Politics Whitey plays divide and conquer...

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by rynnor, Jan 6, 2012.

1. DaGaffer

DaGaffer Down With That Sorta Thing

I don't think its true that every ethnic group sticks to themselves; its more accurate to say every poor ethnic group sticks to themselves. Its amazing how having a bit of money dissolves ethnic barriers.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Gumbo

Gumbo FH is my second home

That's interesting, could you post a link to the article(s) please?

3. Gwadien

Gwadien Uneducated Northern Cretin

4. Gumbo

Gumbo FH is my second home

The boyfriend was a bit fucking wet wasn't he? Those girls wouldn't have been getting up if they had tried that with my wife. Pretty shocking that they got away with that, looking at the video.

5. rynnor

rynnor Rockhound Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  6. soze

soze I am a FH squatter

I think this needs to be dealt with like a white person said the opposite about blacks. To me it seems like racism is acceptable as long as its aimed at whites.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gwadien

Well, alot of that goes down around me mate, and get away with it, there's a lad notorious for it, he's got at least 8+ counts of GBH, stuff like that, a white lad, and he gets away with it, and funnily enough when this went down, as I said, there was a massive uproar about it, and some of his friends were like omfg, why didn't they get time, 'cos dey're paki innit - look at your mate lads.

Rynnor +1 rep for writing your comment in a quote box! :D

8. Tom

Tom FH is my second home

I'll believe it when I see it.

9. Raven

Raven Brrrrr!

10. soze

soze I am a FH squatter

LMAO "kill the white slag" not racially motivated.

11. Tom

Tom FH is my second home

The news reports on that case are alarmingly similar no matter what they appear in, as they all say "kudge decided x after hearing y".

None of them say that the judge reached his decision because he heard y. In fact, none of them offer much explanation of the judge's sentencing.

12. Gwadien

Ujesus im not denying its a racist attack what I was sating was that people were saying she got away with it because theyre muslim but theres loadsa cases of whites on whites/other ethnic groups i bet these people arent bothered if it was muslim on muslim

13. Everz

Everz FH is my second home

Ethnics groups will never mix, your in la-la land if you ever think that it is possible. I'd say I come from and occassionally live in one of the most multi-cultural places in the country and there a huge clear splits everywhere. Now by never mix I mean that they'll not be segrated all the way, it's the opposite infact as all pubs/clubs/events are a massive black/white/asian mix, what I'm saying is that in the 'friends circle' ethnic groups will always stick to their own. All of my friends are white, all the asians we know stuck together and the same for blacks.

As for the racism? It happens on all sides from all ethincities, part of life. It's a tribal affair still.

14. Gwadien

I completely agree there needs to.be more of a insight into different cases back on topic why hasnt she been atleast suspended for what she has said, but if I was out in town with a bunch of lads and we got into a fight with a ethnic minority and we came out of it worse it would just be seen as a fight but if they came out worse they could easily use the race card.

15. rynnor

rynnor Rockhound Moderator

16. Gwadien

17. Scouse

Scouse HERO! FH Subscriber

Disagree with that. Got a fair few Indian friends who we see regularly. The cultural differences enhance our relationships because we're all interested in how we do things differently...

18. throdgrain

throdgrain FH is my second home

That's an exception rather than the rule.

19. Scouse

Scouse HERO! FH Subscriber

Maybe. But he said never mix. It could be that we're all well-educated and now sit in the same economic group. I agree with this:

This.

Capitalism fits into the divide-and-conquer thread very well.

20. throdgrain

21. DaGaffer

DaGaffer Down With That Sorta Thing

He's not wrong though. It doesn't take much of look at history to see that nationalism is a pretty good way for rich people to get poor people to do their fighting for them, and people can be amazingly stupid about defending the indefensible (and the English are no different to anyone else in this regard). It was one of the few things Marx was absolutely right about.

The wealthy don't care about each other's ethnicity, don't often care about each other's politics (because they're aware its usually the same crap with different labels) except as a topic of dinner party conversation. Some do care about religion, but even then that's in a few specific places (red-state Americans, Indian Hindus and Moslems, and Arabs who are usually more concerned about the the Shia/Sunni divide than the Jews. Beyond that, most wealthy people couldn't give a rat's ass about where you're from.

22. throdgrain

This is where you add religion into the equation though.

23. Ch3tan

Ch3tan I aer teh win!!

Wow, don't know where you guys live, but my group of friends are all different colours. No majority of any one colour.

Clearly I don't live in la la land.

• Like Like x 3
  24. Wazzerphuk

Wazzerphuk FH is my second home

It's called the North I think ;)

25. soze

soze I am a FH squatter

I grew up in Enfield North London where is was very racially diverse but where I live now in Essex it is not. So unless my London friends are here my group is all white, mainly English but a few Greeks.

26. Aoami

Aoami I am a FH squatter

this thread is mad