Politics Whitey plays divide and conquer...

rynnor

Rockhound
I thought this was pretty bad - not for the comment so much as the state of mind it reveals.

I dont think I'd be comfortable as a white person with an MP who regards me as part of the whitey conspiracy to hold back black people.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-16423278

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I think it was a very stupid thing to write. I don't think she actually means it as it sounds and I certainly don't think she is racist. Her excuse is utter bullshit though, she could have fitted what she is making out she meant into a tweet.

The shit storm being whipped up is hilarious though, people need to get a hobby.

Twitter is a very dangerous self owning tool in the hands of the technologically naive and these people really need to think before they say things.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Stupid and crass as cleggy said but no biggie. Her absolute lie of an excuse annoyed me more. If she'd said it's hard to convey irony on twitter then I'd have 100% backed her but her actual excuse was utter bollox. It's obvious she was comparing current white people to colonial racists.

Still no biggie though. What did amuse me is:

1.) The hysteria some people got into.
2.) The justifications some lefties (seen loads on twitter) used to determine that she'd done nothing wrong. Some argued that black people had experienced much worse than this comment so effectively she cannot be racist because they don't compare in the size of wrongdoing. Is that even an argument?

Read this:

http://33revolutionsperminute.wordpress.com/2012/01/05/racism-vs-racism-why-diane-abbott-was-right/

Trying to make out the argument I think they mean that "some people have over-reacted therefore Abbott must be correct"

Odd

rynnor

Rockhound
I think their arguement is that because a tiny % of white people control the country its ok to generalise against them based purely on race. The fact that 99.9% of whites have far more in common with everyone else regardless of race than they do with the tiny ruling elite is ignored.

It seems to me that some who campaign against racism are actually campaigning about racism used against them but dont really care about equality.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Meh. As a white man I've been subjected to much worse in terms of racial abuse. I'm just not going to piss and moan about it and throw a little "woe is me" hissy fit...

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I'm more offended by her outright snobbery and douchebaggery on frequent display on the politics show than this crap.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm more offended by the fact she's a thick fat bitch ;)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Twitter. Outing Labour party members as the douchebags that they are since 2012.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Of course she's racist. Nobody in their right mind would tweet "asians tend to own corner shops", or "black people are the best at sports". That's not far removed from what Dianne Abbott said though, when she wrote "White people love playing 'divide & rule". This, following her 1996 comment, "blonde, blue-eyed Finnish girls" in her local hospital in east London were unsuitable as nurses because they had "never met a black person before". And what about "West Indian mums will go to the wall for their children" - do white English mums also not "go to the wall for their children"?

She's a stupid racist who needs to fuckoff out of public life.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
If I wrote on twitter and I was an MP 'Blacks in London are a burden on society' (which isn't a belief, just for an example) then when confronted about it said 'ah, wasn't a generalisation, was just a rant, sorry guys. I'd still get sacked, most definately arrested.

You can't be racist to a majority I suppose - although the city I live in now has a white minority, so I guess the tides have turned! :p

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Its disappointing. Most of the time she comes across as one of the most down-to-earth MPs, and then she comes out with this shite.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
If I wrote on twitter and I was an MP 'Blacks in London are a burden on society' (which isn't a belief, just for an example) then when confronted about it said 'ah, wasn't a generalisation, was just a rant, sorry guys. I'd still get sacked, most definately arrested.

You can't be racist to a majority I suppose - although the city I live in now has a white minority, so I guess the tides have turned! :p
I think you can.

I live in DC which has a majority African American population...if I started making racist comments I'm sure I'd hear about it!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
although the city I live in now has a white minority, so I guess the tides have turned! :p

If you live in Leicester then I'd be interested to hear how 60%+ could be considered a minority.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I quite often go all day without seeing a black person, I haven't got any black friends and nor does anyone I know, I,m slightly uncomfortable talking to any ethnic minority, for no obvious reason apart from the same perceived cultural difference I would have takling to a Frenchman.
You can't just force people not to feel something that is hard wired into the brain from billions of years of evolution, it has to happen naturally, we need to chill and let everyone get used to it at a pace dictated by culture, banning the thought just stirs up a whole pile of shit.

Gwadien

If you live in Leicester then I'd be interested to hear how 60%+ could be considered a minority.
You mean white british or whites because theres probably 60% whites but a good 20% of them are eastern europeans and dont associate theirselves with other 'whites' probably due to the high amount of bnp supporting chavs we have here but im proud of the diversity its great having different cultures around like i helped a middle eastern looking guy lift a pram up some stairs earlier (although the kid was about 9) He looked at me as if to say wow a white person is bring nice and helpful and when he gave me the look i thought thats so sad that in todays society i should get looks like that, I just believe there should be equality not 'more equality' for ethnic minorities sure some have been through shit but theyre gonna get more shit if theyre pampered. It sucks to be a British White Middle-Class Male because you get attacked in every way haha (sorry for punctuation spelling and grammar on mah phone)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
You mean white british or whites because theres probably 60% whites but a good 20% of them are eastern europeans and dont associate theirselves with other 'whites' probably due to the high amount of bnp supporting chavs we have here but im proud of the diversity its great having different cultures around like i helped a middle eastern looking guy lift a pram up some stairs earlier (although the kid was about 9) He looked at me as if to say wow a white person is bring nice and helpful and when he gave me the look i thought thats so sad that in todays society i should get looks like that, I just believe there should be equality not 'more equality' for ethnic minorities sure some have been through shit but theyre gonna get more shit if theyre pampered. It sucks to be a British White Middle-Class Male because you get attacked in every way haha (sorry for punctuation spelling and grammar on mah phone)

It was more probably, crazy fucker is picking up my pram when I don't need help, please don't touch my kid, please don't touch my kid.... NO NO. IT'S MY LAWN, DON'T CUT IT!

Gwadien

It was more probably, crazy fucker is picking up my pram when I don't need help, please don't touch my kid, please don't touch my kid.... NO NO. IT'S MY LAWN, DON'T CUT IT!
Since he was struggling and smiled afterwards and since i offered

Gwadien

What's Bradford & Slough like? - in terms of minorities?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What's Bradford like?

Bradford's still majority white. The areas I lived in were majority Asian though.

Indians and Pakistani's really don't get on. At all. And many pakistani's fucking hate everyone. I wouldn't let white women walk around on their own in Bradford - my ex used to get abused verbally on every trip she took by herself. "You white fucking bitch" repeatedly, a couple of attempted gropes at "the slag", one chasing incident.

The whites are very racist in Bradford as well - it's a melting pot of social unrest. Day to day living there means that you have to perform the mental exercise of reminding yourself that it's not all of them.

Fucking great curries tho. I really miss them :)

Gwadien

Bradford's still majority white. The areas I lived in were majority Asian though.

Indians and Pakistani's really don't get on. At all. And many pakistani's fucking hate everyone. I wouldn't let white women walk around on their own in Bradford - my ex used to get abused verbally on every trip she took by herself. "You white fucking bitch" repeatedly, a couple of attempted gropes at "the slag", one chasing incident.

The whites are very racist in Bradford as well - it's a melting pot of social unrest. Day to day living there means that you have to perform the mental exercise of reminding yourself that it's not all of them.

Fucking great curries tho. I really miss them :)

Bit of a similar story around here tbh, there was a recent case of 4 muslim girls who assaulted a white girl whilst they were drunk, they got away with it, because the judge apparently said that they weren't used to alcohol, and there was a huge uproar about it - especially on Facebook - at least 100 people had posted the video/newspaper article going mad about it, but then I had to explain to most of them that white people get away with GBH loads aswell, just because the obvious sources, such as the Sun and the Daily Mail had highlighted the fact that the judge mentioned alcohol and that they were Muslim.

As I mentioned in a previous post, every ethnic group seems to keep to their selves, and it's quite sad to see, but it all stems down to a vicious circle, they stick to their selves because they get racially attacked by chavs, and then the chavs abuse them because they stick to their selves and speak to each other in their language and stuff, because they're scared of the chavs.

What made it worse was when EDL came to do their protest thing, and loads of chavs jumped on their band-wagon, which sucked, but it was nice to see that there was a mixture of white people, asians and African-Caribbean having a anti-EDL protest at the same time, together, united.

I was going to a mates house a couple of days before Christmas, it was only like 3 in the afternoon, and I walked down a alleyway, with a group of your stereotypical Muslim lads who stand about smoking weed all day, and pretty much rebel against their religion and such, as I walked past them, they stared me out, I smiled back, because I'm a cocky cunt, then they started saying stuff like 'Alright gay boy' which I couldn't work out, since I was wearing jeans and a hoodie (Not exactly gay attire). Figured it must be a defensive mechanism.

The pros and cons of a multi-cultural society :\

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom