Why hibernia sux ?

B

Bartar

Well first of all... hibernian classes dont sux... its the realms general backround that is totaly antiepic and alot LALA land... so how does this effects the general realm.. first of all atracts all short of non serious players.... like females and kids.. where will a
young lady go ? in the swampy dark forest of midgard? or the desert plains of albion ?? well the funny little hapy land of hibernian.. so.. this is also the reason why less ppl play hibernia
u LACK NUMBERS!!!! non serious players make gimp classes/races
and play as noobs.. there are some very good examples.. like the
ELF!! CHAMPION..... FFS !!!! ELFS CANT BECOME TANKS!! WAKE UP
of course there are some very good examples of good players also but its a very small minority :(( another reason hibernia sux is the lack of good exp.... u lack df most of the time.. so u dont have good exp/good items its really a circle that continues ever and ever again.... pvp server will actualy show how good the hibernian classes are!! To be honest... i actualy tryed to start in hibernia with my second acount.... i was bored in the first 2 hours... i had no option but delete and head to midgard... this realm in this server has not a very bright future i am afraid YET u still do ur best.. and i respect that! You just lack numbers of good players.. maybe 1.52 will change that.... thats all

Ohh and never forget.... there is no exp like the tanglers exp!!!

Bartar 50 paladin albion/prydwen
Bartaar 44 skald midgard/ prydwen

S

slapmesilly..

shows how much you know :rolleyes:

for the profession of Champion you either have to be a Lurikeen or Elf, neither of these are good tanks, so it's making a choice between 2 evils.. after reading this the rest of your post meant crap to me :S

O

old.Anpu

Shh, Celts can become Champions too... :p

Oh, and Hibernia does have good xp, ppl just dont go there :mad:

/Anpu

E

eccho

Ummm,

what are you on about exactly?.

Hibernia is no more a closed realm than any of the others, not many new players : lack of growth as a realm? - agreed, but not any more so than Albion or Midguard, being most new characters are alts of established players or cross - over players from other realms / servers.

Non -serious players? - as many waste their lives here per capita as any other realm :D. There are some great players and strong guilds, though as people are fond of pointing out, Hibs usually attack en masse and individual players and guilds are rarely recognised outside of our realm.

Lack of good exp and items? - BS, Hibernia has spots just like the Alb tanglers where you can bore yourself stupid hitting the same mob for weeks on end till you ding 50 (theyre called Finliaths and are in Cursed Forest EZ) ;).

Not a very bright future? - it seems every week in Alb lately there are people quitting the game / defecting to other realms because they are so sick of the mentality there and Midguards beginning to edge in the same direction. Complaints about the progress of Hibernia are rare, infact mostly we are pretty upbeat in comparison to the others :D.

If your looking at stats like population, RP's etc, then Hibernia is weaker on paper but its in a much better state on this server than any of the other realms in my opinion.

G

gengi

Originally posted by Bartar
like females and kids.. where will a
young lady go ? in the swampy dark forest of midgard? or the desert plains of albion ?? well the funny little hapy land of hibernian..

Well at least we actually get to speak to young ladies :m00: :D
LOL
Later
Gengee

T

Tagetes

first of all atracts all short of non serious players.... like females and kids..

What exactly is that supposed to mean ? Congratulations on making yourself seem a div to all the female players of DAoC (myself included) As for the kids, they can defend themselves, I have better things to do :)

non serious players make gimp classes/races
and play as noobs.. there are some very good examples.. like the

Can you choose an Elf, and then choose to become a Champion at level 5 ? I believe you can. See the problem is when you offer people a variety - some actually use it! Not everyone creates a character to 'own' ingame. Some people actually take a look at the tag of MMORPG and use the RPG element, lordy! imagine that!!

i actualy tryed to start in hibernia with my second acount.... i was bored in the first 2 hours... i had no option but delete and head to midgard...
<coughs politely> Hibernia's loss, I'm sure .... :flame:

S

ShiShi

hihiihhihi,
ur funny mate :)
what can be more boring that play only human races like albion ones...
and midgard is dark, and depressive..though races are great imo :)
we hibs are just a happy nice land, so if u can't see it stay away indeed
/wave

S.

B

bone_idle

Notice how he only picks on the tanks classes. Where in his thread does he mention the pure power of void eldritches, the Unbelievable power of a mana specced enchanter, or the Uberness of a mentalist. I'm glad he's not on our server.... He can stick to his alb and mid class, 'cause Hibernia is getting more & more powerfull by the day. Personally i think DF is just a fancy realm zerging place and is not all that, its only good for prince and legion raids, yeah the xp is nice there but there's plenty of places to xp without the threat of being ganked and constanlty looking over your shoulder. Nuff said.

G

gnafasteshot

i dont agree thats theres no where to xp in hib
and the midgard lvl 40 + area is malmo and its sh*te im there now with my main cos i put it off so long if we only had a cf in mid i wud have hit 50 weeks ago but then again the realm is a bit poofy lookin :) and luri's and firbies quite laughable but the ppl ive met there arent all children and women they have been very helpful to me its not every realm where ppl will stop and uber buff the low lvl's to help them certainly not mid excal but the nice tree huggers on pry do:) ( many thx to all who have for me /kiss from lough:) )
i will gladly play hib again once i hit 50 with my dumbass troll
so go play alb or mid and ill stick some arrows in ya as u run away:p
lough fastshot suicide squad hib/pry
gna fasteshot black dragons mid/excal lvl
ulrak black dragons mid/excal

M

Melodic

Bartar, you're talking out of your arse. remind me to stick a few arrows in you if I see you in emain to compensate.

O

old.Xarr

Originally posted by eccho
<snip>agreed, but not any more so than Albion or Midguard, being most<snip>

Just lemme hijack this thread for a while and point out that it's Midgard not Midguard. Other than that it was a great post eccho, so sorry for bothering. It's just that it really, really gets to me when I see it misspelled like that.

Cheers :)

O

old.willowywicca

Think you guys are being a bit harsh on bartar tbh, I mean yeah the women+children remark was a bit much, hehe what were ya thinking?? :D As for elf tanks, he's sooooo right, who in their right mind would pick one :flame:

Mal

O

opoc

Elf Champions are good actually, same as any other class becuase no points are wasted, more dex for parry and more qui to swing faster, and more int fo rthem DDs to hurt more. I can say they make better champs than all them Highlander Scouts :)

Most of the most dedicated players and most experienced play in Hibernia/Prydwen, others are in Midguard and some In Alb. Also Hibnernia/Prydwen has nice people (unlike some from Alb and Mid) Though they lack numbers they advance in skilled play :)

M

Mageling

Grass

They aren’t called hippies for nada. They sit in grass, smokin’ grass, free love everywhere. And sometimes when they get bored, they head out to own the two lesser realms. All in all, a stunning experience.

O

old.Fenixen

lol, this thread is not even worth replying, oops ;)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

.. first of all atracts all short of non serious players.... like females and kids..

You started looking like an utter twit exactly there...
*feels like adding some assorted profanities and waits for some bullcrap "I wus jus kidding, m8" excuse*

Ha! We get all the women!! :D

O

old.mattshanes

I think hibernia is a cool realm,classes are good especially the casters and i respect the players a lot more then midgard.

Well done all you hibs keep up the good work.

O

old.Jeriraa

Uhmm... and Kobolds can't become warriors? Crush must have been somehow cheating to get to RR5.

This game suxx when it comes to character customization. Its hard enough to make an individual char without people like you. You are for sure one of these guys who turn down players from groups bcz they didn't specc main stream. I feel sorry for you.

M

masentaja

ROFL Bartar.

*points to him and laughs is arse off*

Yeah, we all are kids and women.. glad u pointed that out ;D

T

Taggart

Well i think hib has some good classes and nice peeps on it, im not too big a fan, but i do like it better than midgard to behonest, but the mid chars are more appealing for me id have to say. When i first played this game i started on hib excal, but i got bored of the place and moved to albion which i think is got the best of both realms, has nice green plains and hills and mountains etc..

Main reason i went to albion though is cos im scottish and liked the though of being a highlander :)

Have to say that all our realms are blessed with great players and nice people, we also have the odd arse, but you will get that anywhere i guess.

Long live D.A.O.C. !!

D

Danya

Originally posted by bone_idle
Where in his thread does he mention the pure power of void eldritches...
*Cough* Voiders are gimped. Pure power = light specced casters in hib. ;)

D

darbey

Well first of all... hibernian classes dont sux... its the realms general backround that is totaly antiepic and alot LALA land... so how does this effects the general realm.. first of all atracts all short of non serious players.... like females and kids..

Well what planet did u wander off you sexist neanderthal air head. I and almost every female i know who plays the game has probably got more play time and experience than you. Hell my 21 Theu has more rp than your 44 skald never mind your non existant level 50 paladin. And in case you hadnt realised 8 out of the top 20 Champions are elf, hardly a gimped race for a champion.

The standard of posts here never cease to amaze.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Dannyn

*Cough* Voiders are gimped. Pure power = light specced casters in hib. ;)

Ah... Dannyn prefers the cookie cutter 'oh-so-boring' chars. *yawn*

I heard bards couldn't fight either... well...

O

old.mattshanes

Bards aren't good at fighting but heroes sure kick ass:cool:

J

Jonaldo

Elf champs pwn! sure beat the hell out of those gimpy lurichamps :p

/me waves at Mal and Incy, hits sprint and ruuuuns (all the way to alb/exc)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Bards aren't good at fighting but heroes sure kick ass:cool:

I think enough people have seen the Battlebard in action to tell you that bards can fight.
*shrug*
Never said I wanted to take on armsmen or warriors;)
Those are the ones to be mezzed and be the audience while their casters get a whacking.

D

Danya

Originally posted by sickofit...
Ah... Dannyn prefers the cookie cutter 'oh-so-boring' chars. *yawn*

I heard bards couldn't fight either... well...
Um cookiecutter eldritch = void. Cookiecutter chanter = mana. Light is not cookie cutter sick. Please remove you head from under the tractor wheel before posting. Thanks.

L

Luuna

first of all atracts all short of non serious players.... like females and kids.. where will a young lady go ? in the swampy dark forest of midgard? or the desert plains of albion ?? well the funny little hapy land of hibernian.. so.. this is also the reason why less ppl play hibernia

LOL, judging from your post you don't really know much about females :flame: Speaking from a female point of view, I chose Hibernia because I live in Ireland. My second choice of a realm would be Midgard believe it or not because Albion classes are just plain boring. Midgard and Hibernia by far have the most interesting classes. And if we're going to debate that one particular realm dictates the type of players it has then surely Albion would have the most half wits *cough* since the name of the game is Dark Age of Camelot and Albion would attract the "Oh-look-at-me-daddy!-I'm-a-knight!"TM types. :p

u LACK NUMBERS!!!! non serious players make gimp classes/races and play as noobs.. there are some very good examples.. like the ELF!! CHAMPION..... FFS !!!! ELFS CANT BECOME TANKS!! WAKE UP

We lack numbers because people don't join the realm, plain and simple. See last line of my previous comment.

Also, if elves make poor tanks I suggest you speak to someone about Malevolencia who "hits like a truck". Elves and Lurikeens are able to become champions because they are magic users, and elves and luri's are our magic using races. Champions are hybrid tanks, in the same way that Bards and Wardens are hybrid healers thus able to become Celts and not just Firbolgs.

Your argument still doesn't stand even when looking at Midgard classes ... a Dwarf caster?

As for XP, yes it is hard to find good spots in Hib, but they are there. It's even harder to find them as a new start. I actually found Midgard the hardest place to find XP as the mobs are so segmented and the roads on Midgard so scattered, but there you are.

Users who are viewing this thread