Why do Albs shoot themselves in the foot all the time by cutting off iRvR?

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Im not a fan of iRvR but I can tolerate it so long as its not in my frontier. However I have to agree at the moment there are options, with the zergs between bled and nottmoor and HW for the soloers.

sopan

Fledgling Freddie
the idea of iRvR is good but when albs either camp bridge with zerg or stay so close to their keep so they can run back as soon as the are getting beaten the game looses it charm. Grow some balls and go with small grps in mornings and bigger later on. As it is now u have 2 fgs running eirly as hell farming small grps. I just dont see the fun in it. Its sad to see a realm consisting of some many cowards.

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Well shit happens sometimes, all realms do it anyway. Some to annoy and some out of boredom and a few silly ones doin it for some other darn reason.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
sopan said:
the idea of iRvR is good but when albs either camp bridge with zerg or stay so close to their keep so they can run back as soon as the are getting beaten the game looses it charm. Grow some balls and go with small grps in mornings and bigger later on. As it is now u have 2 fgs running eirly as hell farming small grps. I just dont see the fun in it. Its sad to see a realm consisting of some many cowards.

coming from you thats fucking funny

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
iRVR is boring.

last time i looked this game was about taking towers and keeps and if possible relics - rather than this deathmatch crap.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Kagato said:
They were looking for their precious 8 v 8 fair guild fights of cause ! They just so happend to be looking for them in the middle of the lowbie random trio's, soloers and semi-filled groups trying to get out of nottmoor alive.

And then they whine when people add on them when they finally do get a 8 v 8 with glee. Personally I wont hesitate to add on these hypocrits in future.
because every 8v8 should just log if they cant find 8v8 action, and how do you know that this particular group wanted 8v8? and not 8vzerg?

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Malcolm said:
iRVR is boring.

last time i looked this game was about taking towers and keeps and if possible relics - rather than this deathmatch crap.
last time i looked this game was about having fun in your the way you enjoy most - if it wasnt made for 8v8, why then make it possible to grp max. 8 and not a monster zerg in 1 grp?

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
if it wasnt made for 8v8, why then make it possible to grp max. 8 and not a monster zerg in 1 grp?
u can make cg/bg for many many more ;p its just 8 max in a group to make it easier to coordinate!

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Corran said:
They were fun. I just targeted staj to whined him up and casted a ton of pets.. managed to kill him once when i popped out water and died the rest as expected. But then i wasnt trying to win a fight, just be annoying :D

aye petting double RS afk caster from water, such an achivement. :worthy:

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Stallion said:

Staj has an excuse of why he died?!? Well that is totally new and unexpected!!

Corran

Part of the furniture
Stallion said:

You were running around (got you as you just got there, then you died as you ran up the hill :p )

And it not the achivement of killing you, just the one of being a bitch and a constant pain in your ass since you stated that you would get every group you in to add/zerg me.

Just reinforced that if i see you then i should attack, still will leave most 8vs8 but moment you in a zerg zone and im passing i will just throw pets at you (dont care about rest of ya group :p )

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
Huntingtons said:
last time i looked this game was about having fun in your the way you enjoy most - if it wasnt made for 8v8, why then make it possible to grp max. 8 and not a monster zerg in 1 grp?

A) If the game was designed for 8v8 there'd be instances where you could only meet another FG.

B) there's more to the reasons for the 8 person limit for a group than RvR...something called PvE i think it's called?

Yes the game is about having fun playing the way you want to play providing it doesn't go against the CoC.

Just don't yell at other people in-game or create whine threads on FH because people find their fun in taking towers and keeps as the game is designed for just because you want to keep your precious iRvR.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Malcolm said:
A) If the game was designed for 8v8 there'd be instances where you could only meet another FG.
I suppose you're right about the game not being designed for just having fg-fg fights, but exactly what is the fun/challenge in winning a fight by outnumbering enemies 2-10 to one?

Ging

Part of the furniture
Straef said:
I suppose you're right about the game not being designed for just having fg-fg fights, but exactly what is the fun/challenge in winning a fight by outnumbering enemies 2-10 to one?

like the fun/challenge of the high rr set group wtfpooning low-mid lvl rr pugs with limited comms who arnt used to playing with each other!

mind u straef it got me thinking the gray con mobs that repeatedly kill u must also whine that there is no challenge left :)

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
Straef said:

Dunno you'll need to ask the lame bridge camping hibs (maximumpower etc) that got my solo non-smite cleric on the way back from spending all this evening repairing berks door :p

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm...well the question can always be put another way...

Straef said:

Exactly what is the fun/challenge in winning a fight outnumbering your opponents total RR 2-10 to one?

There is no difference what so ever in a fg of rr10 + people wiping the floor with a fg of rr3, compared to a zerg of 20 lowrrs hitting 5 highrrs in a zerging.

And in my opinion atleast 75% of the fg fights are NOT even RRs.

Same goes for the zerg...75% of the fights are zerg vs fewer people. But sometimes its a nicely even zerg vs zerg and thats fun for all parties...(unless there is an OP class that allows them to with 2-3 people wipe the entire serg under 10 seconds)

/Charmangle

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Ging said:
like the fun/challenge of the high rr set group wtfpooning low-mid lvl rr pugs with limited comms who arnt used to playing with each other!

mind u straef it got me thinking the gray con mobs that repeatedly kill u must also whine that there is no challenge left :)
I don't recall ever having said that there's joy in fucking over randoms/soloers/low rr groups, and I don't think there is. Unless it happens to be Dwera, near a bridge, trying to get away :)
If anything, the only thing that makes those fights worthwhile, are the rps. And that reason hardly applies to zerging, which makes it of no use to me ;p

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
charmangle said:
Exactly what is the fun/challenge in winning a fight outnumbering your opponents total RR 2-10 to one?

There is no difference what so ever in a fg of rr10 + people wiping the floor with a fg of rr3, compared to a zerg of 20 lowrrs hitting 5 highrrs in a zerging.

And in my opinion atleast 75% of the fg fights are NOT even RRs.

Same goes for the zerg...75% of the fights are zerg vs fewer people. But sometimes its a nicely even zerg vs zerg and thats fun for all parties...(unless there is an OP class that allows them to with 2-3 people wipe the entire serg under 10 seconds)

/Charmangle
It's not all about ranks, for starters, as I've had some good fights against Crimson Tear and the like when they first appeared, and I don't think they were particulary high rank, tho I must admit I never really checked ;p And it's not like I run around in rr11 set groups myself.
There is a difference between zerging and being outnumbered rps-wise, as even low realm rank characters can be properly geared up, aswell as picking a proper setup for their group, which are two very important parts of winning a fight, the third being a proper player. If you've got those things, available to anyone, regardless of rank, it's defenitly possible to beat a highly ranked group.
Anyway, what I meant is that even if being higher realm rank will increase your damage output, utility and such, it won't double or triple them, which will happen with a zerg, not to mention the interrupts caused by the numerous enemy casters, while only having a certain amount in a fg. When you do see a single fg of high realm rank players beating a zerg, or at least doing well against them, I think it's mainly due to them being experienced players, extending so certain members of the zerg will be easy to kill, whilst keeping themselves from being surrounded.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
charmangle said:

I'd guess part of the fun could conceviably come from getting to the situation where you outnumber your opponents 10-1..

If the game was played in the way i'm guessing Mythic originally conceived it, then the realms are at war with each other. If all 3 realms have an equal number of people logged on then you should only get beaten 10-1 by being in the wrong place tactically on the map. i.e. away from your realm mates. I'm sure in the historical battles that have occured in real life people didn't say.. hey we've split the enemy lines and outnumber them 5-1 at this point along their defenses.. They look to have erm.. 50 people there.. ok lets send in 50 men first and if they lose, we'll give them time to rest back up, then send in the next wave.

Tower takes could be done by strike teams with the aim of getting in and taking the towers before the enemy zerg got to them, or strikes against the enemy lines designed to split them up, cutting off reinforcement routes etc.

That's not how 80% of the population choose to play of course, but there's probably as much skill in having groups positioned at the right places on the map in a realm war like setting as there is having a caster positioned properly in an 8v8 fight. The proper relic raid leaders of old understood this, which is probably why they were much better affairs than the zerg it till it crumbles way they are done today.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Malcolm said:
Just don't yell at other people in-game or create whine threads on FH because people find their fun in taking towers and keeps as the game is designed for just because you want to keep your precious iRvR.

:drink:

Blow

Fledgling Freddie
Im not a big fan of Irvr either, when we took nott 2 weeks back, I expected mids would
have it back the next morning, only option to destroy the Irvr is by cutting port
or trying another keep. I most likely will try to destroy a port or flame a keep tonight,
but that depends on how the situation is when i come online.

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
Straef said:
It's not all about ranks, for starters, as I've had some good fights against Crimson Tear and the like when they first appeared, and I don't think they were particulary high rank, tho I must admit I never really checked ;p And it's not like I run around in rr11 set groups myself.
There is a difference between zerging and being outnumbered rps-wise, as even low realm rank characters can be properly geared up, aswell as picking a proper setup for their group, which are two very important parts of winning a fight, the third being a proper player. If you've got those things, available to anyone, regardless of rank, it's defenitly possible to beat a highly ranked group.
Anyway, what I meant is that even if being higher realm rank will increase your damage output, utility and such, it won't double or triple them, which will happen with a zerg, not to mention the interrupts caused by the numerous enemy casters, while only having a certain amount in a fg. When you do see a single fg of high realm rank players beating a zerg, or at least doing well against them, I think it's mainly due to them being experienced players, extending so certain members of the zerg will be easy to kill, whilst keeping themselves from being surrounded.

mind u killing a fg of alb lords as rr3-6 grp is fucking hard.... we try each night :( we can put up good fight and sometimes we win, but mostly the outcome is always the same.... we get pooned :(

Killswitch

FH is my second home
I still reckon that no-one has ever got RR11 through fair and competitive FG fights. What happens is that the supa-FG people get Vent, roll opted classes and play 8 hours a day, farming soloers, duos, PUGs etc. to get RPs.

Then, once the group has all the tools they need (like RR7+) they can compete with the other GGs who have done the same, while still farming people who haven't got a chance to defend themselves to get yet more RPs.

That is probably how it should work, but I think the idea of the Holier-Than-Thou 8v8 Honour Crew is a bit of a lie really. It should really be the We Play Coz We Like 8v8 But We're Happy To Zerg And Ruin The Fun Of Others For Arr Pees Meights!!!

Tbh if you want quality 8v8 then stay away from bridges and keeps and sort it out on IRC or summat. Only reason to come to chokepoints is for easy RPs with no challenge and to roll over defenceless players. But then what would happen to your LWRP?!?! Oh noes!

Nothing like getting my 1v1s added on by Our Group (or just being ganked solo) when they chase across half a zone to kill my RR5 scout or my RR3 reaver (I'm looking at you Kippie :p)

Ging

Part of the furniture
Killswitch said:
I still reckon that no-one has ever got RR11 through fair and competitive FG fights. What happens is that the supa-FG people get Vent, roll opted classes and play 8 hours a day, farming soloers, duos, PUGs etc. to get RPs.

Then, once the group has all the tools they need (like RR7+) they can compete with the other GGs who have done the same, while still farming people who haven't got a chance to defend themselves to get yet more RPs.

That is probably how it should work, but I think the idea of the Holier-Than-Thou 8v8 Honour Crew is a bit of a lie really. It should really be the We Play Coz We Like 8v8 But We're Happy To Zerg And Ruin The Fun Of Others For Arr Pees Meights!!!

Tbh if you want quality 8v8 then stay away from bridges and keeps and sort it out on IRC or summat. Only reason to come to chokepoints is for easy RPs with no challenge and to roll over defenceless players. But then what would happen to your LWRP?!?! Oh noes!

Nothing like getting my 1v1s added on by Our Group (or just being ganked solo) when they chase across half a zone to kill my RR5 scout or my RR3 reaver (I'm looking at you Kippie :p)

Agreed with ALL of that - and its my aim to become a high rr wanker as well, atm im mid rr semi wanker but i hope to gain in wank and get promoted to Lord wankship asap!

Such talk of wank!

Radar Love was a fantastic song!

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
griralith said:
mind u killing a fg of alb lords as rr3-6 grp is fucking hard.... we try each night :( we can put up good fight and sometimes we win, but mostly the outcome is always the same.... we get pooned :(
Sure, it's not the easiest thing in the world, but at least there's a chance they just had a fight and some of their abilities are down, or you'll catch them off guard with a good mez or so, while either of those wouldn't really help against a zerg, as there's no way you'll have several fg's mezzed long enough to make sure you'll win, and they won't really need their ra's up, as they've got like 200% dmg output already :p
Killswitch said:
But that'd be against the CoC :d

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Killswitch said:

we have done some nasty shit between nott and bled, my apologies. :( (awful spot to solo though!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom