Whats the best way to make money

C

CliffyG

I have a few low lvl chars, a 14 thane and a 12 spiritmaster which are doing ok, loot from the mobs is just about covering my armour/weap upgrades. The problem is i've now got a lvl 9 friar and have started in the art of tailoring, i have it up to lvl 200 (with the help of a 5 gold donation) but can't afford to buy the stuff to train further and the drops from mobs is pretty poor. So will i have to wait till im a higher level or is there a quick way to make some money?

O

old.mattshanes

DF has best money imo you could do a group in there at lv10-12 on the rats then solo them at around 16.

C

CliffyG

OK might have a look in there when i hit lvl ten, i could aways charge for rezzes ;).

O

old.mattshanes

My scout is lv21 was doing demonic fimiliars(might be spelt wrong) they were blue con dropping 15-20s a time which is good for lv21 and blue cons.

R

Ragnarok1978

If you know a bit about monster locations, I'd say tasks are a viable way to go.

Walk up to any named guard in a town, select him (Make sure it says "XxX is friendly and is a guard"), /whisper or /say "task" to him/her.

If they tell you to come back when you are more powerfull, try other guards in the same city, or try another city.

The guards will tell you to go kill this or that mob and return to them. Mobs are mostly blue cons, sometimes green and rarely yellow. Once you return and left-click the guard, you will eb rewarded a nice bunch of exp and some money for your trouble.

You get 2 tasks at lvl 2, 6 at lvl 6, 13 at lvl 13 and so on. It isn't "good" money, but between farming green cons for money, or doing tasks that also gain you exp, I'd go with tasks.

You have 2 hours to complete every task you get, however if you die, you fail the task and have to go back for a new one.

O

old.mattshanes

Tasking is a pain in the ass in albion imo,unless you have speed sometimes it takes about 10-15 minutes to get to one mob then about the same time back just for half a bub or 3/4....

O

old.Iunliten

sorry but tasks are great in albion, at lvl 18 I was doing one task each 3:rd minute at the tower in plains near camp forest border.

for 10 I would do prydwen bridge or west downs.
Only problem is at mid 10 when you get a kill task in camp forest from west down but then you take a horse down and run up and you don't loose to much time.

But I recommend though that you get a guild to sponsor your crafting otherwise you will have a hard time getting the money.
You can also do crafting tasks if I remember right.

C

CliffyG

Originally posted by old.Iunliten
But I recommend though that you get a guild to sponsor your crafting otherwise you will have a hard time getting the money.
You can also do crafting tasks if I remember right.

I'll ask my guild about it, i forgot about the craft tasks though. I should be able to do them now as i think you need to be min lvl 200.

EDIT

I'm a n00b so don't know the locations of much at all.

O

old.mattshanes

I lved quicker without tasks really in albion but yes when you get to lv16-19 tasks are quick just like in gna faste in mid.

C

CliffyG

Originally posted by saltymcpepper
prositution :D

Unfortunately there's not much call for Friars these days, plus it takes too long to take my robes off.

C

CliffyG

Got 50 gold sponsorship, should see me ok for a little while.

T

talen_sun

Craft tasking is called - Consignments.

You can do them from level 1 in your craft.

They count towards your max tasks for your level, but are infinite (ie - at level 10, you can do 10 killtasks. If you start with 10 consignments, you cannot do any killtasks until you level. But you can continue consignments) Thus, i suggest, you go out, and do all the kill tasks you can for your level, then, when you run out, the money you made for them, you put towards crafting, and do consignments...

You can consign until level 650 in your craft, then it stops and you gotta start using money and get very little return on the items...

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Best way to make money, though, is just to level. A level 50 can make more gold in a single kill than a level 20 would in 100 kills. Let's face it - if you really want to craft you're going to be playing the game for a long while. Get that high level character and you're away :)

Other than that you'll need guild-sponsorship.

O

old.Charonel

ok two things, dont know if this is an old thread or not but there are a couple of corrections needed anyway.

consignments (do these) can only be done from 100 points in craft skill onwards, not 1 skill.

consignments no longer count towards your total kill tasks, so you can ignore that bug now, it's been fixed, you could do ten consignments now at lvl 10, and still do ten kill tasks right after.

S

Slipurson

Originally posted by old.Trine Aquavit
Best way to make money, though, is just to level. A level 50 can make more gold in a single kill than a level 20 would in 100 kills. Let's face it - if you really want to craft you're going to be playing the game for a long while. Get that high level character and you're away :)

Other than that you'll need guild-sponsorship.

Thing is some people want to craft to make their own high qual armour... (even if droped with stats could be better)

:D

just my point of view no flame or anything :)

O

old.willowywicca

Originally posted by Slipurson

Thing is some people want to craft to make their own high qual armour... (even if droped with stats could be better)

:D

just my point of view no flame or anything :)

Only dragon/legion and one time drops (ie the 100% qua ones). Otherwise crafted is *always* better (assuming you're going to be hit, for casters in pve drops may be better)...

T

talen_sun

consignments (do these) can only be done from 100 points in craft skill onwards, not 1 skill.

Well, it was a LONG time ago when I started, so I could be wrong, (and if i am, my apologies), but i am sure, i was consigning from the moment i started my craft...

either that, or maybe it changed from when I started...

anyway, I'll try it tonight (if i can be arsed!!)

O

old.chesnor

Originally posted by old.willowywicca

Only dragon/legion and one time drops (ie the 100% qua ones). Otherwise crafted is *always* better (assuming you're going to be hit, for casters in pve drops may be better)...

Lies. Every item should be compared to a crafted equivalent on a case by case basis. I could have worn 98%+ player crafted armour to Thidranki with my assassin, but I chose 89% DF armour because of the insane stat increases (something like 20 to dex & qui, 10 or more to cons) etc..In my opinion this was the best choice.

And on topic, whoever said the best way to make money is to be lvl50. ROFL. The whole point is, the road to 50 is very, very difficult if you are not twinked/rich. Most people who play this game these days probably don't realise just how hard the early levels are (especially for chars with high overheads like Armsmen/Warriors/Heros etc..) as the money you naturally earn levelling is not enough to keep you in good quality equipment. You are therefore forced to farm greens, thus levelling and earning at the same rate, or beg, craft task etc..

Bottom line is, this games economy is a joke. You earn far too little at the lower levels, and far too much at the higher levels. A surplus of 100s of gold is not uncommon for 30+ chars. I have an armsmen approaching level 20 atm, and the next set of fine alloy plate will cost 140g. That is way beyond what he can actually earn going about his business, but my cleric makes this kind of cash in an hour or 2 and needs nothing. So what do I do ? Twink the armsman of course, like everyone else in the game...almost.

So to sum up. Best way to make money when you are a lowb. Join a guild, offer sexual favours to a high level in exchange for large amounts of gold, beg, steal, borrow. Just do not, under any circumstances do it the old fashioned, honest, hard graft way. Noone else does !

D

Danya

Originally posted by old.chesnor
So to sum up. Best way to make money when you are a lowb. Join a guild, offer sexual favours to a high level in exchange for large amounts of gold, beg, steal, borrow. Just do not, under any circumstances do it the old fashioned, honest, hard graft way. Noone else does !
*Offers chesnor sexual favours* ;)

O

old.Trine Aquavit

And on topic, whoever said the best way to make money is to be lvl50. ROFL. The whole point is, the road to 50 is very, very difficult if you are not twinked/rich. Most people who play this game these days probably don't realise just how hard the early levels are (especially for chars with high overheads like Armsmen/Warriors/Heros etc..) as the money you naturally earn levelling is not enough to keep you in good quality equipment. You are therefore forced to farm greens, thus levelling and earning at the same rate, or beg, craft task etc..

Aye that would be me, though I didn't say you needed to level to 50, just that levelling is the best way to make money - which was the question that was asked (as opposed to the best way to beg for money, which is the question you answered ;)). I'm actually against new players being given cash as it turns the game into more of a level-fest than ever (drops & quests are less important, and less fun, if you're tooled up with 98%+ crafted armour).

At the end of the day, if you want to craft without outside supoort you'll get a lot further in a shorter length of time if you level first then learn to craft. The crafting mechanism wasn't designed for everyone to be able to make their own armour, etc. It was designed so that groups of people could group together to support crafters who could make stuff for the whole group - and this is largely what happens. Our guild, for instance, uses membership subscriptions to help fund the guild crafters, and guild members can apply for funds to help them improve their crafting skills. If you want to craft seriously, you'll need a supporting guild or a heck of a lot of cash.

As for people not realising how hard the levels are - erm, didn't we all have to go through it with our mains (I'm still going through it - I've got more than one piece of blue on my main at the mo)? And some of us prefer not to twink alts anyway (only 1 of my 3 alts is twinked). It's actually easier now to maintain equipment because of the inflated economy (more cash and items floating around), though it's not so easy to form regular groups & guilds, etc.

O

old.Icebreaker

Buy some Platin on Ebay :D

Laughed my ass off after i saw this on ebay.....

--------------------------------
Icebreaker <Celtic Fist>

B

Brunore

Originally posted by old.Icebreaker
Buy some Platin on Ebay :D

Laughed my ass off after i saw this on ebay.....

--------------------------------
Icebreaker <Celtic Fist>

There is another guy who sells a 'powerleveling' service :rolleyes:

THe sad things is, people have bought it, according to his feedback anyway

D

Danya

Really noticed this when I rolled a merc alt yesterday (now level 10). I twinked myself with 50g and multiple sets of armour, some bows, and a couple of thousand arrows and have still spent several gold on swords alone. Had I needed to buy armour arrows etc. on top of that, ouch.

S

SilverHood

Hmm, everyone started out with zilch

I remember being in green armor until about lvl 20, when I got my hands on some dropped armor pieces..... not sure how I managed, but I did... and new players should be able to do so too

best advice is to level a caster.... only thing you need to buy are focus staves, atleast until you can get some dropped ones... armor is not very important, as long as you avoid getting hit.

F

fl3a

some things dont need money (armor & weapons) cuz u can get OTDs and therefore a nice item for free.

F

Fafnir

If all would do all otd's then we would have a lot of items to give away, to new chars. But then the new chars dont do the drops and there are less items.

I myself have done all otd's with all my alts. So have about 8 fimx rings rings of wisdoms etc. Theese are great to tweak alts. :)

And i tell low lvl chars about some usefull drops. Red Bludgeoneer etc.

O

old.Glabbin

beg

Go and beg every char with 30g dyes on the armors... If they say no... beg till they ignore you... if still no money, beg every char you see! :clap: :clap: :clap:

O

old.Charonel

sad thing is that begging is almost certainly the most effective and efficient way to farm cash, you see so many high lvl's dropping 100g onto a lvl 2 just to get rid of them because they keep spamming their "giv cash plz!!!1!!" macro's unendingly :(

i could roll a lvl 1 char, go to ligen and probably farm cash faster than i can with my lvl 39 :p

:puke: :puke: :puke:

L

larossa

Begging

I don't give to beggars - at least not to ones who just say "gimme gold" etc.

A smart line of begging is different, funny comments get rewarded and if I see a few dms for the same guy and I am near I will probably bung him a few silver or a gp - I know it makes a hell of a difference at that level and improves the game for the guy (or girl) - I also advise him to spend it on decent armour/weapons.

Personally I think that each new character should be gifted with, say 5 silver to get them started as standard, without needing to beg for money

Users who are viewing this thread