Where you all gone! :(

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
Seems Dyvet is the server for the people who enjoy large scale warfare and siegefights (hi CM).

Personally I liked Albion better than Hib, but the action on Limors is just so much better. People actually respects fg fights.

But thats not gonna happen on Dyvet :)

Maddam Mim

Fledgling Freddie
Give Dyvet one last try

Been reading these "Dyvet suck ass" for months now and have had to endure such comments as "Dyvet players are all morons and clueless noobs" and then watching you lot get surprised, when pop goes down.

I mean, its not that hard - spread anger and hatred, and all you get is....anger and hatred.

What about, instead of spreading all that hatred - put aside your differences and come back and give it a shot. Maybe, and just maybe you will realise that "not all albs zerg and do alarm clock raids" and "not all mids use radar and have spies in bg" and "not all hibs.....are plainly hibs".

Guys, its a computer game, and ive been playing for 4 years now. Its had its ups and downs, but it aint ever been as bad as this. Seems to me like ppl cant put aside their personal issues and simply started ruining the game for others now as well. The constant recruitment to other servers, the on-going trash talk of ppl trying to keep the server alive, sometimes i get the feeling some ppl just trying to ruin it for others....just because they can.

Here's my thought, What if we (mids,hibs and albs) made an unofficial code of conduct between us. A set of rules that the majority of the population can agree on, aka. no more alarm clock raids and so forth.
And also, get your old peeps back. Reorganise and recruit - give ppl a chance and please, for goodness sake, stop the flaming. It wont do us any good.

Now i know this post will get me some flaming and i might even be ridiculed for being an optimist - but i will not sit back and watch how others are destroying my game.

So plz, mids and hibs, accept my offer of truce and let us start again.

Kind regards

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Been reading these "Dyvet suck ass" for months now and have had to endure such comments as "Dyvet players are all morons and clueless noobs" and then watching you lot get surprised, when pop goes down.

I mean, its not that hard - spread anger and hatred, and all you get is....anger and hatred.

What about, instead of spreading all that hatred - put aside your differences and come back and give it a shot. Maybe, and just maybe you will realise that "not all albs zerg and do alarm clock raids" and "not all mids use radar and have spies in bg" and "not all hibs.....are plainly hibs".

Guys, its a computer game, and ive been playing for 4 years now. Its had its ups and downs, but it aint ever been as bad as this. Seems to me like ppl cant put aside their personal issues and simply started ruining the game for others now as well. The constant recruitment to other servers, the on-going trash talk of ppl trying to keep the server alive, sometimes i get the feeling some ppl just trying to ruin it for others....just because they can.

Here's my thought, What if we (mids,hibs and albs) made an unofficial code of conduct between us. A set of rules that the majority of the population can agree on, aka. no more alarm clock raids and so forth.
And also, get your old peeps back. Reorganise and recruit - give ppl a chance and please, for goodness sake, stop the flaming. It wont do us any good.

Now i know this post will get me some flaming and i might even be ridiculed for being an optimist - but i will not sit back and watch how others are destroying my game.

Kind regards

Pretty much what we tried to endorse for years, but we failed.
It's a dead horse sadly now.

Biohazarddk

Loyal Freddie
i've been out a bit, but mostly finding the same problem as u Arauddry so going to PvE after like 1 hour with max 1-2 1v1 fights.. rest is just zergy :/

kirennia

Part of the furniture
As much as some people would love to come back if a truce was reached, there will always be people who will ignore it anyway. Can you honestly see horner popping up and saying he'll never greif again? It just aint gonna happen sadly mate :(

I'd love to play my tic again in a FG but I just can't see it happening to be honest. Seems it's doomed to a life of rare soloing, heh.

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie

Kind regards

I think I have seen your guild about last couple days? not sure if you were a guild group or just a pug, but nice to see a group out, correct me if im wrong. As for your comment, I agree, I have completely pulled myself away from all the QQ and agro and tried to only join in with "positive" threads.

Maddam Mim

Fledgling Freddie
As much as some people would love to come back if a truce was reached, there will always be people who will ignore it anyway. Can you honestly see horner popping up and saying he'll never greif again? It just aint gonna happen sadly mate :(

I'd love to play my tic again in a FG but I just can't see it happening to be honest. Seems it's doomed to a life of rare soloing, heh.

I understand your disbelieve, but why would you let a man like Horner ruing it for you? And let his actions ruin mine/ours as we have absolutely no control over what that strange little man does. But if the majority agreed on a certain play style among us, we could rise above solo actions and have fun together.

Its for the good of the whole, and there for good for us :)

Do not let wankers take over and let Dyvet die. Im offering my assistance and what ever influence i might have in the albion community. If mids and hibs would do the same, large or small - we could rise above all the crap and start again.

Septina

Part of the furniture
However well put it is it wont happen. People on Avalon have what we had on cluster a while back, superb fg vs fg action, respectful groups, zones for everyone to rvr in, fg vs fg'ers, keep siegers and even largescale warfare rvr'ers.
I really cant see many of the groups that has left already coming back to a server that maybe can offer the same if people work for it. :(

Netcode

Can't get enough of FH
I dont know about hib/alb but mids are really struggling atm to get decents grps out always some classes that misses and mid really is the unpopulated realm, and this about no AC raids etc is just pure bs just look today wake up go online and weha pow relic is open el fucktard horner out and fucking up everything, server is dieing awful fast atm. clock is soon 18:00 CET 87 mids online 47 lvl50's :( 2 healers online ^^

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Well don't let Horner take all the credit by himself now! He can't take and claim whole enemy frontiers by himself, so there has to be plenty of albs having fun with him.

Anyhow, as Sept said, why struggle to TRY get something that we already have. Would be great to get to play my old chars again on albion, but I don't really think it's worth coming back. Even getting used to the names of german trainers and sht aswell.

We have already done what we could to keep this server playable for us, and took the consequences for it. If Dyvet is to live, it's GoA's move.

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie
Well don't let Horner take all the credit by himself now! He can't take and claim whole enemy frontiers by himself, so there has to be plenty of albs having fun with him.

Anyhow, as Sept said, why struggle to TRY get something that we already have. Would be great to get to play my old chars again on albion, but I don't really think it's worth coming back. Even getting used to the names of german trainers and sht aswell.

We have already done what we could to keep this server playable for us, and took the consequences for it. If Dyvet is to live, it's GoA's move.

funny you should say that, when i checked this morning, 5 mid keeps were owned by albs, only one of them claimed, it was claimed by horner;]

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
You can always ask for 50k rps/h and say the server is dead. Or you can always say it's dead when it doesn't meet your expectations.

You can blame others for killing it or saying how better it somewhere else is.

I've been waiting for 3 months now for the server to pick up but am taking action now and trying to work a group out that wants to adapt to the situation.

I doubt Horner or CM is the problem as he is/they are still playing, maybe the people who don't give a damn about the situation and sit in the Lab or PvE or play on whatever cluster but not Dyvet or whatever are :p.

It's easy to sit back and moan from a comfartable position it's harder to work to make Dyvet a better place again.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I didn't realise i was upset lol. I was just hinting that your abit of a loser as all i seem to see you do is camp a keep/tower or in the general area lol.

Really, funny you seem to whine about people being inside a keep already everytime theres a siege on. Sure sounds like issues to me.

And if going to a keep thats about to be attacked is what qualifies a person as a loser, then that would include every single daoc player, as well as yourself. But then, you would know all about losers wouldn't you. :fluffle:

Septina

Part of the furniture
You can always ask for 50k rps/h and say the server is dead. Or you can always say it's dead when it doesn't meet your expectations.

You can blame others for killing it or saying how better it somewhere else is.

I've been waiting for 3 months now for the server to pick up but am taking action now and trying to work a group out that wants to adapt to the situation.

I doubt Horner or CM is the problem as he is/they are still playing, maybe the people who don't give a damn about the situation and sit in the Lab or PvE or play on whatever cluster but not Dyvet or whatever are :p.

It's easy to sit back and moan from a comfartable position it's harder to work to make Dyvet a better place again.

Why would people drop the servers they're on atm that doesnt have this problem? I'm sure many people would like to play their 'original' chars but having to work to rebuild a server when its not the players job to even do it and when they have a server that offers what 99% of the players are looking for.
Unless GoA does something i cant see how the Dyvet cluster will get revived.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch, I and alot others enjoy playing this game in a certain way, which this server can no longer (due to very many reasons) offer us. I'd rather not play, than play on Dyvet in it's current state, as it's not the game I'm looking to play. It's basically the same reason as to why I don't play WoW, eve, diablo, CS or whatever other game there is to play online, I simply don't enjoy playing them.

The playstyle of the server destroyed the morale of our enemies, and left us with none to play with. We tried making a stand and make a difference rather than watching it fall, but it didn't help, as the people on this server clearly pointed out to us the following night of the "incident" that happened.

Imo, I've done my part, I tried to inform people of the consequences of their actions, but they wanted to have fun in playing their own game, and I don't blame them for that, by all means, let them, but I won't be around to watch them do it.

Now, if customers are not satisfied with the service being offered, and they can not fix this problem themselves, they usually take the hardware or whatever they bought, to the store where they bought it, and ask for it to be fixed. Let's hope that is what will happen here. That is, unless nothing is broken, and this is what you bought. Then you simply need to reconsider whether you want to keep it or not.

Maddam Mim

Fledgling Freddie

I can understand why you and your friends of tedious ten would prefer to stay where you are now, and i have to admit, that personally i would prefer so too. Dont get me wrong, I welcome all players back to the server who once left, but i think that the amount of "tension" yourself and yours spread and have been spreading on FH would not contribute to our community in any positiv way. This is my personal opinion ofc.

Those who left and found greener fields somewhere else, would prolly not come back. But if they would, I would be the first to great them. Im also reaching out to those who left for the US or those who simply quit for whatever reason they had.

The goal of my intentions aint to get things back to where they once were. But to create a new warfare community with room for everything that ppl desire - since I neither can nor will control or order anyone to do/act/play in any kind of way - but i do know, that the more ppl who agree on these terms (a unofficial CoD) the more these "rules" will apply.

Im still hoping to hear from mids/hibs/albs willing to give it a try. There's always hope, and i aint ready to let Dyvet die just yet.

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Dont get me wrong, I welcome all players back to the server who once left, but i think that the amount of "tension" yourself and yours spread and have been spreading on FH would not contribute to our community in any positiv way. This is my personal opinion ofc.

Don't think you can really justify that statement when all they were trying to do is help the server. However it seems a 'majority' and i say 'not all' of albs were to ignorant to accept what they were doing was directly affecting the server.

It's like being in a group of friends and witnessing one of ure friends bully someone abit to harshly.....it could start as a friendly joke but over time you can tell that the other party is suffering. You as a friend would say ' hey okay thats enough now mate, just leave him alone for abit eh?' You might know that would create tension between you and your friend who was part of the bullying but you knew it was the right thing to do.

And from my point of view, thats all TT were trying to do. They were brave enough to stick up to their ' realm mates' and say hey enough is enough now guys.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie

Kind regards

It was people trying to impose their own "rules" on others that started most of the bad feelings on this server in the first place.

It's been tried before and it has not worked to date im afraid as one persons idea of a fair rule is another persons idea of persecution of their playstyle.

As for alarm raids, like them or hate them any such agreement will not last a week as someone will always break it. Also consider some players are in different time zones, attacking keeps/towers is probably their only chance to lure out defenders at that time.

I think after 5 years of this a lot of players are using the low population as a good excuse to break the cycle of addiction. It is only a game after all and a lot of people at times forget this. Games are supposed to be fun, tying them in knots with rules, bickering and forum hate bleeds the fun out until your left playing a game that is more like a chore than a relaxing piece of enjoyment.

It has been said before, but it is the players who are 100% responsible for the state of this cluster. Players make the community, and it's the community that needs a shot in the ass if anything is ever going to improve. I wish you the best of luck but fear looking on FH for players who have enough good-will left is going to be a difficult mission.

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
moved to kay few weeks ago to see how things was there.. hate to say it but things are a whole lot diferant.. mid is the underpopulated realm.. at 2230 gmt theres 298 mids online...... wish excal wasnt as it is as i love playing there.. lots nice people etc.. but more and more i am finding mids from excal here.. running around the frontier i spotted a solo shamen.. thought omg it looks like shamoth from excal.. wtf it is!!.... shiv and co here ofc.. and the list goes on....i would give my left arm for the population to be like this on excal... unfortunatly it aint going to happen..... brad come kay ffs :p

kirennia

Part of the furniture
I can understand why you and your friends of tedious ten would prefer to stay where you are now, and i have to admit, that personally i would prefer so too. Dont get me wrong, I welcome all players back to the server who once left, but i think that the amount of "tension" yourself and yours spread and have been spreading on FH would not contribute to our community in any positiv way. This is my personal opinion ofc.

I respect that opinion and that it probably has turned out to ring true of late although it is still disheartening to see how things turned out. After co-running a long term alliance, running ML raids, spending countless hours in pugs (some of which were CM I might add) , helping kit out people, levelling with who knows how many people and generally just being the nicest person I could possibly try be in game, how the persona I had built in albion was so easily forgotten after one incident which I still beleive to be a fair one.

There was a poem I once read which sadly I cannot fully remember except for its meaning. It was of a guy who throughout the poem had done good things and then towards the end a bad thing was thrown in and the entire readers perception was thrown about how they would remember the person. I guess it relates to everything in life and although I thought it to be true, I've never really come across it in 'life' until daoc a few months ago.

Friends forcing themselves to be your enemy, unacceptance of reason and a general complete reversal of everything you tried to build. Maybe others don't see it this way but until this incident I had only ever had 2 'enemies' (I knew about) through a conflict, of which both were merely a difference of opinion later cleared up. After this, many changed their views.

In a strange way I'm glad this happened as it's taught me quite a lot. I'm hoping to come back when coursework/exam deadlines are over to play with my tic when the Guild group doesn't need me (still want to hit rr10) but I have a funny feeling things will be completely different now.

I also can't help but think in the back of my mind, if it wasn't TT that did this and instead a PvE guild, would there have been this much of an uproar...

Respect for your honesty in it and the way you put it, have a rep :D

tones

Fledgling Freddie
Well Pip as gone avalon playing hib and a lot of other mids have gone there to:) for all the ac'ers enjoy a dead server:wanker:

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
We saw a little WL running about named Horner last week or so aswell when we had gg in TT!

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Well Pip as gone avalon playing hib and a lot of other mids have gone there to:) for all the ac'ers enjoy a dead server:wanker:

Surely pip going to avalon is the greatest incentive to stay on Dyvet of all?

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Horner-L is an Eld

There was definitely a warlock there although I'm not so sure it was him ;) Shame I didn't get a picture really but it was only grey con, running around bled bridge :D

Zahr

Fledgling Freddie

Kind regards[/QUOTE]

He he went to bleed just to see 3 fg albs camping a tower :):puke:

brad

Fledgling Freddie
:(

Kind regards

He he went to bleed just to see 3 fg albs camping a tower :):puke:[/QUOTE]

Was funny that proberly 30+ albs stood inside bottom of bled t1, when only me and a wl was pbaoe'ing and having a healer upstiars as our only seer. And probably 5+ random mids including stealthers. And all albs did was send MR up the stiars and then rush us with overwhleming numbers.
Like come on guys how is that even fun. You must have been down there for like 20+ minutes before you even did anything. Not like 2 casters and a few randoms need that kinda of treatment

You just make it so boring in other words.

Same tactics everytime it seems. You don't even bother trying to do anything if you don';t out number the mids like 3v1 and even then all you do is send MR up the stairs and have a tone of casters just instant moc as they hit the lord room.

Add some variety maybe, not like there's actually many mids still in nf is there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom