What's the point?

Starwind

Can't get enough of FH
Solo people, some people's game syle is Rioting, can you respect that?

A long time ago someone introduced that solo play is so cool and that everone should respect that, but he also failed to see that hundreds of other people also play this game.

Whats makes one person so special that everyone else should build there world around them and what they say?

Not even Jesus himself asked for this much.

Btw solo folks, when/if you get talking to a person in a bar, and you think there maybe a chance you could get some lovin, please dont talk about PA's, Backstabs or Templates , because you will be going home on your own.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Starwind said:

A long time ago someone introduced that solo play is so cool and that everone should respect that, but he also failed to see that hundreds of other people also play this game.

Whats makes one person so special that everyone else should build there world around them and what they say?

Btw solo folks, when/if you get talking to a person in a bar, and you think there maybe a chance you could get some lovin, please dont talk about PA's, Backstabs or Templates , because you will be going home on your own.

i can agree that many people have a wierd opinion about how to play it and that its all about them.
But i dont think thats narrowed down to only solo players^^. Even though many that are competetive tend to go that way. Just look at these forums..almost all solo players have a caster or something else they dont solo with also btw, and then suddenly its ok not to solo but zerg some and then whine some on adding when on their solo alt:p
And yes...making daoc ur life even outside of the game is a stupid thing indeed:p

kivik

Part of the furniture
Kinetix said:
But the fact is most high RR stealths ( oposed to what as been said here ) go for undefended low rr chars that once stuned and snared cant do shit

No one said high RR's did not attack low RRs. But, I really hope any low RR soloer expects high RRs to attack them, and if they don't they really shouldn't solo. And if someone attack an undefended (what do you mean by that? no realmates around or crap template/unbuffed?) and stuns/snare him it doesn't matter what RR they are?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
its a fact that very few people have any respect for other players these days, and yes it is a lot worse since the RP patch, any worthless cockend can get 5-600 RPs from ruining others fun, at least wait for the fight to end then jump in. the game is on its last legs, idiots arent helping it.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Starwind said:

Ofc you can turn this story around. A long time ago, someone decided that Realm vs Realm ment to zerg everything down, cause thats how the game must be played, fun or not.

What makes a majority so special that 1 person should quit the game he loved, because the marority tells him thats the way the world is build here.

Jesus asked us for a lot more.

Btw solo folks, when/if you talk to a person in a bar, do tell them about bs/pa etc, ie. daoc in general and the playstyle's available. We might get more people playing this game.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
pip said:
Over the past 2 years i get the impression you are living in a dream world, due to the fact you think every 1 should just run about solo and let all have there precious 1v1? now like I said above it is realm v realm ? and if more people played the game like it should be played it would be alot more fun:)

ps... if all folk disagree they are in wrong game and should take up chess
give give give more big battles thats how i was brought up to play and won't change the way the game is meant to be played for no-one

While I agree with your earlier statement, that posts like this are maybe not the most helpful, I'd also say that what you write is not helpful at all. You say other's shouldn't post stuff like that cause it gets old and repetitive and whatever, yet you use the old "get over it, died in an RvR zone" argument.

Yer, maybe he died in an RvR zone and yer, maybe nobody cares or posting here won't change it, still it's utter useless to post the obvious imho.

Sometimes I really don't get your posts Pip.

pip

Banned
liloe said:
While I agree with your earlier statement, that posts like this are maybe not the most helpful, I'd also say that what you write is not helpful at all. You say other's shouldn't post stuff like that cause it gets old and repetitive and whatever, yet you use the old "get over it, died in an RvR zone" argument.

Yer, maybe he died in an RvR zone and yer, maybe nobody cares or posting here won't change it, still it's utter useless to post the obvious imho.

Sometimes I really don't get your posts Pip.
Don't mean this in a nasty way but you just understood that 1?

pip

Banned
Raven said:
its a fact that very few people have any respect for other players these days, and yes it is a lot worse since the RP patch, any worthless cockend can get 5-600 RPs from ruining others fun, at least wait for the fight to end then jump in. the game is on its last legs, idiots arent helping it.
Well that would be silly if one was rr11 and other rr2 and the 1 waiting was rr2 aswell, would they not both die then? not all situations is the same:)

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
Raven said:

This is imho one of the many contributing factors to the games continual demise. This game has moved away from being a fun mmorpg that a casual player can pick up and play, over time it has turned into a game that more closely resembles medevil counterstrike than an mmorpg.

People constantly preeching respect and whining about adds, moaning because someone dared touch the target you were fighting, bitching at your own realm mates because they decided to help a losing realm mate.

Its actions like these that drive away more people than the people you refer to as 'idiots' above. :m00:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
actually, its people playing more for the RPs than the fun that ha ruined the game.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Raven said:
actually, its people playing more for the RPs than the fun that ha ruined the game.

I must admit that I do indeed play alot for the rps, but in my mind rps = fun :p

With rps you get a bigger advantage, and I must say I like the fights I'm winning, and whatever can contribute to my winning chances, I'll embrace it.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
pip said:
Don't mean this in a nasty way but you just understood that 1?

Well what I don't understand is the following. The author whines because someone killed him while he had a 1v1 fight. Then the bitchfight starts. On the one hand you will find those who simply say "tough luck, died in an RvR zone etc.", then you will find the "wow, this sux so much, all zergers should /delete" and ofc the party which includes the most hypocrits saying "everyone should play like they want (P.S. but our way is the best imho)"

Basically the argument is totally old and well, in that case I picked you, cause people aggroed on you already. You say if people played "the way it was meant to be played" there would be more fun. Well, imho it's wrong to use the term "the way it's meant to be played" because there was never an official statement on how the game is meant to be played. Sure it's war, but that doesn't mean only huge armies should clash. A war was always multiple different fights, some larger, some smaller. Calculated down to the server population, one could say that this reflects 1v1, 8v8 and zerg vs. zerg.

So you like zerg fights, fine for you, I'm not gonna point at you for that, but telling others that it's so much more fun to zerg and that people who 1v1 more or less deserve it when they get added on is not right aswell. Then the old chess argument, which can also be called the Counterstrike argument. People might have fun in spending times with guilds or in their realm or simply knowing, that when they kill an enemy, the reward stays longer than till next time they start the game (like the money in CS).

Don't get me wrong though, that was not aimed at you personally, but I think I've seen you post a lot like this, so I was wondering why you even bother doing it again =) Overall it does apply to more or less everyone answering such kind of posts, cause I find it rather useless, given that the outcome will always be the same.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
liloe said:
Well what I don't understand is the following. The author whines because someone killed him while he had a 1v1 fight. Then the bitchfight starts. On the one hand you will find those who simply say "tough luck, died in an RvR zone etc.", then you will find the "wow, this sux so much, all zergers should /delete" and ofc the party which includes the most hypocrits saying "everyone should play like they want (P.S. but our way is the best imho)"

Basically the argument is totally old and well, in that case I picked you, cause people aggroed on you already. You say if people played "the way it was meant to be played" there would be more fun. Well, imho it's wrong to use the term "the way it's meant to be played" because there was never an official statement on how the game is meant to be played. Sure it's war, but that doesn't mean only huge armies should clash. A war was always multiple different fights, some larger, some smaller. Calculated down to the server population, one could say that this reflects 1v1, 8v8 and zerg vs. zerg.

So you like zerg fights, fine for you, I'm not gonna point at you for that, but telling others that it's so much more fun to zerg and that people who 1v1 more or less deserve it when they get added on is not right aswell. Then the old chess argument, which can also be called the Counterstrike argument. People might have fun in spending times with guilds or in their realm or simply knowing, that when they kill an enemy, the reward stays longer than till next time they start the game (like the money in CS).

Don't get me wrong though, that was not aimed at you personally, but I think I've seen you post a lot like this, so I was wondering why you even bother doing it again =) Overall it does apply to more or less everyone answering such kind of posts, cause I find it rather useless, given that the outcome will always be the same.

I didn't originally post this thread as a whine, it was a simple question to get a discussion started.

But I do value your point in the whole thread, and I have to agree that your post made me think a bit more than usual.

pip

Banned
liloe said:

Well in terms of the folk that add maybe they need to do this to get strong and not got buffs? now if folk try to stop these players they get board of game and quit? so imo game will die as it is dying at mo, I welcome any-one from midgard that need to do this to get strong can add on my fights any time, as we will need them strong for relic raids and such:) Lets face it a game is only good when there is players that play init.

ps Lets face it this game got to many selfish people init that abuse folk for doing this,therfore folk don't no wether to add or not, I say they are enemies and there to be killed,cause belive me when folk die and you don't add you get shit for this too:) But this is my views

kivik

Part of the furniture
pip said:
Well in terms of the folk that add maybe they need to do this to get strong and not got buffs? now if folk try to stop these players they get board of game and quit? so imo game will die as it is dying at mo, I welcome any-one from midgard that need to do this to get strong can add on my fights any time, as we will need them strong for relic raids and such:) Lets face it a game is only good when there is players that play init.

ps Lets face it this game got to many selfish people init that abuse folk for doing this,therfore folk don't no wether to add or not, I say they are enemies and there to be killed,cause belive me when folk die and you don't add you get shit for this too:) But this is my views

As I've seen it, it's mostly soloers/fgvfg guys that are starting to retire from this game, mainly because of the increasing of adding and zerging. It actually seems like the complete fg v fg scene has died out, but what would I know. Atleast I know that the solo scene is dying, slowly :mad:

I don't really understand the ps-part but I assume you were trying to say non-adders were selfish? I don't agree, the reason I don't add is simple, the guy wich is my 'enemy' will get pissed off if I add, is that being selfish? I'm actually caring about that guy. If my realmate wants me to add, why is he soloing in the first place?

Are adders not selfish when they come running from cliprange to add and get their mighty 400rp? Maybe, if the realmate wanted him to add, otherwise it's pure selfishness.

pip

Banned
kivik said:
As I've seen it, it's mostly soloers/fgvfg guys that are starting to retire from this game, mainly because of the increasing of adding and zerging. It actually seems like the complete fg v fg scene has died out, but what would I know. Atleast I know that the solo scene is dying, slowly :mad:

I don't really understand the ps-part but I assume you were trying to say non-adders were selfish? I don't agree, the reason I don't add is simple, the guy wich is my 'enemy' will get pissed off if I add, is that being selfish? I'm actually caring about that guy. If my realmate wants me to add, why is he soloing in the first place?

Are adders not selfish when they come running from cliprange to add and get their mighty 400rp? Maybe, if the realmate wanted him to add, otherwise it's pure selfishness.
I mean the selfish folks that don't wont there realm mates to add,don't care about the albs/hibs aslong as midguard is strong

Kinag

Part of the furniture
pip said:
I mean the selfish folks that don't wont there realm mates to add,don't care about the albs/hibs aslong as midguard is strong

Now why is that selfish?

I fail to see why that is selfish at all, only reason people don't want them to add is cause they want it to be a fair fight.

pip

Banned
Kinag said:
Now why is that selfish?

I fail to see why that is selfish at all, only reason people don't want them to add is cause they want it to be a fair fight.
lol whats a fair fight ? if i see /beckon i will let em get on with it

Ekadeath

Fledgling Freddie
GrivneKelmorian said:
dont deserve 1on1? why is that now then?
sshot023na0.jpg

Ouchy.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
That's some crap damage if that's a 2H PA tbh Dwera, I'm disappointed in you :<

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
U peeps ever heard of something called 'critical' ??? Doesnt happen everytime...even u can score some

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Congax said:
That's some crap damage if that's a 2H PA tbh Dwera, I'm disappointed in you :<

slash on chain ect :p

[img=http://img423.imageshack.us/img423/7449/sshot0909nl.jpg]

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
pip said:
lol whats a fair fight ? if i see /beckon i will let em get on with it
/beckon pip

/bg I've sighted an enemy of the realm! Let us pound this single enemy in the name of Loki, to show our superior tactics and our impressive amount of followers! Charge, for Midgard!

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Straef said:
/beckon pip

/bg I've sighted an enemy of the realm! Let us pound this single enemy in the name of Loki, to show our superior tactics and our impressive amount of followers! Charge, for Midgard!

Isn't Loki a Scandinavian God? :mad:

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Actually, Loki is Odin's blood brother.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
If I mention him, he's bound to have something to do with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom