Football When will they finally get Blatter?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
The olympics is a different kettle of fish - it's not like they can make snow at the levels required.

However, if hot countries can alleviate the heat problems then there's no reason why they can't hold a football tournament...

Russia had warehouses full of snow made for their winter olympics, most of the snow there was artificial. Wouldn't be hard for a middle eastern country to do a winter olympics, the main point against it would simply be infrastructure.
Sochi had all the lifts/stuff already there, which cost tens of millions, the snow was the cheap and easy part.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
We will likely be at war in one way or another with Russia by 2016 anyway.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Russia had warehouses full of snow made for their winter olympics, most of the snow there was artificial. Wouldn't be hard for a middle eastern country to do a winter olympics, the main point against it would simply be infrastructure.
It'd be a completely indoor winter olympics, which would be shite.

I stopped watching the winter olympics when they nerfed the biathlon. I loved it when it was go along actual mountain > shoot > more actual skiing on mountains > shoot.

Now it's go in circles > shoot > go in circles > shoot. And it's utter shit. :eek:

Embattle

FH is my second home
Sochi had all the lifts/stuff already there, which cost tens of millions, the snow was the cheap and easy part.

Yet Sochi goes down as the most expensive Olympics so far.

The whole idea of Qatar having the World Cup was a complete joke in every aspect, it is what makes people think there just had to be some oil greasing the hands of people.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yep, whatever way you look at it, a world cup in the desert is a stupid idea.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Didn't the fifa safety committee recommend against the bid on the grounds that it wouldn't work in summer and they won anyway?
Yep but was ignored as Qatar stated they would make the grounds with AC, that was the lie. Only when the chief designer came out and said it was not possible is when they shifted to the we'll hold in Nov/Dec stance.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
It'd be a completely indoor winter olympics, which would be shite.

As a opposed to an indoor World Cup which is effectively what they proposed but then realised they couldn't actually do.

There are plenty of very hot countries that could stage a World Cup (Brazil is hardly cold) but there are extremes, and Qatar is just not a sensible place for a World Cup for lots of other reasons; not least its restrictions on human rights. Which is also an issue with Russia.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
As a opposed to an indoor World Cup which is effectively what they proposed but then realised they couldn't actually do.
Yeah - as opposed to an indoor world cup - which is just stadiums with roofs. It's not mountains and snow is it.

But I don't disagree with your other points - just the premise that football can't be played in very hot countries - because if they've got the cash, and the engineering smarts, then it's perfectly feasible and won't make a difference to the spectacle other than some shots from helicopters being rather dull...

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Well now all the sponsors have got involved (Coke, AbVel, McDonalds etc.) all saying he is a block to reform and should ho immediately I don't think he will hang on for much longer,

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Well now all the sponsors have got involved (Coke, AbVel, McDonalds etc.) all saying he is a block to reform and should ho immediately I don't think he will hang on for much longer,
You underestimate the sheer size of his old balls.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
He will destroy FIFA before he quits.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Too much money involved for it to be destroyed. It deserves to be but it won't happen.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Well they've only gone and done it. Platini too. Excellent news.

And Valcke, and Chung Mong-Joon (for 6 years).

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I will miss good old corrupt FIFA, here's looking forward to a whole new corrupt FIFA.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I will miss good old corrupt FIFA, here's looking forward to a whole new corrupt FIFA.

Well, anyone looking more smug and enjoying ripping people off must be Putin. What do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom