Whats your scariest DAOC experiance??

• Thread starter Bedroc the Hero
  • Start date
B

Bedroc the Hero

Ill tell you mine. Dont remember what lvl I where but the grovewoods in Cruacan Gorge where all purple. I was main tank and puller. It was scary in itself.. those groovewoods are HUGE and hit quite hard when they con purp! But I had some nice strong nukers and rangers so we killed the trees pretty fast! WOW, great gold and exp I thought.. But then. someting went terribly terribly wrong.

Had just done a pull and where running back to the main group to finish the tree off.. then somehow.. my feet... so heavy... why dont I get any closer to my m8s??

a sting of panic... got hit in the back for the first time about now.. still looking at my group..

Then I see the entire grp of 7 ppl turn around and RUN like they where on fire in different directions.. "This just got to be a bad sign!" I thought to myself...

Carefully turning around.... I see the whole forrest coming after me!! I dont know if it was 10 or 15 grovewoods.. It looked like the entire horizon was moving towards me!! I got unrooted and ran for all I was worth... Got rooted again. they overtook me.. feebly i hit one grovewood twice before going down..

They kind of danced on my dead body before going back!

Now is that a polite thing to do? :)

I was genuinly scared that time. Was a great experiance. One of my more intense DaoC moments. :)

W

wolvon fury

hehe, Mine was back on the US,

I told this before but i tell you again,

It was just after exping in Darkness Falls with a few friends, after a bad pull, we all ran fo a lives (5 in group 3 died) I ran to the top, but the problem was, i was on my own and couldent get bac to my friends with out dieing,

As in Darkness falls, you have to fight your way to a good spot,
So i decided to solo green necro's for exp, only needed 0.2 of a bub, 30 mins later hit lev 31, and had 32 emerald seals,

Then got on my groove and went to the Deamon Merchants,
Brought me a massive hammer, then i wanted to see what it looked like when i weilded it, i had the shop keeper on target as i was looking at the items still, i placed the hammer in my hands, then press the attack button, (oh god the merchants are neutral)
Soon as i pressed attack key, i hit the purple con deamon merchant ahhh, then all 8 of them attacked me, i sprinted to the teleport,

Then a get a pm from a friend Vexxer saying, "dude, were the weapon merchant gone"

Hehe, i then came back in Darkness falls and seen about 20 dead bodys :rolleyes: and about 5 mins later got lots of angry PM's hehe, well that was one of my bad experiences.......

T

Tigerius

Scariest experience... many contenders hard to remember... but this one comes to mind. In Beta, exploring Snowdonia, running around there quite merrily. Sure there were some mobs higher than me but nothing that scared me really. That is until I walked up a hill, something shrieked and howled and this blue spell effect hits me and something invisible is howling on my body. Thought it was my first meeting with a highlevel Nightshade, alas just a Cyraeth :)

G

Gahldir

Hunting with Fafhrd or Khefru

and

/stick to Asmodan

try to top that :clap: :clap: :clap:

S

Slinker

Hi

My first was running around in the dark up in Connia for the first time and running slap bang into the middle of the ollipheist place . I literally stood there gobsmacked , was happy I was a ranger and managed to stealth out , but was pretty scary .

K

Khalen

Scariest moment:

Me standing all alone in Dun Crim while it has just been taken over by Hibs. Waiting for any Hibs to show outside in the courtyard or await the massive spawn of guards on my ass.

V

Verena

Best moment has got to be at the end of beta event.

We were fighting in the bowl and we ran upto that hill with that little tower on it. I had to go afk for 1min and when I came back, well I'll let the screenshot speak for itself.

http://members.rott.chello.nl/gprouss/fashion.jpg

To my surprise I was still alive and didn't know what to do. So I just sat there in the hope they'd leave me alone long enough for the hibs to come back. I must've sat there for 5min untill some alb decided it'd been long enough and he smacked me.

S

statix

My Scariest experiance was at lvl 15 or so , being a little bored
and feeling quite brave . I decided to finally take my first steps
out of the realm and into the frontier , just to see what was out their? was it any different looking and so on ....
So out of snowdonia fortress I go and start wondering along the mountain peaks , avoiding all mobs cus im in purple land of course

When suddenly i see In a forest ahead of me another person ,
Thinking to myself , nice one ill finally get to see a person from another realm and Oooh the storys ill tell about what he looked
like and what we talked about.....and as im just turning to go in his direction ......

You are hit for 1014 hp , you are dead, you died
fighting for your realm and lose no xp

That scared the crap out of me , i had a max of 250/300 hp
and this elf it turned out to be killed me from miles away for 4 times my max hp. And he was the first person i met , it was the last time I stepped out that gate for a very long time .

T

Tigerius

Scariest RvR, plenty there too but once quiet recently when I was acting rezzer/buffbot to a stealther unit in Uppland. I hid casually in snowcrabs, they weren't truly that large and they moved around so it was unlikely to work on someone close but hey why not.

And then... well I got a screenshot of it but nowhere to easily post it. A Mid 6 man ganking squad run right past me, within melee range, and don't spot me. There I stand inside my Snowcrab praying he won't do his little move around like he does every 15 secs or so. Got away with it :)

S

Slinker

Tigerius , you just have to show that screenie :)

C

-Calvin-

Tigerius I have the screenie, if u want it posted ;)

Calvin

T

Tigerius

Never mind my previous post, I found out how to direct link to our site :)

http://www.illuminati-euro.com/seepic.asp?pic=75

Pic isn't taken in the exact ideal moment, they ran at Skald speed and as I said I was a bit shocked. Sat there prepared to start running when I got spotted or the crab moved. Took a sec after they passed to snap one. But just draw a line from straight behind them and you see pretty much how close they were :)

W

-Wedge-

Well, the scariest moments for me are always in RvR... (Playing my friends scout, just after shooting a yellow caster, seeing 40+ mids running around trying to find you)

Although I did have a run-on with a Diamondback Toad in Llynn with my armsman... We where hunting those skells there (we where about 28), then someone said, ah look, toads, how cute... Was kinda more funny then scary... Someone gives that thing a smack, or at least tries to do so...

Well, only the healer got out alive (running like hell)... Later found out those toads where level 50+ ... Whoops... (those things gave slaps of 500+ damage)

A bad experience was me shooting a Pygmy Goblin that was already hurt... He called for help, got I think 4 - 6 full groups whiped out from the Pygmy house to cornwall (they killed everything in their way)...

A scary moment in PvE, the first time I saw a tangler group (tree's) running at me at 39...

Ooh and just remembered one more, at 30, snowdonia XP'ing at the bandit camp, we went up the mountain and saw a named wizard standing there... I run up to the named wizard, and start smacking... I think the battle took 3-5 mins or so(was only hitting the critter for 20-50 damage), both clerics (two I think) (for just healing me) where OOP, but we managed to kill the wizard... But I saw my health go down with 40% per hit that I got...

Those where the good old days... Only RvR makes my hard pound a lot these days...

O

old.Darkan

I reckon Darkness Falls will make you fill your trousers a bit more often.

Shovel and change of underwear anyone?

B

Bedroc the Hero

Come to think about two other quite scary experiances.

First was visiting Culdraach the Glimmer King. At one point I found myself to singlehandedly trying to take him down. Read all about it here! The pic of me is a few pages down..

Second one was in Cruachan gorge. and i was WAY to low to be there. We foudn these gorge rats that our group of 8 could take down without dying to much.

Long downtimes and we sat enjoying the sunny afternoon.. They our druid gives up a scream and dies while I was looking at her!! All jump up and look around.. she died in one hit! no mobs around... YAAHHHH its the bard turn.... one nuker,,, second nuker, tank, ranger, nuker and then me...

As you would guess we where pretty worked up when we where killed. I had no idea you could meet invaders in the Frontier. I was such a n00b ( still is kind of :) ). The stealther alb uncloaked and bowed before us. My first meeting with a stealther. Was also very special :)

O

old.ZonithWymkeeper

worst i can remember, was a few days a go......

i was out in cliffs of moher, soloing some orange con fog wraiths with my L27 menta, all nice n easy......after a few i need a little mana break so it stand still and let manaregen do its magic ;) then all of a sudden this giant chicken walks bye, for 0,1 sec i almost had a heart attack, full knowing they are purp at lvl 40.......but then i remembered they lagged soemtimes, phew

C

Cerverloc

Scariest moment:

Was my first RvR experience back in the beta days. I was a Berzerker troll (named Cerverloc Excrucio also) in the german server. A few friends and I decided to check out Odins Gate so we took the wonderful journey through the frontiers and when we finally came to Odins Gate I saw the enemy for the first time.

I almost wet my pants, then I walked down the path and got overrun by 50 tincans.

V

Vireb

,,,,,,,>>>>>>>Ooh and just remembered one more, at 30, snowdonia XP'ing at the bandit camp, we went up the mountain and saw a named wizard standing there... I run up to the named wizard, and start smacking... I think the battle took 3-5 mins or so(was only hitting the critter for 20-50 damage), both clerics (two I think) (for just healing me) where OOP, but we managed to kill the wizard... But I saw my health go down with 40% per hit that I got<<<<<,,,,

heyt wedge dont you mean the snow shoe bandit camp in odins ? those were the days :) and man that mage hit hard

V

valla

scary

My scariest moment was in mithra starting the 4 alt, i had forgotten how many crazy people there are at low lvls.

Imagine this:
in group with a cleric that does'nt speak english(english server), only french, and think of himself as the main puller using smite.
In the roman room with virilis and faovius and what happens...........yes he pull them all.......and we die.
that was a little scary but then after comes the real scary part, dunno if any of you ever played diablo ?
But on our way down back we run into 3 guys named something like korea and koreapk and korean, and i immediatly thought oh no, the worst lowlifes from diablo have found DAOC........see that was scary

ps they begged for money for like 2 hours straight down there, and when i came back later that day 5 hours later everybody was telling me to put them on ignore list because they were leeching and begging drops and money...........wow some people are bored :)

A

Alrindel

I was soloing at the far side of the parth farm, and had just pulled one when someone tapped me on the shoulder from behind and invited me to dance.

http://silent-death.net/gallery/alrindel-011.jpg

Other nasty moments: first trip (alone) into Muire Tomb (dungeons still creep me out), first sight of the Great Scourge, first sight of Ollipheists, first lesson that pulling a camp scout pulls the whole camp.

P

- Pathfinder -

Getting the Great Scourge up my *** when soloing parths at the northern farm :)

K

Kiros

When Alaix began singing in guild chat, couldn't sleep that night ;)

O

Oren

Log on after 1.49 patch, goto Darkness Falls, get kill stole countless times, exit dungeon, goto Innis and actually find a group. Both scary and kind of confusing.

L

Lessurl

First time i saw the giant. The way that huge momma just pops up right infront of u. I almost had a heart attack.
Only thing more scary i can imagine is the few seconds where you realise you've just ae'd or accidently hit him and there is nothing u can do now to stop him from crushing you to a pulp.

W

-Wedge-

Aye Vireb, it was Odin's Gate... My memory isnt good ;)

These days (at high levels) no one wants to take a risk... Back in 'the old days' when you faced a mob you didnt knew the level off, you'd probably attack it just for kicks....

Now its like, ooh that mob, no thats too high... Or nope, not gonna try that... Too bad... Made the whole XP'ing thing much more fun... Now its gobo's gobo's gobo's, barrows, gobo's, twee's... Nothing scary about that...

S

scaldie

This one is scary...

Was @ lair with 2 full groups xping like mad. The group had been almost torn apart because of differences between members. Right after a DT (dragon flyes around the area and you wait on a hill) a friend of mine comes to visit.

Im starting to talk to him, and at the same time (probably just doing what i usually do) press numlock to auto-run down to the xp-spot. Suddenly i hear someone is attacking me... ran to my comp and saw that i was in the middle of the forest and had just pulled 16+ drakulvs :( . The 2 groups got wiped out really, really fast i can tell u. Now that was scary. killed 15 others with my stupid misstake. (Hope u forgive me lads. ;) )

Cant remember if the groups siesed to exist, but im pretty sure that was the case.

-------------------------
Mid/excal
Scaldie lvl 50 Skald
Raya lvl 34 Hunter
Freeco lvl 34 Thane

Alb/pryd
Freeco lvl 11 Theurgist
Raya Lvl 5 Infiltrator

B

Brevis

Well this was kindda more funny than scary.
Was on a trip to emain 2 weeks ago or so with alot of fellow middies. Had some fun taking DC , crim and an attempt to take Bolg. Well the last one, Bolg, was defended by 40 or so hibs but we tryed our best.
Well I was doing my part, filling you dirty hibs with arrows as soon as you popped up on the walls. But at one time I got shot up pretty bad myself so i had to back off and sit at the bottom of the hill, in stealth of course.
At this moment hibs does an outfall mezzing and ganking us poor mids left and right, I of course also got mezzed, so i was sitting there, down the hill, mezzed in stealth and i just see those 40 hibs coming down the hill towards whats left of us mids.
So im thinking "oh well it was fun" but to my surprise everyone kept running thru me and keep on going........
At the end of it all, I had 40 hibs run straight thru me while i was sitting stealthed and mezzed and was spared......
I couldnt stop laughing... :)

P

pitspawn

Scariest moment for me was in DF. I was in a group of 8, mostly high levels. We were hunting round where nightmare/mahr/succubus and spiders are. Then after a big fight we are all resting sitting down and treniel goes running down the corridor lagged out. About 30 seconds later he died and we had like 3 nightmares about 6 mahrs and a spider come running at us. Needless to say i needed to change underwear after ;)

E

Elric IA

I was soloing at the far side of the parth farm, and had just pulled one when someone tapped me on the shoulder from behind and invited me to dance.

Shame i cant post the screenshot Alrindel but I remember that day I managed to kill it (red con to me) with the help of the original Muirob.

Users who are viewing this thread