Why do Albs shoot themselves in the foot all the time by cutting off iRvR?

illu

Part of the furniture
It's 3am UK Time, /who 50 in midgard, about 40 players (including buffbots) on. So there's a nice iRvR thing going on, lots of RPs going to Hibs (generally the casters), Albs and Mids. The RPs are flowing because the Mids can go to Bled, and get fights over either bridge.
Then an Alb FG+ decide to kill off the instaport, I do a /who 50 a few mins later, 27 people on.
It's a Saturday night, people want to play the game, get into fights and get or give RPs. No one can be arsed for the hassle of a boat journey even in our own land.
The killspam has literally stopped. Hardly any fights now. Just what was the point? No RPs for everyone. /clap at those Albs.

/me sighs

Oli - Illu

barbastroumf

Fledgling Freddie
Cause they cant of think of their actions , thats the answer, they want rps and they want them now...

/hug illu :>

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Nice fight at those trebs Illu (/me = 2 handed pala that fought you there) ... were you actually unbuffed you only dropped a couple of buffs :(

If so I never want to meet you buffed :(

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
mids always only drop 3 buffs, has ALWAYS been like that ;-p
unless its been fixed!

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Spamb0t said:
mids always only drop 3 buffs, has ALWAYS been like that ;-p
unless its been fixed!

edit: Calmness, extra health and protection .. nevermind me then :p

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Difficult to say why as I wasn't there but, maybe they were getting fed up with the 2 high RR hib grps just farming randoms all night. I know quite a few albs were logging because of it. Can't exactly be much of a challenge for them and a bit lame in my mind. Hope the 'l33t boyz' take their action to agromon and do their precious 8v8 there.

The iRvR in mid has generally been a great laugh though and there is always some action between notts and bled.

E_E

Loyal Freddie
I dont know why some albs cut the irvr, its the way every1 gets more rps and more action, these days its boring roaming agramon for 30 mins without meeting any1

Personaly i prefer irvr hib > alb > mid so middies why dont u roam down by berk and play with some siege toys and some hibbies might rent a warboat thing

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Hawkwind said:
Difficult to say why as I wasn't there but, maybe they were getting fed up with the 2 high RR hib grps just farming randoms all night. I know quite a few albs were logging because of it. Can't exactly be much of a challenge for them and a bit lame in my mind. Hope the 'l33t boyz' take their action to agromon and do their precious 8v8 there.

The iRvR in mid has generally been a great laugh though and there is always some action between notts and bled.

So when the zerg gets pwned it's lame? :(

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
Hawkwind said:

Yes they should go /duel eachother in agramon :drink:

Puppet

Part of the furniture
I wish Albs would totally ruin iRvR so I can have decent fights instead of this load of crap.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Presumably the same reason that Mids take Beno 4 when they hold Berks....not as if it's only the Albs that do it

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
I hate iRvR....
not necessarily because of what effect it has on the game, but the abbreviation smells too much like Apple :touch:

V

vintervargen15

the 'endgame' of daoc atm seems to be "fuck things up for others as much as possible" instead of "RvR"

DrunkSkunk

Fledgling Freddie
vintervargen15 said:
the 'endgame' of daoc atm seems to be "fuck things up for others as much as possible" instead of "RvR"

so one realm fucks over the other realm but thats not Realm vs Realm.. WTF? :)

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
Presumably the same reason that Mids take Beno 4 when they hold Berks....not as if it's only the Albs that do it

Of course the Mids do the same. And they get yelled at too - every realm has it's idiots. :)

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Could it be that the only way to get people to actually leave the safety of their keep is to go take one of their towers maybe?

No fun fighting Mids when you hit them once and they piss off back to their 30 guard mates.

I'm guessing that it was only 1fg of albs that took the tower, and you say there was over 20 mids online.. try blaming the lazy idiots that didn't bother to defend imo!
Then I guess the game these days seems to be log on, count the number of RP's you make, pat yourself on the back, log off. If anyone does anything to reduce the number of RP's you can farm at your doorstep they are a retard eh?

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
because too much of the same gets boring.

after a week of general fun between nott and bled, some wanted to shift the fight a bit and take / defend a tower for a while.

retake the frigging tower, what is the problem ?

leaving irvr situation intact just feels so unnatural. where is the fun without a danger or possibility for change ?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Solari said:
So when the zerg gets pwned it's lame? :(

No, not at all but farming randoms up and down mid coast is. which is mostly what they did. They played bloody well, kiting albs back to water if more came. Just don't think its much of a challenge for them.

The only way they died, which was not often, was when albs waited for numbers and zerged them.

What's lame is the same people moan about zergs adn want 8v8 then go join in the zerging.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Hawkwind said:
No, not at all but farming randoms up and down mid coast is. which is mostly what they did. They played bloody well, kiting albs back to water if more came. Just don't think its much of a challenge for them.

The only way they died, which was not often, was when albs waited for numbers and zerged them.

What's lame is the same people moan about zergs adn want 8v8 then go join in the zerging.

They were fun. I just targeted staj to whined him up and casted a ton of pets.. managed to kill him once when i popped out water and died the rest as expected. But then i wasnt trying to win a fight, just be annoying :D

E

Eruptix

anyone that cuts IRvR is silly

BUUTT
irvr in mid sucks anyway,so maybe its good

givf irvr in alb/hib

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Hawkwind said:

I think it's one of the greatest challenges for a rvr group in this game to farm the zergs in between two Irvr keeps maybe?...

Credit to ourgroup + friends for their gameplay, you can't expect to have "randoms" (with all due respect to those being refered to here I'm not digging at you merely using a term here everyone can understand.) kill one of the best groups in the game without a lot of dying.

Phake

Fledgling Freddie
Eruptix said:
anyone that cuts IRvR is silly

BUUTT
irvr in mid sucks anyway,so maybe its good

givf irvr in alb/hib

agree .. Irvr in mid is crazyboring :p .. gif in alb imo .. hibs and mids .. plz take our keeps :p .. hehe .. crazy imo is that RvR activity goes up like 500% when iRvR is up .. so i cant really understand why ppl dont want it .. dont ppl want an active RvR? .. if they dont .. they should stay in PvE mode ..and farm me some scrolls imo.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Hawkwind said:

They were looking for their precious 8 v 8 fair guild fights of cause ! They just so happend to be looking for them in the middle of the lowbie random trio's, soloers and semi-filled groups trying to get out of nottmoor alive.

And then they whine when people add on them when they finally do get a 8 v 8 with glee. Personally I wont hesitate to add on these hypocrits in future.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Sigh I would love to try it but thing is its nie impossible!:/

Phake said:
agree .. Irvr in mid is crazyboring :p .. gif in alb imo .. hibs and mids .. plz take our keeps :p .. hehe .. crazy imo is that RvR activity goes up like 500% when iRvR is up .. so i cant really understand why ppl dont want it .. dont ppl want an active RvR? .. if they dont .. they should stay in PvE mode ..and farm me some scrolls imo.

Sigh, I would love to, problem is RvR activity is so low atm that its nie impossible to even get close to getting an alb keep. (unless its in the middle of the night I guess)

When ever you take a tower albs raze it within seconds. (that was a great feature Mythic thanks for that...-sarchasm-). When you go for a wall/door you have 20000 sorcs who spam boltrange mess so youll be spending the evening messed unless you get either: Nearsighted by firewizzes with lol range instakill bolts (especially from them towers), and if you actually by pure luck manage to get 1 alb killed you wount be able to throw another spell for the rest of the evening because that lucky bastard will be monsterressed 24/7 enjoying the rps.

So, unless Trollum and his gang goes out on a midnight raid its prolly not gonna happen anytime soon, and to be honest if it does happen the monsterress serg will retake it within minutes!:/

/Charmangle

ps. In this patch its just more fun to do /quit and go watch a movie than even try to defend or attack something for mids, we just dont have any comparable siege tools to Albs or Hibs!:/ Now fg RvR is ofc another thing, not that fun with that either though, since there doesnt seem to be more than a few groups out at all. Sorry to be a downer, it just feels like Mythic is deliberatly trying to make people leave the game. Who knows maybe intime for W.A.R it will be completely deserted ? ds.

illu

Part of the furniture
Pirkel said:
Nice fight at those trebs Illu (/me = 2 handed pala that fought you there) ... were you actually unbuffed you only dropped a couple of buffs :(

If so I never want to meet you buffed :(

Hehe - yup I was happy trebbing away on that unclaimed Alb keep and saw you coming on your horse. I couldn't stealth as I'd just launched a treb and was in combat, and saw you were a warder and thought - this fight should be ok :>
Then you killed me LOL :p
I recorded and played back the fight and you were right, my shammy had logged itself out whilst I was running between Glen->Nott->Glen->Fens->Glen->Nott :) So I was only missing specs, but that was enough to me to hit like a girl and not evade as much as usual :(

Good fight though, I'll lookout for you in the future :>

Oli - Illu

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
i kinda like the situation as it is, nottmoor side of the river is complete free for all zerg madness, blendrake side of the river is nice for 8v8 fights, hadrians/brynja are nice for solo fights.

places to go for everyone - when there is no instarvr its just small magegroups that camp crau bridge and so on. booooooring :(

both albs and mids seriously owned us whenever we tried to go near nottmoor today, just way too many for us to handle and too much constant pressure on everyone. sure there were a lot of smaller groups to kill there, but well, i don't think anyone can expect anything differently there. nor will anyone whine about getting added on or zerged there :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom