Why do Albs shoot themselves in the foot all the time by cutting off iRvR?

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Vodkafairy said:
we have done some nasty shit between nott and bled, my apologies. :( (awful spot to solo though!)

It's not really a problem for me, it is Realm vs. Realm no matter what anyone says and tbh I'd rather have a busy zone and die a lot than spend 3 hours wandering round stealthed looking for some kind soul to hand me a /release token.

:D

Oh, and grats on RR11 (since I forgot to post in the thread)

Ging

Part of the furniture
Vodkafairy said:
we have done some nasty shit between nott and bled, my apologies. :( (awful spot to solo though!)

cant be as bad as dyeing to a low rr alb pug who have 3 clerics and 2 scouts in it tbh <chuckles>

u must just love das healing me for 1400 each time u nooked me :)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Killswitch said:
It's not really a problem for me, it is Realm vs. Realm no matter what anyone says and tbh I'd rather have a busy zone and die a lot than spend 3 hours wandering round stealthed looking for some kind soul to hand me a /release token.

:D

Oh, and grats on RR11 (since I forgot to post in the thread)

well it is a problem for me, because we do try to play with a lot of respect towards other groups and soloers. whenever there are no groups to fight on the blendrake side of the river we went to the zergcentral on nottmoor side, where pretty much everything added on everything.

there are actually very nice solo spots currently at beno, brynja and crau bridges. when there is an instarvr situation the solo rvr is actually way more fun at those places - all the bridgecampers are concentrated in one zone leaving the other ones free.

and ging, it was a tiny bit more albs there then just 1 fg :D

Ging

Part of the furniture
Vodkafairy said:
and ging, it was a tiny bit more albs there then just 1 fg :D

true BUT taking into account most of the others were in fact soloers prolly another 8-10? and your running in a balanced set high rr grp (plenty of baruns) and the silly tank of yours who way over extended, i would have expected you to do alot better.

mind u in your defence the landscape didnt help you much as we had the better position prolly fair it ended with what i consider a draw. Still i would love to have been in your vent when you saw me being insta healed after each nuke :) TBH blame das he went 43 rejuve with WH 5 "for a laugh"...

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Bugz said:
It wouldn't if you do it in a clever way.
That would mean not getting caught, it wouldn't change the fact that GOA doesn't appreciate it ;p

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Ging said:
true BUT taking into account most of the others were in fact soloers prolly another 8-10? and your running in a balanced set high rr grp (plenty of baruns) and the silly tank of yours who way over extended, i would have expected you to do alot better.

mind u in your defence the landscape didnt help you much as we had the better position prolly fair it ended with what i consider a draw. Still i would love to have been in your vent when you saw me being insta healed after each nuke :) TBH blame das he went 43 rejuve with WH 5 "for a laugh"...

funny how you twist the story to make it sound better for you - watched the recording of it after reading your post and the only reason you survive is resisting a nuke. ;)

+ BF & fg albs add before that, + you running away from the fight at some point leaving the other albs to die is indeed a draw! :D

anyways, we do have a steady core but we aren't a set group, and yeah, we have bad days too. omg! :D

Ging

Part of the furniture
Vodkafairy said:
funny how you twist the story to make it sound better for you - watched the recording of it after reading your post and the only reason you survive is resisting a nuke. ;)

+ BF & fg albs add before that, + you running away from the fight at some point leaving the other albs to die is indeed a draw! :D

anyways, we do have a steady core but we aren't a set group, and yeah, we have bad days too. omg! :D

ahh yes, the twisting of truth to suite the situation, sounds familiar! we pulled back to rezz and regrp, then saw you had disengaged - ie you wernt in sight. Thought you may be trying to flank via water so moved to a better position, you never appeared so we went back to rebuff @ nott.

Yea i resisted a nuke, shame you didn't (actually i think u did earlier when kiting north from me) - i am mythics love child, your not!

I must admit as you couldnt see me or my group im impressed you know exactly where we were and what we were doing, or is that you twisting "the truth" from your pov to make you seam better with your "running away leaving the other albs to die" comment?

im quite happy to admit to being full of shit most of the time, are you?

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Ging said:
I must admit as you couldnt see me or my group im impressed you know exactly where we were and what we were doing, or is that you twisting "the truth" from your pov to make you seam better with your "running away leaving the other albs to die" comment?

im quite happy to admit to being full of shit most of the time, are you?

i judge what i see on the recordings, we never moved from the spot, you did though :)

and asha- we had a big chance to die when the fight started against you, huxfluxx was completely owning us :D pulled into the water because of another fg, sucks

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
I think I played too much yesterday cause I don't remember this at all ><

Ging

Part of the furniture
these are recordings of footage from your pov, so when you say you didnt move that ment you were still standing up on top of the rise nuking stuff, yet when i looked over there you nor any of your group were there. Or is your defineition of staying in the same place extending back to regrp/rezz near or in the water?

oh btw, can i ask why your frapsing footage of you killing in zerg area - being the colossal pervert i am the only reason i could think of is that you use it for wanking over :)

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Stallion said:
aye petting double RS afk caster from water, such an achivement. :worthy:

This is probably not really deserved but;

aye stun-nuking randoms and soloers from water with fully-buffed RR11 chanter, such an achievement :worthy:

Getting RR11 is an achievement, but people can be so lame when they're bored or feeling RP-horny.

Ging

Part of the furniture
<whispers> hes almost rr12 m8, which is an even bigger achivement <stops whispering>

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Ging said:
oh btw, can i ask why your frapsing footage of you killing in zerg area - being the colossal pervert i am the only reason i could think of is that you use it for wanking over
This seems kinda nasty to me, even if it's supposed to be a joke. We actually had a couple of nice fights with them w/o adds (I think). You sound kinda bitter, which I don't think you generally are... but I can be wrong :)

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Asha said:
This seems kinda nasty to me, even if it's supposed to be a joke. We actually had a couple of nice fights with them w/o adds (I think). You sound kinda bitter, which I don't think you generally are... but I can be wrong :)

Bitter != Loud, opinionated, drunk and bored :D

Ging

Part of the furniture
on the contrary, im not bitter, im jsut confuzed as to why killing the zerg (18 players) would be considered frapsable by a fg vs fg player such as VF. Doing it solo - hell yea, but hardly testing considering the quality of players in the hib grp.

Im jsut surprised, i never consider turning fraps on untill i cross the river to blend side as you will rarely get good clean fights (what i consider fraps worthy) in zerg route from nott/bled.

i assume the footage VF is refering to still exists, im happy to be proved wrong by video (im such a camera slut tbh), so vf can put a little muzic to it and let me see how dicusingly wrong i am and how full of shit (even more so than usual) i am :)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Ging said:
these are recordings of footage from your pov, so when you say you didnt move that ment you were still standing up on top of the rise nuking stuff, yet when i looked over there you nor any of your group were there. Or is your defineition of staying in the same place extending back to regrp/rezz near or in the water?

oh btw, can i ask why your frapsing footage of you killing in zerg area - being the colossal pervert i am the only reason i could think of is that you use it for wanking over :)

same spot as where i nuked you from and you got "healed after every nuke", we never went into the water except when the fg albs added before you were even there.

as for recording, i don't use fraps, i record every single minute of an evening and throw away everything that is crap (the majority). but sometimes im lazy and i leave some footage on my hd until i cba to sort it out. nice asumption though, you were almost correct! :rolleyes:

Ging

Part of the furniture
Vodkafairy said:
same spot as where i nuked you from and you got "healed after every nuke", we never went into the water except when the fg albs added before you were even there.

as for recording, i don't use fraps, i record every single minute of an evening and throw away everything that is crap (the majority). but sometimes im lazy and i leave some footage on my hd until i cba to sort it out. nice asumption though, you were almost correct! :rolleyes:

as i said earlier, please feel free to prove it to me. you have the footage as you reviewed it after reading one of my comments from earlier - as you stated - so givf recording

Also tell me what you use to record, sounds liek a wicked bit of s/w, i assume disk space can be an issue?

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Ging said:
as i said earlier, please feel free to prove it to me. you have the footage as you reviewed it after reading one of my comments from earlier - as you stated - so givf recording

Also tell me what you use to record, sounds liek a wicked bit of s/w, i assume disk space can be an issue?

don't have a proper host and don't feel like spending time to prove something as silly as this, maybe tomorrow when i have nothing to do.

as for recording, its been in my sig for many months now. ;) about 15-20 gb for a 3-4 hour evening, including ventchat in all clips. :)

Ging

Part of the furniture
Vodkafairy said:
don't have a proper host and don't feel like spending time to prove something as silly as this, maybe tomorrow when i have nothing to do.

Regtur - u owe me £5! :england:

Vodkafairy said:
as for recording, its been in my sig for many months now. ;) about 15-20 gb for a 3-4 hour evening, including ventchat in all clips. :).

/cuddles

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Ging said:
Regtur - u owe me £5! :england:

Step away from the theurgist.
flag_nl.gif

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Guys, guys :(

It's a Friday!

More love please!!!

:england:

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Straef said:
It's not all about ranks, for starters, as I've had some good fights against Crimson Tear and the like when they first appeared, and I don't think they were particulary high rank, tho I must admit I never really checked ;p And it's not like I run around in rr11 set groups myself.
There is a difference between zerging and being outnumbered rps-wise, as even low realm rank characters can be properly geared up, aswell as picking a proper setup for their group, which are two very important parts of winning a fight, the third being a proper player. If you've got those things, available to anyone, regardless of rank, it's defenitly possible to beat a highly ranked group.
Anyway, what I meant is that even if being higher realm rank will increase your damage output, utility and such, it won't double or triple them, which will happen with a zerg, not to mention the interrupts caused by the numerous enemy casters, while only having a certain amount in a fg. When you do see a single fg of high realm rank players beating a zerg, or at least doing well against them, I think it's mainly due to them being experienced players, extending so certain members of the zerg will be easy to kill, whilst keeping themselves from being surrounded.

Well your points are good, but...

Well you asked what is the fun with zerging down an enemy, and in my opinion that is the same as beeing stronger than your enemy, which you are if you are alot higher rr.

You argue that a good setup, good play makes up for lack in rr. I dont agree totally here. Good example would be: Group 1 (rr1) vs Group 2 (rr10+), G1 winns mess, g2 messer purge and qc/moc cast 2 aemesses (even with good spread that will hit just about all of them) after that its over, since no one in G1 can purge and get the rest cured.

Ofc when you reach rr6+ it starts to even out quite abit, but I have yet to see a rr10+ group that avoids steamrolling rr1-rr3 groups with their RAs. Just as I have yet to see a zerg avoiding to steamroll a fg it encounters with its numbers.

Also in my opinion its the same thing to steamroll a soloer as it is to add on a fg fight both are lame and pointless. Ofc it can be good rps to pick off alot of soloers but so can adding on every possible fight be too. So arguing for one but doing the other is in my mind making one abit hypocritical, because both only ruin the fun for the ones that are on the reciving end of the stick. (Not meant to be directed at you or anyone else in particular just pointing to a common missconception out:)

Point here beeing, Its not fun for a zerg to kill off a fg, just as it SHOULNDT be fun for a fg of high rrs to kill off a low rr fg. Fun is when a fight is even and you have to use extreme skills to win it and even then its a close call. But sometimes its just not up to you, they are just in your way basically!:) (and ofc the rps are always nice!:)

/Charmangle

ps. Was playing around solo last weekend and in mid zerg zone a high rr alb group comes at me, I start jumping just waiting for the deathblow, but they just bowed and left me. Made my day really and that earns the same respect from me as when a fg doesnt add on your fg fight!:) (or even more actually because there are so few that do it) ds

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Vodkafairy said:
I'd like to experience one of your lesser days, then :p

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
charmangle said:
Well your points are good, but...

Well you asked what is the fun with zerging down an enemy, and in my opinion that is the same as beeing stronger than your enemy, which you are if you are alot higher rr.

You argue that a good setup, good play makes up for lack in rr. I dont agree totally here. Good example would be: Group 1 (rr1) vs Group 2 (rr10+), G1 winns mess, g2 messer purge and qc/moc cast 2 aemesses (even with good spread that will hit just about all of them) after that its over, since no one in G1 can purge and get the rest cured.

Ofc when you reach rr6+ it starts to even out quite abit, but I have yet to see a rr10+ group that avoids steamrolling rr1-rr3 groups with their RAs. Just as I have yet to see a zerg avoiding to steamroll a fg it encounters with its numbers.

Also in my opinion its the same thing to steamroll a soloer as it is to add on a fg fight both are lame and pointless. Ofc it can be good rps to pick off alot of soloers but so can adding on every possible fight be too. So arguing for one but doing the other is in my mind making one abit hypocritical, because both only ruin the fun for the ones that are on the reciving end of the stick. (Not meant to be directed at you or anyone else in particular just pointing to a common missconception out)

Point here beeing, Its not fun for a zerg to kill off a fg, just as it SHOULNDT be fun for a fg of high rrs to kill off a low rr fg. Fun is when a fight is even and you have to use extreme skills to win it and even then its a close call. But sometimes its just not up to you, they are just in your way basically!:) (and ofc the rps are always nice!)

/Charmangle

ps. Was playing around solo last weekend and in mid zerg zone a high rr alb group comes at me, I start jumping just waiting for the deathblow, but they just bowed and left me. Made my day really and that earns the same respect from me as when a fg doesnt add on your fg fight!:) (or even more actually because there are so few that do it) ds
Taking a rr1 group as an example isn't realistic tho, seeing anyone, especially if they're a starting set group, can get to at least rr4 in just days, making it very unlikely to run into any group lacking all ra's whatsoever. So, take that same example but with a rr4 group facing a rr10 group. Sure, it'll probably still be quite a challenge, but the people in the lowby group could at least have one or two of the most important ra's by that time, giving them a chance. Sure, they won't all have moc3/purge3 etc, but that can easily be worked around, as I've never been too bothered by lacking either on my chars.
I've got to admit that I don't avoid fighting low rr groups, which is partly for encountering little groups even without avoiding them, and partly because I don't usually pay attention to the realm titles popping up on my screen, tho it's fairly obvious when a group consists of just Lords or just rr1-rr2's.
And you're right about zerging soloers, and I try to avoid killing soloers that don't deserve it, tho not as much as I used to, as my mental list of classes and players that I'd like to see face down keeps growing :p It helps when the soloer stands still while facing me, or somehow tries to show that he's not going to add on me half a minute later, as that's often been the case when I did let people off.
Anyway, I still think fighting a lower ranked group isn't quite as bad as outnumbering someone with a zerg, but it's nice to see your point of view.
And even if I'd pay attention to every single enemy (group) I run into, and try to do the thing that I would've thought best afterwards, there's not always the time to consider a target, aswell as other factors that stop you from doing whatever you'd like to. For example, I won't go running half across a zone looking for another route simply to avoid fighting a group that's at a bad location, like a bridge or so, as it's not worth it, and they should expect those things happening, just like I don't complain when I get zerged at Bledmeer or on some Agramon bridge.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Ging said:
Agreed with ALL of that - and its my aim to become a high rr wanker as well, atm im mid rr semi wanker but i hope to gain in wank and get promoted to Lord wankship asap!

You've got the internet post fight flame down to a tee.

I can see a promising high RR wanker developing here.. definately a future world title contender in the making!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom