why did people go too avalon?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
oh cool, must be good then!

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
i really been trying to come back here to play. Both cause i have friends around but also cause i like to be able to play hero and other characters that i have.
But frankly im having more fun in US most of the time. My hero is now outdated and fixing a new template seems almost doomed since the lack of people farming or doing raids etc. And competing now with all the new toys is harder from what it seems.
Would like it to be different and that i could make him ready and then have fun on excalibur.
But the state of rvr is also much worse then on killbury. Sure the zerging is worse there. But then the excitement is much higher rvring...cause i dont know what to expect when going out there.
Here i know im gonna have less fights...and most of them just duels. I would prefer to get my fights from roaming or from being jumped by duos trios even maybe.
Im gonna give excalibur this vecation i have now , will try to complete temp and make a few runs a week. if i dont find any enjoyment from that. Il wait until we get clustered or so. Cause its just too dead:(
/hugs eb/sol.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Filename game_2006-09-23_07-02-21-e.avi
File Size 476.36 MB (499,503,472 Bytes)
Uploaded by HornerDAOC

Just a wild guess, and a little tip, if you actually want people to download your 20 second clips you might wanna compress them just a teansy bit. 480mb for less than a minutes footage, good going. ^^

LOL

kivik

Part of the furniture
Uploaded by HornerDAOC

Just a wild guess, and a little tip, if you actually want people to download your 20 second clips you might wanna compress them just a teansy bit. 480mb for less than a minutes footage, good going. ^^

rofl :D

"what's up with the low IQ on the english boards?"

Keep asking yourself that horner :)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Its a vicious circle

The server is low pop already, making those that want rvr leave to Limors or the American servers, making the server population get lower.

It also depends on the playstyle, the fg left when the other fgs left due to mindless zerging(mainly due to Albs) and AlarmClocking(mainly american)

This was not helped with GOA sticking their beak in when it wasnt needed with the TT incident, making a lot of the forumites quit(I know its not the whole population, but its a chunk of it).

Add to that the server crash and the constant problems with opentransit and you get a lovely mix of hate :p

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Well, you only have to look at how Albion plays RVR these days. That leaves very little to the imagination as to 'how' much RVR sucks now. :/

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
because some people took the initiative to build a new setgroup, once you have eight players you discuss some things like which groupsetup, who on which class, who rolls buffbots, how to pve, and more important for this discussion: which server

the choice between dyvet and avalon at that time was very, very easy to make. :p

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
The above poster is a perfect example of why anyone would leave Dyvet. Could he be any more retarded?

You calling me retarded? Thats a bit uncalled for, someone asked why anyone would leave Dyvet, I stated my reasons.

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
Uploaded by HornerDAOC

hahaha what an idiot.

High population doesn't help when everybody left on Dyvet atm zergs and adds 24/7..

On Limors/Stonehenge/US servers you can atleast get what you are looking for

Zergers and adders has been left alone on Dyvet and most of them seem to have a jolly good time nailing in the last nails in the coffin of the once great server

US is worse for adding and zerging tbh.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Samaroon|Terracotta said:
US is worse for adding and zerging tbh.

The problem on Dyvet actually wasn't the adding and zerging as can be seen from the other servers.

On other servers you know when you go out your going to get added on and zerged, so you can play to that style. On Dyvet what happened was you ran about getting zerged 24/7 by half the population, and couldn't fight them back without the other half getting pissed off with you adding.

Part of soloing is positioning for fights, killing someone on a travel route before adds turned up to help them. That all got lost on Dyvet. Adding on any fight became a criminal offence, meaning that travel routes never got established in favour of dueling circles. Half the server of course never subscribed to this so zerged you down on sight meaning most nights involved running about seeing fights you had to run past folloed by getting run over by 6 people that didn't care.

You can have one or the other, you can't have both. Adding none of the time by everyone works. Adding all the time by everyone works. The no-mans land Dyvet lived in doesn't. Both can agree to play in different zones and that would work. Dyvet has enough people only interested in pissing off the other side however that it would never work. If you establised a no adding zone the zergers would go there purely to get FH whine. It's these idiots that other servers lack. They add and zerg yeah.. They do it for fun not just to piss off other players however, so there's not lots of them running round a no add zone out of the way.

krall

Fledgling Freddie
To be honest most of the problem lie in some ppl haveing to tell other's how to play, and trying to inforce there "rules" on other's - be it the "zerger" or the "fair" players - on a :rolleyes:public forums like this. Freddys is the perfect place to vent ur frustations - irl problems or ingame - and say things that would never have been sayed face to face. I know its a pain to be added on - but to take a piss on public forum over a computergame - well imo its sad at best....

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Part of soloing is positioning for fights, killing someone on a travel route before adds turned up to help them. That all got lost on Dyvet.

yer thats a problem... I mean all the towers on berk are released mids have eras... and the 20 or so active hibs (prolly 10 soloers, couple of little mini groups etc) cba to take... theres no concept really of Realm V Realm now...

The only realm which has a fair amount of peeps out is alb.

Where there was constant Widespread RVR, the soloers could find a nice and routes to go hunt in... where ofc u could get added on but it was much less likely and maybe a chance of an add or something is cool...

whereas now on dyvet everywhere is dead except for where the alb doorstep hotspot is... and if u go there your insta toasted and /rofled.... so all thats really left are the little spots the peeps find to fight etc... (crau mainly)

feels very mundane, when all the sneaks in the area dont even bother stealthing... The ones that do your on such good terms with your not even sure if you should attack them...

the server is dead now really and GOA have really shot themselves on the foot by not doing anything...

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
You calling me retarded? Thats a bit uncalled for, someone asked why anyone would leave Dyvet, I stated my reasons.

Shish, not you of course hun! Aiava of course, the average dyvet scum in person.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Despite getting zerged down left right and centre, soloing on avalon is a breath of fresh air tbh. Proper hunting, etching out a living - rather than the incestous thing going on at DC etc. Not sure would be much fun doing it without speed or stealth tho.

Exactly what someone said about travel routes. When there's stuff *moving* keeps changing hands, relic raids etc, can make alot of kills. When this isn't going on, no solo targets to pick on and the action = getting zerged down at bridges.

Think when/if we get a pan-euro cluster peeps play style will have to go that way as no way they krauts et al gonna be told what to do from what will definately be a minority.

Just hope GoA can sort something out soon b4 every fucks off to WAR...so at least english players can experience an active, healthy server again before they finish and leave the game on a positive note.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
soloing/mini-grping on Limors is much better because you just have so many options where to go, and actually meet enemies, you can easily avoid the zergs there!

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Despite getting zerged down left right and centre, soloing on avalon is a breath of fresh air tbh. Proper hunting, etching out a living - rather than the incestous thing going on at DC etc. Not sure would be much fun doing it without speed or stealth tho.

Exactly what someone said about travel routes. When there's stuff *moving* keeps changing hands, relic raids etc, can make alot of kills. When this isn't going on, no solo targets to pick on and the action = getting zerged down at bridges.

Think when/if we get a pan-euro cluster peeps play style will have to go that way as no way they krauts et al gonna be told what to do from what will definately be a minority.

Just hope GoA can sort something out soon b4 every fucks off to WAR...so at least english players can experience an active, healthy server again before they finish and leave the game on a positive note.

yeh really hope they do something soon.
A clustering should be inc very soon im...

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
NFD tried the limors experiment because we we're after full group fights, and the population on duvet had reached the point where there werent enough full groups to make that viable. Along side the terrible way that TT we're treated, the AC raiding also contributed by making people generally feel that duvet was waste of time, ruled by the lowest common denominator of players and play.

For NFD repurcussions still very strong, a guild that had over 20 active people on in any night, and had the biggest population alliance of Prib now only sees two or three on and the alliance is disbanded.

Those players who log on now do it mostly for solo action, as the full group scene is all but dead - though we still get some enjoyment from the LCD play and solo in short bursts.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
To be honest most of the problem lie in some ppl haveing to tell other's how to play, and trying to inforce there "rules" on other's - be it the "zerger" or the "fair" players - on a :rolleyes:public forums like this. Freddys is the perfect place to vent ur frustations - irl problems or ingame - and say things that would never have been sayed face to face. I know its a pain to be added on - but to take a piss on public forum over a computergame - well imo its sad at best....

Pretty much sums it up for me.

Example: When you are running a fg and run past a fg v fg fight (hibs v mids), leaving them to fight and then run into an alb fg a short distance away, engage them only to have the hibs you left to fight earlier steamroll into the albs mid-fight yelling "Don't add FFS noobs!"....kind of pisses you off.

I play for fun which for me is having a good time with my guild mates and in-game mates in rvr, when players of my own realm go out of their way to upset that fun on a regular basis it's time to call it a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom