Where did the pop go? ... oh yea... lich king *sigh*

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
wow is just the same goal thats beeing moved out of your reach all of the time its not possible to have the best in wow because something better will always come along not long after, theres no point in having the best in wow anyway if your only doing the same few instances but more efficiently.

Generation

Fledgling Freddie
The sooner Mythic see the light and stop level 40 players entering scenarios, the better. War effort contribution from scenarios should be removed entirely and they should only be used as a way to get to max rank and some renown ranks on the way.

That way we'd have lots of action in the RvR areas and most likely spread across all the pairings as more players hit 40.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
I did a scenario in War a few times too, first time was "this is quite good" by the Nth time it got kind of old pretty fast. I ventured out into the open rvr area and found it was empty, not 1 single enemy in nearly an hour of searching.

Too many shitty scenarios, not enough RvR for a real pvp game. As i said before, its just a poor mans WoW.

Beg to differ.

I find enemies in all orvr areas in all tiers at one time or another, sometimes it's the odd player, sometimes it's groups, but more often it's warbands (good sized T2 combat over a keep yesterday on Karak Hirn for example). And as more players hit T4, these regions are becoming increasingly active.

Some areas are more heavily populated than others thats for sure, but that is the same with pvp areas in every mmo (i remember wandering around Hadrians and Odins for hours on end without finding anyone many many times). The game focusses on one or more area thats being attacked, thats the nature of the beast and players will always gravitate towards the main action.

I also find lots of solo/small group fights nowadays, most of which i lose, but still. When a zone is being contested by large numbers of enemies all you have to do is avoid the main zerg and roam the areas between the action, lots of small scale skirmishes to be found (when the enemy doesn't try and run away).

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
wow is just the same goal thats beeing moved out of your reach all of the time its not possible to have the best in wow because something better will always come along not long after, theres no point in having the best in wow anyway if your only doing the same few instances but more efficiently.

Players love new shiney shiney, believe it or not most players are very eailsy satisfied :)

Mr_Grumpy

Fledgling Freddie
How can it be a poor mans wow when wow has no pvp or rvr to start with beyind that of its joke bg's. With all the cash flow they have they still havent managed to come up with a good pvp model for wow.

If you like it so much then buhbye i guess :D

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
The sooner Mythic see the light and stop level 40 players entering scenarios, the better. War effort contribution from scenarios should be removed entirely and they should only be used as a way to get to max rank and some renown ranks on the way.

That way we'd have lots of action in the RvR areas and most likely spread across all the pairings as more players hit 40.
alot of people would probably quit if they didnt merge all the servers so every server is high pop

Ahlgard

Loyal Freddie
Even if you dont like the game, Warhammer allready is successful.
You dont have to have 11 million players (More than half of that number including the asian players who dont have to pay a monthly cost to play which Blizzard doesnt mention very often) to have an MMO running :p At least On KEP (and many other servers) this game is anything else than empty.

Dvergar

Regular Freddie
The best think I did when I started WAR was rolling on KEP. Amazing oRvR action that only improves, and a great community. I often wonder why ppl complain about the community aspect of WAR...

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Yeah I have no population problems on KEP/Karak Hirn, except sometimes the t1/2 rvr lakes are a little empty, but then I do log on at wierd times and from what I hear there is a lot more people in t4.

krilly

Fledgling Freddie
tell you what though

the population of soloing bright wizards has dropped too.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
speaking of WoW being the best thing since sliced bread...

i was told that THE WRATH OF THE LICH KING!!!1 is actually THE WRATH OF THE "we havent put him in yet , so its actually false advertising but thats ok cos the fanboys will buy it anyway, while whining that Mythic have a poor track record of suppling things".. but that wouldnt fit on the box ? :p

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
i was told that THE WRATH OF THE LICH KING!!!1 is actually THE WRATH OF THE "we havent put him in yet , so its actually false advertising but thats ok cos the fanboys will buy it anyway, while whining that Mythic have a poor track record of suppling things".. but that wouldnt fit on the box ? :p

Same happened in Vanilla and TBC. So if that was a shock to you. Vader is lukes father.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
speaking of WoW being the best thing since sliced bread...

WAR is missing classes, zones, and end game content because they couldn't push it out of the door in time too
So was daoc and every other mmo thats been released

Difference between the 2 is that Blizzard do deliver, i dont like the game but i do respect that they take player feedback and actually implement it instead of following a deluded front man's version of how you should be playing mmo's and what should be fun for you
I honestly feel sorry for the mythic employees who have to sift through the feedback when they know that any significant changes they suggest wont matter because as always with mythics senior team the players dont matter, just the vision of the guy in charge

You dont have to like a game to respect the developments made in it, something alot of people here seem to grasp through their sheer illogical hatred towards succesful companies

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I honestly feel sorry for the mythic employees who have to sift through the feedback when they know that any significant changes they suggest wont matter because as always with mythics senior team the players dont matter, just the vision of the guy in charge

You've obviously not paid any attention to WAR as it changed through beta then?

no Vision(tm) involved, certainly there has been some vision guiding parts of it - and an awful lot of "looking at what people are doing and listening to what they're saying when they play".

pikeh

Resident Freddy
What flim said, Chronic. This time around it seems they are actually listening to a lot of feedback. Should probably try reading some posts by MJ or the patch notes occasionally eh.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
You've obviously not paid any attention to WAR as it changed through beta then?

no Vision(tm) involved, certainly there has been some vision guiding parts of it - and an awful lot of "looking at what people are doing and listening to what they're saying when they play".

I was in the beta from the start, there is a very big difference between tweaking and making changes

Realm imbalances were brought up in the beta, it was expected that there would be more chaos than order yet no mechanism to maintain the balance was or is implemented

The issue of spawns and no penalty for death also was brought up in the beta, remind me again what was or is being done about it?

Scenarios giving too much xp will result in pq's becoming almost extinct, what has happened? exactly that

More higher tier pve content rather than the handful of areas we have now, and more to the point more higher tier gear which allows you to distinguish yourself from others, as it is at the moment everyone is pretty much a clone of everyone else
The boss fights in these zones are also plain boring, there is no real tactics needed past the basics i was hoping for more epic fights like lair and tg in daoc instead it has become so watered down to the lowest common denominator its just dull
The hardcore pve guilds will be bored within a month and look elsewhere for content

More group centric content rather than being soley based around drop in and fight mechanics which will get boring quickly, as it is as the moment orvr may aswell just be a deathmatch. Die respawn and be back in within 30 seconds
At the end of the day daoc catered for everyone pretty much, war does not at all because they were so desperate not to make daoc 2 they missed what made it's pvp better than its competition

While the dev team were able to make small changes, at the end of the day a failing model has been made and will be pushed just like in daoc and NF
There is no real incentive to do anything for the realm in war and i think ultimately that is what is killing it
I haven't felt any realm pride or compelled to defend/attack a keep at all because ultimately it doesnt matter and is ultimately pointless when you can just hit empty keeps with a fg or 2 and farm the bags (the only reason to even venture in the zone)

I'm sorry i dont have a fanboi badge from mythic/goa, i gave honest feedback in the beta and i will not sugar coat stuff now

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
At the end of the day. The guy driving this game forward is the one that thought a PVE MMorpg, Romans in space, was a good idea ;)

Platin

Fledgling Freddie
Problem with War is that they never tried to think outside the box, they just tried to take the best elements from wow (or so they thought) and tried to merge it with the rvr concept, and they failed big time.

War is suposed to be WAR!!! RVR, bloodbath!!! Great and meaningful rvr with diversity! But paradoxally they based it on ideas from wow which is a horrible, horrible, horrible pvp-game(team ladder had it's moments though). They created a game with fast respawn and small and integrated pve/rvr maps which are basically designed for mass-zergs and only mass zergs, battlegrounds etc. It's all a one way street, because the PvE ain't that good, which is ok because it's not suposed to be a PvE game(or rather it's not like WoW), which leaves you to the zergy RvR(and only that). The RvR in turn is so simplified and monotonous it almost feels worse than WoW at times.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
just looking at all the complaints here, i wouldn`t say so :p

in all honesty we have been spoiled, games like Blizzard, LOTR etc.. have set the bar for all modern mmo's whether people like it or not
If you dont reach at least their standard the mmo is going to fail bar the fanbois who will play even if it was glorified pong (Tor Anroc :D)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Problem with War is that they never tried to think outside the box, they just tried to take the best elements from wow (or so they thought) and tried to merge it with the rvr concept, and they failed big time.

War is suposed to be WAR!!! RVR, bloodbath!!! Great and meaningful rvr with diversity! But paradoxally they based it on ideas from wow which is a horrible, horrible, horrible pvp-game(team ladder had it's moments though). They created a game with fast respawn and small and integrated pve/rvr maps which are basically designed for mass-zergs and only mass zergs, battlegrounds etc. It's all a one way street, because the PvE ain't that good, which is ok because it's not suposed to be a PvE game(or rather it's not like WoW), which leaves you to the zergy RvR(and only that). The RvR in turn is so simplified and monotonous it almost feels worse than WoW at times.

Hmm, so you want "WAR!!! RVR, bloodbath!!!" but then go on to complain about "zergy RVR". There is only so much Mythic can do, the players will ultimately decide how the game is played and as such there will be zergs regardless of what Mythic does, unless they instance all pvp or make the maps so big that you never see anyone else.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
in all honesty we have been spoiled, games like Blizzard, LOTR etc.. have set the bar for all modern mmo's whether people like it or not
If you dont reach at least their standard the mmo is going to fail bar the fanbois who will play even if it was glorified pong (Tor Anroc :D)

I think you're right but wrong. I wouldn't say "spoiled with games like", cuz' I honestly don't think we've been spoiled but rather exposed of. When WoW came out Blizzard showed the MMO market that if you make easy and accessible games everyone can enjoy you'll make lots of money. So basically that's what everyone tries now and it's teh shiet :>

Givf back the old school MMOs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom