why did people go too avalon?

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Have to say, though I know that people will disgaree, once many of the 8 man groups left, many of the people who were on a KoS list were taken away. Certain players who everyone knew who were good and they just wanted them to be dead, disappared.

How many hib/mids really really wanted to kill outlaw or zoyster each time back in OF? Most of the infamous people disappeared and there was no longer a great satisfaction in a large part of the kills. This is what has killed the spirit of the game for me. While I know I'm not a great soloer, it was a case of go out, kill someone you didnt recognise then get killed by 3 or 4 more adders.

No offence to some of the still infamous people on the server but from a point of view outside this box, killing people who were labelled as infamous was much more fun.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
kite groups make me laugh. :D

Kite groups aka runaway from the enemies mates. was with a kite group they were just shit.

Anywho the asshats that scream "DONT ADD" if you go anywhere near a fight in NF are the problem with dyvet.

For an E&E, you really are out of the loop. Kite groups really were most of the stronger, more recent groups out there. If you whine about them, it's probably because you died to them a lot.

It's just another valid tactic such as pb bombing, rush tank groups or any other well thought way of playing.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Its not about kiting or not kiting, its more about how you play as a caster.. if I get to generalize abit, german groups with a few casters, did not try to avoid interrupts, its fine as long as they live, many of whom actully pushed while having tanks on them (respect to their druids/clerics) for succeding. But the vast majority of tactics is not base upon positions, but more about active realm abilities. im not saying 'hey just because you have moc3 your a bad caster..' I just think its based on another playstyle.. What the germans certanly did not like (if I may generalize again) was that us (as of casters) did not stay in interrupts (thus moving backwards) and avoided it long before it hit us, equal a far off position regarded as kiting. Dyvet 'tactics' as of pulling tanks out of healrange to kill them, was regarded as abusing kiting, and was thereby lame.

Its a clash of 2 different playstyles, surely the german group of satori played with 2-4 casters in a way like dyvet. with full passive specced casters, on the other hand majority of other groups had their casters with moc, and with it always beeing up, there was never any use to pull off back to avoid interrupts. So as soon as you countered it by running out of moc range etc, you were regarded as lame, because they expected (once again generalizing) that you would do the same. Fights often sometimes looked rather chaotic, groups ontop of eachother. This certainly was easy to spot the first days we played on avalon. And it was hard for us to work around the dumping standing ontop of eachother.

I dont belive its a matter of kiting, some of you who post in this thread think they whine about kiting, when its actully just another way of playing a caster. Not depending on active abilities. And I dont see the point of kiting with 3 tanks and 2 casters or whatever hybridgroup... although there is a point in having space as a caster, it does not imply any general kiting 'tactic'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom