Football When will they finally get Blatter?

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Unexpected but rather pleasant news for a Tuesday evening :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
Fuck yeah....lets hope we don't get some other useless cunt.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
So, is he cutting an immunity deal or about to get on a plane to somewhere without an extradition treaty?

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
So, is he cutting an immunity deal or about to get on a plane to somewhere without an extradition treaty?

i have to say that's the first thing that occurred to me as well. I just thought I was being massively cynical.........

Embattle

FH is my second home
Well with more information creeping out as everyone is trying to cover their own asses it isn't surprising.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I bet he won't go to watch that Women's World Cup Final in Canada now...

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Massive house of cards, they'll all be fucking shitting themselves.

They fact they allowed 10 mill to be paid personally to Jack Warner instead of into the actual country account says it all. They even tried to blame a dead guy no class at all. Tear it down and start again.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Blatter seems to have resigned his duties now according to some article on Swedish medias. Is this true?

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
There must be something behind that resignation, as Calaen mentioned, a house of cards and they're trying to make it look like nothing until the end.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Blatter seems to have resigned his duties now according to some article on Swedish medias. Is this true?
no, he's still oversight fire between 6 months and a year, no real change yet. Also the whole system at fifa is designed to promote those who can maintain the status quo. Need a college overhaul before someone else comes in.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
no, he's still oversight fire between 6 months and a year, no real change yet. Also the whole system at fifa is designed to promote those who can maintain the status quo. Need a college overhaul before someone else comes in.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you typed that on your phone.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Why am i reminded of Pistorious when anyone mentions "going out on a limb" each time? :LOL:

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Blatter under investigation himself now, that's why he jumped.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
I would imagine Blatter has been under investigation since the start. I heard a former counsel for the FBI on R4 the other day who was saying that the whole US legal system is based on plea bargaining. The way you go after massive conspiracies in huge organisations is start with the middle rankers and hammer them with threats and offers until they give you everything they have on the big guy. This is how this will have played out. I wonder if Blatter has the balls to head for somewhere with no extradition treaty with the US.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
One thing we can be sure of: he didn't do it for the good of FIFA or football in general, it's all about self-preservation for this arsehole.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Mohaha, Interpol has put a red-notice on many of the Fifa-tops, esp Jack Warner.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
So he gets a 10 minute standing ovation from FIFA workers, it would seem that disconnection from reality is rife down at Fifa, it's starting to look like a cult.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
FIFA as an organisation needs to go.
When principalities of 6000 get the same fifa funding and voting rights as china/usa/russia/etc, it's just a joke. Of course they're not gonna vote to change that system.

DaGaffer

FIFA as an organisation needs to go.
When principalities of 6000 get the same fifa funding and voting rights as china/usa/russia/etc, it's just a joke. Of course they're not gonna vote to change that system.

Having said that, what is the correct funding model? What's the correct voting model? It can't be population (China and India screw that up), it can't be revenue (unfairly gives Europe all the power), Block vote by federation? Still easy for FIFA to subvert. IOC model? Doesn't seem that applicable (although maybe it could be adapted) Its not as easy as it looks.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
1 vote per 1million people, max votes of 100. easy.

There'd be some distortion at the low end and high end because monserrat would get 1 vote and china would get 100, but it'd be a lot more reasonable than current.

DaGaffer

1 vote per 1million people, max votes of 100. easy.

There'd be some distortion at the low end and high end because monserrat would get 1 vote and china would get 100, but it'd be a lot more reasonable than current.

Hmm, I'm still not sure it would work. You might get some pretty big distortions. My inner OCD means I'm now going to have to model this.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Capping it at 100 votes would mean China and India don't get too much power, though.

Maybe model something around domestic league attendance over population to see how much the population of any given country actually gives a shit about football (although we don't want Gibraltar running away with it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom