When you first started playing..

F

frols

For me it took about 2 hours understanding what the hell i was doing on my norse warrior,
i choose hammer cause it sounded brutal and then i got killed and dident know how to release so i had to wait for a long time before i figured that out.
Then i got lost in some place that now is myrkwood but dident look quite like it does today and i quit midgard because i couldent find home.
then i made a druid in hibernia and went rvr on lvl 14 :)

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by The Archer
didn't play beta, but started form dec 2001,

EU-Beta ended on the english servers 15th february 2002....
on the french/german servers 1st february 2002....

so unless you mean that you didn´t start until dec 2002 you did play beta ;)

funniest thing I did was with my Paladin Addlcove in the beta
spend ALL my money trying out different dye combos ;)

remeber near end of beta I wanted to join Phoenix legion (on excal at that time) but they said beta recruitment had stopped and I could ask them after retail, I spend 1½ month looking for Phoenix Legion (on excal) before realising they switched server.

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Reverant Mezz
first char was a bm with shields :D

my mercenary Octanion in beta was a slash/shield merc, nothing gimped about it really, you just sacrifice plate for evade ;)

gonna start another slash/shield merc as soon as me bloody cleric gets her arse to 50 ;)

(on same account I am no a buffbot :p)

K

Kobold

My uber goal on my first char (was on US) was to get lots of money, so much money that I could afford my own horse...but it was so expencive. 10 silver, and I only had a few copper. It looked so cool to get a horse and ride around wherever you wanted. When I finnaly got those 10 silver pieces I got so pissed off cause the horse wouldn't turn at all, the stupid biest just followed the road :( I got soooo dissapoined.

H

Hulbur

I remember seeing the prizes on dyes and thinking "wtf 30g for one dye, that is so über cool that something cost so much that you can be really unique later on when you can afford it" 4 weeks later everyone and their dog where wearing black :D

Also my first Char in beta was called Haakonson and I realised that i could get a last name at lvl 10 and got so disapointed that I had used a lastname as a surname that I deleted him. Not before giving his ûber Steel longsword to my new Char - a Troll skald and thinking "hehehehe now i can kill everything at low levels with this sword" and then it said, This sword is to powerfull for you and will degrade very fast, and I got so scared that it would vanish in my hands, that i ended up selling it back to the merchants and buying a bronze hammer in stead :D

C

cougar-

I started playing on US a month after release there and was norseman Shadowblade, ppl keept msging me that i was a gimp because i wasent kobold :(

Guess some things change ;)

L

Lorthania

On my second day of playing, I did a delivery task from Prydwen to Humberton. I didn't bother checking the map and went off. Ended up in the Plains first (all the way to the guard tower near Campo), then ran all the way back to Camelot, went round the back via Ludlow and so on to Humberton.

The real problem was that I hadn't found out about autorun by then - by the time I had reached Humberton, all life had fled from my middle finger from pressing the forward key for a whole hour :-P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom