Which class takes most skill to play?

censi

Can't get enough of FH
and which class also takes the least skill to play?

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
most = archer classes no dobut ;d

least = caster wo lifetap! 8|

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
most - bard

least sorc (solo) bd (anytime)

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
most - bard

bards are 2 button classes, press speed and when they see the enemy press insta mezz so its not hard to play them

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Ocalinn said:
bards are 2 button classes, press speed and when they see the enemy press insta mezz so its not hard to play them

yeah, i mean, they dont have to interupt, keep end going, rebuff in combat, mez, stay alive, back up heal, amnezia, rez, such simplicity!

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Raven said:
least sorc (solo)

Dont you mean solo 40b/36m spec sorc with rr5, MoC3, ML9 and a top buffed pet? :p Things which not everyone has.

least - archers

most - clerics because in a group, 2 of them have the same job to do as 3healers/shaman or 2xdruid/bard/warden in the fotm setup :p Well, not completely the same job but pretty much.

Sauruman

Loyal Freddie
kirennia said:
Dont you mean solo 40b/36m spec sorc with rr5, MoC3, ML9 and a top buffed pet? :p Things which not everyone has.

least - archers

most - clerics because in a group, 2 of them have the same job to do as 3healers/shaman or 2xdruid/bard/warden in the fotm setup :p Well, not completely the same job but pretty much.

Archers r not easy to play lolol, try to defeat assassins without FZ.

Least - Grouped people

Most - Solo people =)

Pipppi

Fledgling Freddie
Ocalinn said:
omg share more wisdom!

most - bard/healer/(grpd)sorc needo keep ppl interuptded while also healing/dmg/ccing etc

least - lifetap (shud be removed or seriously decrease dmg/hp-returned)

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
most skill: hunter-- how can a class be SO gimped compared to other archer classes

least skill: bd, sorc, sm

Calo

Part of the furniture
Depends on what u can play good. I know ppl who play brilliant as a healer so they wont say its hard playing healer, while on the other hand, i suck at being healer in rvr (i would be prolly the first healer who charged with his 1h hammer to kill mage's.. ) so for me, healer is hard class to play.

Rauno

Fledgling Freddie
i would say eld needs alot of skill to play they got so high utility and to use it fully you need very good player

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
censi said:
and which class also takes the least skill to play?

i dont think any skill is involved jsut knowledge of the class. but

imo hardest to play well would be Hib/Bard Alb/Minstrel Mid/Healer

Easiest Hib/Chanter Alb/necro Mid/BD

Rolf Erikson

Fledgling Freddie
Hardest to play and to get groups = 2-handed Thane i guess. ;)

ROLF ERIKSON
" 1 Month to go"
wr

Platin

Fledgling Freddie
hardest - Driver/MA ml10 merc(in alb anyway!), as well as driver/cc seem hard. For all non-radars that is !
easiest - bd and fire wiz are easy played classes, another thing being MA for a gank grp I guess tho :eek7:

moik

Fledgling Freddie
Looking at how ppl play on excalibur it seems playing a sorc in group is the hardest thing to do. By looking at the spells etc classes have i'd say pachealer is the hardest and wizard the easiest.

My reasoning is pretty simple, wizard has few things to do and pachealers have alot of spells they must utilize. To ppl saying that bd is easiest class to play, it might be the easiest class to win with but if you tried playing one yourself i think you would find that u have alot to do and alot u can fail in doing.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
well, I didn't play so many classes, but I guess there is no such thing as....super easy to play. You can be a healer and just spam spread till you get oom, you can be a tank and just hit random targets, but to master a class it always takes skill, so I won't say class X is uber to play, cause there is the same difference between a good bard and a shit bard as between a good chanter and a shit chanter. I played bard and druid and I find both are pretty equal on what you need ( I will not mention the 2 days I played chanter cause I sucked I think ). Both characters were divided between doing 2 things ( main cc + interrupt vs. main heal + root/interrupt ).

Also it is hard to say which class is easiest, cause in groups every class has it's role. Ofc you can generally say that the least spells you use, the easier it is to decide what exactly to use, but that doesn't make a class soooo much easier.

There's a difference in solo ofc, but we don't talk about skill anymore here, we talk about abilities. Give me an equipped boney or sorc or cabba and I take down nearly everything solo, but that's due to bad implementations and bugs ( yes, lifetap on wrong dmg/speed table etc, but we're not here to discuss that ).

Basically it comes down to a more or less personal thing what you find easiest to play. I for myself have huge problems with mages, but I like to play healing / cc a lot, so for me healing classes are easiest and mages are hardest =)

P.S. ok, I played sorc a bit in bg's and I guess I was not too bad, but must be the cc instinct that comes through =)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
BDs arn't that easy to play tbh!

I mean, what if you're ML10? There's moving onto a 2nd QB to press a button - there for not letting you instantly lifetap when it comes up.. Unless you have it qbound like I do on my BD :p

Hardest class to play: Pac Healer.
Easiest: Dark SM/Stealthers/BDs [moderatly high ranked BDs are hard]

censi

Can't get enough of FH
most skill: hunter-- how can a class be SO gimped compared to other archer classes

I would say hunters are probably the best archer class. A lot of the people that play them are gimped tbh, but ask rr7+ fully Toa'd and intelligently specced hunters if they feel gimped.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
[NO]Subedai said:
berserker hardest
bm/merc easiest

Why? Aren't they typically the same? Handful of useful styles in typical FG RvR; same abilities in principle and same ML-paths.

poky

Fledgling Freddie
The whole hardmode/easymode class issue is somewhat hard to discuss if easy and hard aint defined properly first..

It seems alot of people think weak classes are hard to play, while strong/overpowered classes are easy. This is a reasonable definition of how skilled you have to be to play a class, but its not the only one.

A in my opinion more intresting way of looking at it is to see how many useful tools a class has, and in how many diffrent situations those can be used. This would for example make firewizards fairly easy to play compared to most classes, seeing they have a very limited amount of spells, and those they have basicly do the same thing (except for root). Healers, and in perticular mend/pac healers on the other hand has countless of abilities to use, and thus chosing the perfect ability in every situation becomes alot harder..

Anyway, easiest class solo: bd
hardest class solo: not sure really, none require very much... bard maybe? ;)

easiest class in group: rm(not suppspec), wiz
hardest class in group: healer

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
hard to say any specific class takes more or less skill to play.
some said bards are a easy 2button class, id say thats wrong as most bards sucks and a few are realy good or was when i was active.
a bd or a sorc might be a easy class 1 vs 1 but when it comes to multi killing (several enemies at the same time...) or even fg vs fg sorc might be one of the harder even with the uber ra. but then again, most good players have quit
or are very inactive (tho there are some left)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom