Where do I go from here?

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
To make a fairly short story shorter, I bought an XFX 7900GT from Overclockers in April 2006. Come March 2007 it's packed in and I RMA it back to Overclockers who then send it off to XFX on March 20th.

April 20th swings by and I ask OCuk where my replacement/repaired card is, they say they haven't heard anything so I trot off and ask XFX where it is, they say it's been processed and that I should contact OCuk for more info, I contact OCuk and, oddly enough they say they haven't heard a bean from XFX regarding the return so once again I go back to XFX to confirm if they're on about the correct card and where the hell is it?

XFX reply stating that OCuk have been credited with the money and I should contact them, again.

Contact OCuk who then say that XFX are lying and they haven't got any money, and that if they had i'd have the replacement sent already.

I now haven't a bloody clue what is where and who has what money, card or any damn thing or who to believe.

This all went on via email and politeness and hippy loving crap has been spread around so far by all parties but i'm beginning to get hacked off with being shunted between manufacturer and supplier, now i'm just not sure where to turn since both are just bouncing me about to one another.

Anyone have any advice on where I might turn to get things in motion?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'm impressed that your card died a month before you bought it but I can't offer any genuine advice I'm afraid. :(

Yaka

Part of the furniture
i think xfx have 3 year warranty on their cards, my 6600gt packed in also purchased via oc.uk but i contacted them directly and got a replacement within 2 weeks. if you sent to oc.uk then they should be the peeps you need to be talking to, if they say xfx have not contact them then ask oc.uk to contact xfx

FuzzyLogic

I did contact xfx in the first place but they directed me to sending back to the supplier since it was still within the 1year warranty (just).

I'll try asking OCuk to do some legwork too, thanks :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Great, now I look like an idiot. (as if I didn't before :()

Chilly

Balls of steel
at the end of the day, you bought it from ocuk, so its them who owe you the replacement, surely?

Phone them and get angry and they'l sort it out. Remind them that you have neither the money nor the product and that its not acceptable.

Tilda

Either hint at taking things further in emails and see if they get their arses in gear.

Failing this write a letter of complaint, setting out your problem, what you want doing, and giving them a deadline, say 10 working days from. Sent by recored delivery to them, saying if no action happens, you will be forced into taking further measures to recover your money. Which should get their arses in gear.

I am not your legal adviser, this does not constitute legal advice. if you need legal advice, contact a qualified solicitor or your local CAB.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
OCUK are the people you have a contract with not XFX. They have a legal responsibility to honour the contract and sort out any problems.

Send them a nice letter, explain that you want something sorted quickly and then mention the Small Claims Court, generally that will send a shudder down their spine.

FuzzyLogic

Thanks chaps, never been dicked about like this on returns so it's somewhat new ground for me.

I guess the legendary OCuk customer service has come to haunt me, bleh.

-J-

Loyal Freddie
First of all send an email to OCUK telling them that you expect them to refund you the money that you paid for the item on the date of sale as you've returned the item following their ToS. (make sure you have a digital copy of the mail you send them - don't be rude or out of order in any way). Now wait those lovely 14 days that god is gifting you with and if you don't have a reply from them send them a new mail stating that you intend to pursue the matter further using your rights that they've stated on their own website (copy and paste their own link to them). If after this time (assuming you have the money to do so and you want to fork them over for arsing you about) Check this link out.

It's probably going to cost you some money to use the above site that i've linked, but you should get your money back!

Please read all the shite that contained on the link i've provided, I in no way guarantee anything from the above link, if you have a gripe then contact the site admin and bitch to them.

Hope this helps :)

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
I am not your legal adviser, this does not constitute legal advice. if you need legal advice, contact a qualified solicitor or your local CAB.

-J- said:
read all the shite that contained on the link i've provided, I in no way guarantee anything from the above link, if you have a gripe then contact the site admin and bitch to them.

I reckon -J-'s ass covering wins :D

Chilly

Balls of steel
tilda is just doing it to be cool, J is actually being practical about it.

Tilda

because obviously I'd love to get struck off for practicing while not qualified :rolleyes:

Clown

Part of the furniture
Obviously people on random gaming internet forums consider advice from random internet people as official legal advice.
:rolleyes::wanker::rolleyes::wanker:

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Can you really get struck off Tilda? Or is that an urban myth? Just wondered.

Personally I consider internet advice to be just that - anonymous advice.

Tilda

You can get struck off, while I hope that nobody would take the advice seriously without checking it or talking to the CAB first, personally I'm not prepared to risk my future career on it, when it takes me 5 seconds to type a disclaimer.

FuzzyLogic

Got a replacement card, but it seems to corrupt when i run 1280*768 resolution, no others, can go from 800*600 to 1280*1024, it's just that one resolution (ie the one i'm wanting for this monitor) that it does it on. bleh :(

New monitor arrives on Fri/Sat so lets hope it runs 1680*1050 oki :(

Computers suck, they reallyreally do

FuzzyLogic

It's the same cable i was using earlier on the pc that was displaying at 1280*768 so it shouldn't be that really. Going to hedge my bets on the new monitor anyhow, this is just a temp solution for a day or so. Hope it pans out :p

Still, rather a bizarre error.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom