Football When will they finally get Blatter?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Maybe model something around domestic league attendance over population to see how much the population of any given country actually gives a shit about football
Gives it back to Europe - which is what all this kerfuffle's really about anyway...

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It begins, the blabbering has started and you can bet everyone last one of them will blame each other, 2 world cups based on bribes...and who the fuck was paying them...the shit has hit the fan.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Hmm, I'm still not sure it would work. You might get some pretty big distortions. My inner OCD means I'm now going to have to model this.

gwaan then Gaff. throw a freaky friday at workies and model it with some chums.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
gwaan then Gaff. throw a freaky friday at workies and model it with some chums.

It doesn't work. As I expected it makes the Asian Federation too strong, even with a cap of 100 votes. It also doesn't help that you'd have several "non-footballing" nations (India, Pakistan, Indonesia, Bangladesh) wielding a lot of power in that federation, and as well as being non-footballing, none of those countries have shown themselves to be too reliable in the sporting world (especially India). One solution would be to split the AFC into "west" and "east" (with India etc. in the west, and China in the East). The other loser in the new model would be Oceania, which isn't surprising, and logically you might roll that whole federation into AFC East. CONCACAF would take a bit of a beating as well, but that's as it should be as they wield too much power currently.

FIFA.png

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yup, still early days yet. I think the real juicy stuff will come out when Warner starts to bargain for leniency.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Capping it at 100 votes would mean China and India don't get too much power, though.

Maybe model something around domestic league attendance over population to see how much the population of any given country actually gives a shit about football (although we don't want Gibraltar running away with it).

I would be against anything that gave India a big say in a sport just look at the fucked up world of Cricket thanks to the BCCI having way too much control.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I'm assuming that these countries have already started building and spending money to host the tournament, what happens about that if it gets taken away, someone is going to loose a lot of money

Also would it not be difficult for someone to step in now and host the 2018 cup and get everything ready in time?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The 2018 WC might be a bit tight but there's plenty of time to move 2022 elsewhere. Lots of countries have the stadia in place to hold a WC, they would most likely need to invest in infrastructure though.

Edmond

The 2018 WC might be a bit tight but there's plenty of time to move 2022 elsewhere. Lots of countries have the stadia in place to hold a WC, they would most likely need to invest in infrastructure though.

Yes. this is what a mean, its not just a case of having the venues, its all the stuff that goes on behind the scenes the take years of planning. they'd be cutting it fine for 2018 wouldn't they

Its why, I assume they announce these things years in advance

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I'd be very surprised if Russia gets binned, but Qatar? No-one wanted it apart from FIFA and the Qataris. Its still as insane as the day it was announced and I think lots of people will be looking really hard for a smoking gun. They won't be looking as hard at Russia.

Edmond

I don't really follow football, but i'm very much aware of how corrupt FIFA are, and have been for years, so this sparks my interest in the matter

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I'd be very surprised if Russia gets binned, but Qatar? No-one wanted it apart from FIFA and the Qataris. Its still as insane as the day it was announced and I think lots of people will be looking really hard for a smoking gun. They won't be looking as hard at Russia.

The thing that pisses people off about the Qatar bid was that it was essentially a pack of lies - air conditioned stadiums so the summer heat would not be an issue etc. It was all complete bolx which they knew before they bid for it. The main stadium designer said as much shortly after they won it. If they had been honest from the start and said we can hold the event but only if it is in the winter they would never have even got it. I've no doubt at all that there was some bribes paid but the fact they blatantly lied should be reason enough to lose it.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
The fact that the whole bidding process was based around a summer tournament, which they then decided to move 6 months later, screwing up every domestic league makes the whole thing a joke.

If they couldn't hold a summer tournament they shouldn't have been allowed to bid in the first place.

Edmond

I still find it amazing that everyone knew had dodgy they were, it was obvious but they were allowed to get away with it, sponsorship money obviously goes a long way

Everyone had their hand in the pot it seems, which is why they get away with it

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If they couldn't hold a summer tournament they shouldn't have been allowed to bid in the first place.
Don't think that's fair tbh. It excludes a lot of countries from holding the tournament simply because of their geographic location.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
The thing that pisses people off about the Qatar bid was that it was essentially a pack of lies - air conditioned stadiums so the summer heat would not be an issue etc. It was all complete bolx which they knew before they bid for it. The main stadium designer said as much shortly after they won it. If they had been honest from the start and said we can hold the event but only if it is in the winter they would never have even got it. I've no doubt at all that there was some bribes paid but the fact they blatantly lied should be reason enough to lose it.

Didn't the fifa safety committee recommend against the bid on the grounds that it wouldn't work in summer and they won anyway?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
England and America will host 2018 and 2022 respectively.

Look like sore losers.

It should be removed from Qatar from humanitarian grounds, not because of corruption - Russia? - Political reasons will be the primary reason, which is wrong.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Don't think that's fair tbh. It excludes a lot of countries from holding the tournament simply because of their geographic location.

so? Maybe Qatar should also bid for the Winter Olympics as well?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

I'm kind of split on this kinda stuff tbh.

Football COULD be encouraged in nations where the world cup is held, but in Qatar? - Not a chance, it's full of people either trying to get rich, or helping people to get rich.

I think some poor African nations should get 2018 and the people that get prosecuted & FIFA should pay for it.

That's where it'll be the most effective, for football and for the economy.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The olympics is a different kettle of fish - it's not like they can make snow at the levels required.

However, if hot countries can alleviate the heat problems then there's no reason why they can't hold a football tournament...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom