WHUUT! server upgrade!

BimboBane

Fledgling Freddie
:clap:
Server updates : Dartmoor & Prydwen
[2004-24-05]

As announced in the last Friday news, the update of the game servers continues. Prydwen will be updated on Tuesday the 25th and will thus be shutdown at 10 o'clock, it will be unavailable for two to three hours. Dartmoor will be updated on Wednesday the 26th at the same time of day. Orcanie and Carnac are scheduled soon. All players concerned should benefit from the better performance afterward.

*F*I*N*A*L*Y* all it took was month's of whiining. :touch:

//BimboBane af Fetstryk

flink

Fledgling Freddie
Does this mean I cant lag strafe any more? ;)
*looks innocent*

Martok

Part of the furniture
yay no more mid zerg zone crash's in emain and odins.

Eroa

Banned
BimboBane said:
*F*I*N*A*L*Y* all it took was month's of whiining. :touch:

//BimboBane af Fetstryk

think you misspelt a word there.

its Years... . not Month's

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
Ill bet 100 gold that somethign goes wrong and servers will be down till late evening :D

Keeilb

Fledgling Freddie
and when i was 4 bubs away from lvl 50 on my healer :(

Martok

Part of the furniture
ill see your 100g and bet their is a small rollback 2 for another 50 g

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
Lubbock said:
Ill bet 100 gold that somethign goes wrong and servers will be down till late evening :D
hahah u will loose muppet...and bigtime to :p go back to hiding gimpy :p

Kained_again

Fledgling Freddie
yay for server upgrade :clap:

About time, but good to see something is being done, and they -really- are upgrading servers one at a time

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
What exactly does an "Upgrade" mean here, CPU, Disks Memory. New motherboard/cpu/memory ?

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
SkarIronfist said:
What exactly does an "Upgrade" mean here, CPU, Disks Memory. New motherboard/cpu/memory ?
Since it's Prydwen I guess they're now using 2 ZX81 instead of 1....
Load balancing you know :D

Jareth Spellfire

Fledgling Freddie
To be honest i have not really noticed what the upgrade did. Perhaps the stability is better ? Or perhaps it's just a way so soothe mythic into giving New Frontiers into GOA's hands instead of looking for a new provider.... I think the latter, but we will see...

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
SkarIronfist said:
I was thinking coloured SATA cables and a transparent side panel.
I wanted glowy LED case fans but they were boring and installed a brand new bi-Xeon box instead.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Requiel said:
I wanted glowy LED case fans but they were boring and installed a brand new bi-Xeon box instead.

woot a GM with a sense of humour :eek2:

we entering a golden age in dark age? :D

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:

feed the tech-geeks with more details. :D

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Cylian said:
feed the tech-geeks with more details. :D
I'm not a server tech so I don't have that info. From what I understand the main box that runs all the different bits of Prydwen is a brand new machine running 2 Xeon chips. This means that Pryd is now running exactly the same hardware configuration as Excalibur and the larger French and German servers.

Skrad

Fledgling Freddie
Krakatau said:
Since it's Prydwen I guess they're now using 2 ZX81 instead of 1....
Load balancing you know :D

*conveniently ignoring Requiel's post*

No silly, they gave us 2 ZX81's last upgrade. This time they added 16k ram packs to the back of each of them :D

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Skrad said:
*conveniently ignoring Requiel's post*

No silly, they gave us 2 ZX81's last upgrade. This time they added 16k ram packs to the back of each of them :D

Hope they remembered the double-sided sticky tape to stop them falling out when someone breathes in their direction ;)

Breon

Fledgling Freddie
Has anyone noticed any improvement?

Stuck at work atm :eek6:

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
good work on the servers... now get those french arses ower to the account department and fix those problems, so ppl can actuly play on shiny new servers (yes, i waaaaaaant to play)

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
that one's gonna be a classic i think ^^

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Bah! This must be a conspiracy! First, my internet gets stolen (sort of. The modem company picked up the cable modem 2/3 weeks early), and then GoA finally upgrades Prydwen! Evil!

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Uhm

Requiel said:
I'm not a server tech so I don't have that info. From what I understand the main box that runs all the different bits of Prydwen is a brand new machine running 2 Xeon chips. This means that Pryd is now running exactly the same hardware configuration as Excalibur and the larger French and German servers.

Situation seems the same as before at least in Stygia (lag), Odin (less but consistent when zoning), Green Glades and hadn't time to check the rest.
Really dunno if can be my configuration of my pc (PIV 2.4 Ghz, 2 GB Ram ddr 333, HD 120 GB 7200 rpm, NVidia GEForce FX 5600 on Win 2k and ADSL 512 Kb) but in the end i can trust u that they changed server but situation didn't change accordingly tbh.

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
did same stuff tuesday what monday in game, atleast notice in primetime guildchat didnt have that normal lag, post and waite copple sec before come visible (this in meso), this was gone.
didnt move around so hard say other changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom