling Freddie
Point taken Boni

Your unfortunate problem was not grassing you had every right to report ur epic being stolen.

As regards to this bug, (my personal opinion) goa arnt stupid if they are made aware of the bug then they will fix it, getting people banned and reporting them is just a bit vindictive and un-necessary.

If u go through life grassing/telling on people over something which you have no 'need' to, you will come un-stuck.

My opinion, im entitled to it :D

:m00:

Radix

Fledgling Freddie
I assume they ignore your warning since they figure you just want the spot for your self.
:m00:

Kicks

Fledgling Freddie
Funk try out your opinion on Camlann ;) bet it lasts ooh 10 mins :p

Anyone using a bug for an unfair advantge deserves to be reported if they continued to do so after being warned.

Spankya

Fledgling Freddie
I saw 2 poeple abusing the bug in cm earlier and warned them off and took a screenie. They stopped it and logged off. Dont think they could kill the mobs with the bug ;)

Fluffybunny

Fledgling Freddie
Boni said:
I had no problem with reporting the lvl 1 unguilded eld who wanted to 'borrow' my epic for 10 mins to show his mate.

hehe Boni, a lvl 1 person can't be an eldritch ;)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
So apparently that's one of the bug like the old dampwood mites and stones, where you could stand on top, get someone to pull with low lvl ae and then pb the hell outta the mob. It was fun until it got fixed (I remember when I screenjumped on the stone and fel directly into the siabra village :) ).

Personally I don't mind if ppl stand somewhere and kill mob without getting touched, after all everybody wants to lvl and there's nothign worse than PvE in this game so I can understand everyone who tries to make it easier than it should be. If you want to report them but personally if someone told me that I'm abusing a bug etc, I would stop abusing it (I like my acc.) but you don't wanna know what I'd think about this person and if I ever had to help him/her (ressing, in RvR) you can bet I'd tell this person to bugger off. I mean is it my thing wether a person takes dmg or not while camping a spot? Camped is camped so I look somewhere else, what's the point in reporting ppl for stuff which happens in realm and doesn't even hurt you. Sure you can warn them that they're actually abusing a bug and they might get caught, then at least they're informed about it.

Most of the time ppl were telling us that we were abusing a bug it was rather telling us: "Hey, WE wanna pull at this spot."

Well, everyone can do what they want, I've done my XP so I don't care. Not like I'm a master bug abuser, I did it a few times maybe, but making XP easier is really something good imho. In RvR it's different...no mercy there. I'd report every bug abuser I meet there, cause there you cheat on other players (and not on some dumb mob).

Just what I think, agree or not /shrug

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Boni said:
I had no problem with reporting the lvl 1 unguilded eld who wanted to 'borrow' my epic for 10 mins to show his mate. I hope thanks to the precise information I gave to rightnow that his account is banned, and he didnt get the chance to scam anyone more gullable.

Funnily enough this isnt a CoC violation (or at least wasnt in the classic client, may have changed since then) as he cannot actually steal your epic, the only way he can take it is if you give it to him (click accept) and in doing so you are agreeing to a transaction.

The fact that you didnt give him your epic (thats how your post reads anyway) means that you werent scammed and so no breach of CoC has occurred, reporting someone who "only wanted to borrow your armour for 10 minutes" WONT get him banned and indeed neither should it as he has done nothing wrong (even if the intent was there, as he hasnt violated the CoC in any way its almost impossible to prove there was any intent at all).

:(

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Funkdocta said:
theres no need to be a grass and get people banned. You can inform goa of the bug and they will more than likely put a hot fix on it sooner raher than later. Getting people banned and grassing them up is just not the done thing.

That's a very very bad comparison.

If some1 bug abuses in this case to pwrlvl up exp then they will do the same rps should the case arise. Thus get potential radar abusers out of the picture asap.

If one of your friends had just been beaten senceless and you knew who did it, you wouldn't just phone up the police and tell them heres a hot spot for crime, put a camera there.

Its a game, I will talk to the person first and if they're a numpty about it, I'll report them. Radar abusers I will report outright.

Tonight I had a case of some1 who was chain dying on a mob. I pmed them asking if they wanted help and they said they were doing it on purpose to bug abuse and gain 50p/hour (literally said they were intentionally bug abusing). I reported it to who i thought was their GM (I asked them if they were GM and they said yes) but soon after instead of decent replies I was spam pmed with people calling me a wanker saying I should keep my nose of of business that isn't my own. They wouldn't understand that I was just looking out for the community as a whole.This leads me to beleive more people tolerate cheats then is known in the community as long as they're friends; which of course is a dangerous thing, should a guild beleive in a collegue.

Bellona

Banned
kirennia said:
but soon after instead of decent replies I was spam pmed with people calling me a wanker saying I should keep my nose of of business that isn't my own. They wouldn't understand that I was just looking out for the community as a whole.

AMEN! exactly the same everytime you try to do something "good" :(

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
i agree in some sences that bug abusing is out of order but if you are a pet weilding class in cm how many bugs are making you at a disadvantage?

take my animist got my main shroom up pulling 2 yellows my shroom starts to get some serious damage on it so i heal ...oh no i don't it gets stuck nr a grave and jumps back and forth till it expires then i go closer to heal my pet = insta aggro i die when really i was in full control before the bugs got my killed do you think mythic/goa will ever sort this problem out ? i don't think so

was there with my chanter tried to pull a mob a few feet away says pet cannot see target i edge a bit closer to see if that works again insta agro 3 hits and dead pet didn't even have time to stop it and the ammount of time i sent my pet to hit a mob a few yards away only to watch it rush the complete other way bring other mobs with it and /releasing or /yell help so yes i agree some bug abusing can be bad but i strongly feel there are times when you need to as the game does it right back at you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom