When you first started playing..

G

Garaen

When i first played Hib, i would pull a mob with my spell and just before it got to me cast the shield so the graphic would stay up. I only thought it worked while the graphic was around me :D

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I remember Pixie using my beta-Sorc as bear bait in Campo Forest... :(

Still think it was evil.

L

lofff

my first beta char was a drood, went full nature and each time my pet grew it almost made me cum... was expecting to get a pet horde or morph myself into a bear thingie (more like d2 droods) and still when started raising nurture and regrowth from 25 on wards ( to see other paths too) booforing and instahealing meself was just the leet uber firby tank!

also spent first hours trying to hit other players :rolleyes:

first ports to alb frontier and killing 1fg albs with a hero mate (2 tall firbys charguing on the human-sized scum) was just so funny ;P

P

[PS]Fool

Although i only got the game at about christmas..i can remember having an interesting conversation with an annoying ludrican, wondering why he was saying i couldent hurt him, when i obviosly could.

S

slapmesilly..

Originally posted by mirieth
Hmm. If I remember correctly, when I frist started my Highlander Fighter, I thought that if I jumped at the correct time the mob would miss his swing against me ;)

I had not other real stupid ideas other than that. One that was silly was thinking everyone running up to Guards and saying "task" were mad. I found out at around lv15 what a task actually was ;)

<grins> that's alot like my Backstab illusion :D

I guess we all expected more "realism" from the game in our first days, like putting Charisma on your paladin to make it better ;)

P

parisienscot

My first ever character was a mentalist. Soloed quite a bit til level 7 or so - first grouped with someone who told me if I sidestepped during combat the mob was less likely to hi me.

Next I groupoed with an enchanter and this lurikeen girl called Underhill Friend kept following us around - I kept asking her if she wanted to group but she wouldn't reply - and then she started to hit our mobs which really annoyed me.

After about 10 minutes the enchanter realised that I wasn't joking around and explained the whole pet concept to me!

K

kinag

Originally posted by parisienscot
My first ever character was a mentalist. Soloed quite a bit til level 7 or so - first grouped with someone who told me if I sidestepped during combat the mob was less likely to hi me.

Next I groupoed with an enchanter and this lurikeen girl called Underhill Friend kept following us around - I kept asking her if she wanted to group but she wouldn't reply - and then she started to hit our mobs which really annoyed me.

After about 10 minutes the enchanter realised that I wasn't joking around and explained the whole pet concept to me!

:ROFLMAO:

T

Tenko

My first char was Maya Tenko, an Alb Merc who was specced in just about everything :p

She reached about lvl 20 before I realised you could jump off horses before they reached their destination.

O

optical-

My first char was on alb excal. Played an armsman and specced him in about 6 different things cause i didnt have a clue how to spec chars. Got him to lvl 41 and finally found out he was a complete gimp and moved to mid and got my skald to lvl 50 after 30 days played i think.

G

Glacier

My first char was a Ranger on Hib/Pryd called Remi ( used my rl name.. didnt know better.. ) i can remember always keeping stealth capped... from level 1.. for some weird reason this was very important to me.. it took me 3 days to figure out the cons of things.. therfore about 2 days to get to lvl 5.. i learned my way around howth/ardagh and started the begging very early.. always looked for people in black or dark clothes, cause i saw in a dye shop they cost alot!..
at level 10 i had maxed stealth and celtic dual and felt i was ready for rvr wich i had heared so much about, so i ran around looking for this border keep, wich i finally found.. and weird enough i got all the way from Druim Cain to Crim...
I never restorec con after death (wich there was alot of!) so i never really managed to kill anything after level 10(was lucky with grps) so i thought i had destroyed the char in the end..

I remember the big fear of skalds there was before.. before there was any lvl 50 hib... i always encoutered Dunderklumpen and various other skalds in the frontier.. and i thought.. a fighter with that can run that fast being that fat must be totally uber! (was a troll skald) so until i knew better.. skalds were considered cheating :p

S

Sigurd

Also took me 28 levels to find out that archers had stealth too...

O

optical-

Only found out what stun was when my skald was lvl 38 =)

U

Urme the Legend

Only really embarrasing(sp?) thing I can remember is that I was in huginfell and killed those red wolfs with a group.. and then someone was coming running into huginfell and had a wolf after him.. and I ran after him and tried to kill the wolf and got pissed when I couldn't :)

Didn't realize until later that he was a hunter who had charmed that pet ;)

Other then that I only got upset over that you needed to hit F6 to draw your weapon everytime .. I couldn't understand why I needed to do that :)

And of course I only bought cloth/leather armor for my Warrior because that was cheapiest(sp?) .. until I was level 16 or something :)

N

Nalikin

first char was a theurgist as my brother who played US had told me about them and the cool pets they get . Got to about lvl 10 and was wondering when i actually got these cool pets b4 i realised i had to train him :p

G

Gaiea

I was a merc in albion during beta grouping with some other tanks, a healer and a more experienced ex-U.S.-server sorc pulling wolves. We wondered why the sorc was getting so upset with us whenever we would continually charge in and start whacking all of the 3 wolves that he had so conveniently frozen for us, using this thing he called an 'area of effect Mez'.

He was on the verge of leaving in a huff before we explained to him that we were still new and pretty clueless and that he should perhaps explain the proper use of mez to us.

And a more recent one.
After celebrating crafting 2 98Qua Greater Recurve bows in a row, I hand one to an SC'er to put on some nice stats - including +2 to recurve bows. We decided to take the chance and overload the bow. It works, and a very chuffed SC'er hands back the bow. I find he put on +2 Regrowth instead of Recurve. Doh. Any Druid or Wardens out there want a bow they can't use? ;-)

The other bow blew up in the attempt to overload it. Took another 6 crafts for me to get another 98Qua bow out. The SC'er is one of the nicest guys I know in-game though, and the SC was for free - so no complaints from me mon. Just quite funny.

Cheersh

O

old.amoeba

Decided to try levelling a critblade.....

after 3days playtime got to level 18, and gave up in disgust!!

Thank god for respecs...he is now a shadowzerk thidranki toon

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by trigali
So do I !

Then, the lower limit for RvR really wat about 30-35.

Now it's more like 45, halas.

I started RvR at lvl 24 and still managed to kill things.... But then the highest chr was 35ish. I still remember early on getting a task to go to huginfel and running around trying to find it, seeing a fort and running up to it only to be killed as it was Redhands fort......

T

tripitaka

first char

was in Mid / Pryd and was a healer.. not a gr8 char for the fisrt one ever when new to MMORPGS. got bored very quickly.

Tried Alb / Excal, moved to hibbie/pryd - stayed there for a year now. still no 50's.... (/CRY)

Worst newbie mistake #1 - creating a healer in mid and thinking he was good at low levels.

Worst newbie mistake #2 - going to Alb.

Worst newbie mistake #3 - splitting between light / mana / ench evenly with my first hibby chanter. (who was my first hibbie char, and is still only lvl 30)

O

old.Niljindil

My beta mentalist had +10 charisma and my spec was...

MENTALISM!

'nuff said :)

O

old.Niljindil

My beta mentalist had +10 charisma and my spec was...

MENTALISM!

'nuff said :)

Edit: Oh and my first char.. was a Thane, had like, 3 stormcalling 3 axe 3 shield 3 parry 3 sword 3 hammer at level 7 or something ;)

Oh and i didnt know how to use styles, so i just swung away and used my 3 damage spells that hit for 1-10 :cool:

M

mid_Efour

i only worked out how to use throwing weapons at about lvl 30 :p
pure body pull until then

T

thefunkrocket

I remember at the beginning and I started and Garth was like level 1, boy did I feel stupid, saw some other n00bs that were lvl 1 as well so I laughed at them. Funny thing was is when I started my alt he was lvl 1 as well :rolleyes:

Z

Zordo

Heh.. in beta i had a lvl15 troll warrior specced in shield, axe and hammer and he used 2h axe :)

T

Tasans

Oh yeah my housemate was playing daoc too. We reached 5 together and went to jordheim to train (we had started in vasudheim). Because we zoned, we were pretty scared to use the mularn exit since we thought rvr stuff was going on there and we would get killed on spot :p

R

Roo Stercogburn

Originally posted by Tasans
Because we zoned, we were pretty scared to use the mularn exit since we thought rvr stuff was going on there and we would get killed on spot :p

:clap: :clap:

Mate, you just made this thread rock :D

O

old.Emma

my first char was a wizzy on excal about 2 days after release..

got to lvl 26 and had i think..

19 fire
14 ice
10 earth

and wondered why i couldnt kill a yellow mob solo :/
then deleted and moved to mid, where i made an SB called Emma :D

N

Novamir

beta... ELF RANGER !!! rofl :D

got him to 21 before end of beta. ownage.

H

hint

hmm my bigest mistake was choseing a scout as a first char.

oh and then after the strugle to keep her equiped well enough to solo blues she gets to level 15 and the archer nerfs are anounced in america. d'oh

T

trappski

I know a guildmember who on his first day was attacked by hillmen in mularn, he thought they were players, and did /send hillman why did you kill me, did I offend you? ^^
Was grouping with a hunter in yggdra who claimed he had to stay stealthed while I was killing mobs, in case invaders would turn up hehe.

I

Ialkarn

I spended like 1 hour to wonder how I could put the hood of my cloak up...that before hit a thing ,I still have a sorta of fetishim for hooded cloaks.

oh and I rolled a merc...which it was (in 1.34-35) the most gimped class ever :scared: , but I still missing my little merc. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom